Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Who is the Greatest Transformers Character of All Time? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=60867)

BScorpinok75 08-31-2015 01:51 PM

Who is the Greatest Transformers Character of All Time?

Please check out my thread : http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...-all-time.html over on TFW2005 and submit your nominations for "Greatest Transformers Character of All Time"...

- Thank You...!!!...

elburrito 08-31-2015 04:04 PM

Re: Who is the Greatest Transformers Character of All Time?

Optimus Prime...it's my first choice. Megatron is a close second.

MULTIPLEX 08-31-2015 04:13 PM

My vote would be G1 Megatron or G1 Starscream. The show just wouldn't be the same without them *cough Season 3 :primelaugh: Optimus a close third. See where I'm going with this?

But if I had to choose. G1 Megatron.

joshimus 08-31-2015 04:57 PM

BW Dinobot. Going with this choice.

razin 08-31-2015 04:59 PM

Tyrese. Left cheek.

jjwankenobi 08-31-2015 05:56 PM

One Shall Stand
One Shall Fall
(Not pictured: Bayverse Prime, because...fuck him.
Also not pictured: TFA Prime, because...injustice)

justprime 08-31-2015 06:38 PM

Prime all the way

Hellboy 08-31-2015 06:56 PM

Wheelie

Undrave 08-31-2015 07:01 PM

Scott McNeil! He's quite the character...

Einstein 08-31-2015 07:40 PM

There is only one choice and we all know who it is. People may want to disagree, but they would be wrong. Without Optimus Prime there would be no Transformers, he is the only logical choice (as Spock and Shockwave would say)

Whisky Tango Foxtrot 08-31-2015 07:46 PM

Waspinator. No question.

Rev 08-31-2015 07:57 PM

Starscream.

ConvoyGTR 08-31-2015 08:05 PM

You know it, I know it. It's Optimus Prime.

Robimus 08-31-2015 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Einstein (Post 657116)
There is only one choice and we all know who it is. People may want to disagree, but they would be wrong. Without Optimus Prime there would be no Transformers, he is the only logical choice (as Spock and Shockwave would say)

I could see fans of different elements of this franchise feeling other characters are the best.

For instance if you grew up digging Beast Wars there was no Optimus Prime to elevate that show.

For newer stuff it would be pretty easy to argue that Bumblebee is the greatest due to his huge rolls in the Bayverse, the IDW stuff and the new RID series.

Me, I will offer a second vote for Wheelie :p Preferably Movie Wheelie because he got to hump Megan Fox's leg, but either will do. :p

joshimus 08-31-2015 08:33 PM

I have 3 shelves for only Optimus, 2 shelves for Megatron, a computer desk with several levels for Starscream and 1 shelf for Soundwave + minions, so those 4 are my clear favourites, but BW Dinobot is something special to me. He's only ever had BW and his character sticks out so well that he's even won the Botcon fans choice award. I believe the first non-G1 winner too, if I am not mistaken. I could be as I don't pay THAT much attention to Botcon so feel free to correct me.
So yeah, while as a whole I would agree Prime is top dog on the Transformers list, I still have to stand by my BW Dinobot vote. I'm glad we are getting an MP Primal figure, but I would love to see an MP scale Dinobot that blows Takaras deluxe out of the water. (sorry Hasbro, the colour is just too crappy to like that one)

Xtreme987 08-31-2015 09:22 PM

OP for sure. :primelaugh:

species5618w 09-01-2015 04:01 PM

Starscream, Soundwave and Devastator.

I only seems to like the bad guys.

Oh, and prime Arcee.

elburrito 09-01-2015 04:15 PM

Bruce...Caitlin...Jenner?

Einstein 09-01-2015 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robimus (Post 657123)
I could see fans of different elements of this franchise feeling other characters are the best.

For instance if you grew up digging Beast Wars there was no Optimus Prime to elevate that show.

For newer stuff it would be pretty easy to argue that Bumblebee is the greatest due to his huge rolls in the Bayverse, the IDW stuff and the new RID series.

Me, I will offer a second vote for Wheelie :p Preferably Movie Wheelie because he got to hump Megan Fox's leg, but either will do. :p

Again, it's fine for people to like other characters and see them as great and even be their favourite, but we all know the honest to god's truth of the matter is without Optimus Prime there never would have been any Transformers.

He is without a doubt the greatest one of them all.

Xtreme987 09-01-2015 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elburrito (Post 657228)

:primelaugh::rofl::primelaugh:

MahtimusPrime09 09-01-2015 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xtreme987 (Post 657231)
:primelaugh::rofl::primelaugh:

Hehe good one, about Megan Fox. Smooth...

I have got to say it's Optimus! He really is one of the definitive marks for Transformers, so I am going with him. Otherwise, probably Rumble or Blurr.

Haha!

Einstein 09-01-2015 05:17 PM

I think it's important to remember who our favourite character is and who the greatest TF ever is are more than likely 2 different TFs

jjwankenobi 09-01-2015 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elburrito (Post 657228)

http://i0.wp.com/turtleboysports.com...5/06/kmvlc.jpg

Personally I think its B A N A N A S that he/she is being reverred/praised in the media for "transforming" (See what I did there?) when millions of LGBT men, women and kids have been just as courageous but never had a publicist and media army to herald their struggle. And thanks to his/her notoriety he/she recently literally got away with negligence resulting in murder (vehicular homicide).

Sorry guys...I am really incensed by the cult of personality created around people like The Kardashians and Mr./Ms. Jenner...end rant.

Tekkamanraiden 09-01-2015 05:24 PM

Omega Supreme

Rodimus Prime1 09-01-2015 05:40 PM

Soundwaves 09-01-2015 08:58 PM

Soundwave. Easy.

Especially when you consider how rad a Walkman was in the 80's.

Cassette minions?

Come on.

They'll never nail it like they did with soundwave.

supermanTF 09-02-2015 01:05 AM

My suggestion for Greatest Transformer Ever is Ultra Magnus - the Semi is amazing and great colors. Optimus Prime as a playable transformer is great too. Omega Supreme and Devastator or close 3 and 4.

CanBot 09-02-2015 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Einstein (Post 657116)

He didn't invent the theory of relatively just for laughs, after all. The above is true, true, true. You might not like Prime, but he IS the GOAT.

gunzero 09-02-2015 04:19 AM

Ultra Magnus

SleeplessKnight 09-02-2015 06:35 AM

Heh,

Erector

Heh heh.

alternatorfan 09-02-2015 07:14 AM

Bumblebee and spike reporting for duty??

down_shift 09-02-2015 08:29 AM

Optimus Prime.

Hellboy 09-02-2015 09:04 AM

I pose this; Without Optimus, Megatron would have been "The Greatest" (discounting good/bad methods) if we were to look at who would have ruled over everything. So that technically makes OP "The Greatest" like rock over scissors. But without those two who would have been "The Greatest"? Unicron would have dominated everyone if not stopped by HotRod/Rodimus in the G1 universe.

I'm not talking favourites... because Starscream rules in my world even though a completely incompetent leader. TF:Prime Starscream was a lot more cunning and capable but still an overall wannabe.

MULTIPLEX 09-02-2015 01:44 PM

Would Optimus Prime be so iconic or the "best" character without his equally iconic nemesis, Megatron? Doubt it. Every legendary hero needs an equally impressive anti-hero.

I watched Transformers, not to see Optimus Prime win, but to see Megatron lose!

Perspective :D

Rodimus Prime1 09-02-2015 01:46 PM

Ok , honestly would be to hard to pick for me, as it changes with each new cartoon/ comic/movie that comes out.

Starscream, would get my vote I guess if I absolutley had to give an answer. As I liked him, in most of the differnet shows . Where as, in BW I liked Megs the best.

Prime, Megs, Rodimus, Jazz, Galvy, Grimmy, Waspinator, Blurr, Knockout(Prime) & Perceptor would all be close firsts/seconds

Darth Cylon 09-02-2015 02:53 PM

For me It's between MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam and Marcross VF-1.

CanBot 09-02-2015 11:26 PM

This needs to be changed to a vote :D

Robimus 09-03-2015 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Einstein (Post 657230)
Again, it's fine for people to like other characters and see them as great and even be their favourite, but we all know the honest to god's truth of the matter is without Optimus Prime there never would have been any Transformers.

He is without a doubt the greatest one of them all.

Did the Optimus Prime toy come out by itself in 1984 and based on its success all the others were made?

The early issues of Marvel thrust Ratchet to the forefront, while relegating Optimus to a secondary role. I think I could even argue that Blaster saw more action in the first 20 issues of that comic than Optimus did.

In Japan Headmasters, Masterforce, Victory - these all came along with little to no focus on Optimus Prime. They didn't even call him Optimus Prime in Japan. Beast Wars and Beast Machines had very limited reference to him as well.

I think it is very safe to say Optimus is the most popular character in the history of the franchise - I just don't know if that makes him the greatest character ever. A lot might depend on how one defines that.

Saying their would not have been a franchise without him is a bit of a stretch to me. At best it is speculation, not logic.

I just think there is a bit more room for debate than you are allowing for.

Einstein 09-03-2015 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robimus (Post 657419)
Did the Optimus Prime toy come out by itself in 1984 and based on its success all the others were made?

The early issues of Marvel thrust Ratchet to the forefront, while relegating Optimus to a secondary role. I think I could even argue that Blaster saw more action in the first 20 issues of that comic than Optimus did.

In Japan Headmasters, Masterforce, Victory - these all came along with little to no focus on Optimus Prime. They didn't even call him Optimus Prime in Japan. Beast Wars and Beast Machines had very limited reference to him as well.

I think it is very safe to say Optimus is the most popular character in the history of the franchise - I just don't know if that makes him the greatest character ever. A lot might depend on how one defines that.

Saying their would not have been a franchise without him is a bit of a stretch to me. At best it is speculation, not logic.

I just think there is a bit more room for debate than you are allowing for.

The vast majority of people who were into TFs as children saw Optimus in the Cartoon before anything else.

Again, the question is asking who is the greatest TF character of all time, not who is our favourite or any other stipulation.

My Favourite character is G1 Jazz, but is he the greatest character? No, that logically is Optimus Prime, he is the core of the Transformers, the heart, the soul, everything.

Why do you think Hasbro puts so much focus on him? Because he is the MAIN character. Again, it boils down to the question being asked isn't who our favourite character is, which many people seem to be doing.

BScorpinok75 09-05-2015 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanBot (Post 657416)
This needs to be changed to a vote :D

Was trying to get nominations so I could take the top ten and put to a vote. Seems not many followed the link to see what I was doing. Nor did many identify their choice by specific continuity. G1 cartoon or comic Optimus, IDW or Movieverse Megatron, Animated or G1 Soundwave, AEC or Prime Starscream, etc. And I'm asking for "Greatest" not "Favorite". Though for some they be the same. So nominations are appreciated but I have no way to tally if continuity is not designed. Thanks! Taking nominations until months end then will post poll over @ tfw2005.