Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Toys That Made Us TF episode (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=72630)

brr-icy 05-26-2018 02:32 PM

The Toys That Made Us TF episode

What did you guys think of the episode? I enjoyed it, they missed a bunch of the history of G1 passing over Japan, Europe (and by extension Canada), and South America. Cool to see the Microchange VHS.

A shot of part of my collection was also shown at the end of the episode in the credits.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1757/...bdb02e77_b.jpg

Grimlock4Prime 05-26-2018 05:41 PM

Re: The Toys That Made Us TF episode

I liked it. Keeping in mind it is probably targeted towards people that don't know the franchise as well as people who do, I think it covered a lot of the bases. Would it have been nice to see them dive into all the various stuff from from 1987 onwards? Sure, but I don't think it was specifically necessary for the story they were telling. They certainly went a lot further into the pre Diaclone origins than I'd have every expected.

freakx2001 05-27-2018 02:00 AM

Cool to see a local connection. Watched the episode tonight with my son. Very interesting for sure. I really like how they put their episodes together.

Brr-icy. Can I ask. How did you end up in the episode?

brr-icy 05-27-2018 09:30 AM

They contacted me and asked if i would be ok being on the episode

CobraCommander 05-27-2018 09:54 AM

I watched it last night, wow it was pretty awesome. I didn't watch the credits, cool to see your collection on there dude :)

Yeah that vhs tape transformer thing really stood out, I never knew of it's existence before. Also, really cool to see how gijoe of all things helped influence takara to make microman that then turned to influence transformers.

I also really dug the humble beginnings of tf prototypes being made out of wood, I would love to see more of these.

Overall... very cool!

Robimus 05-27-2018 10:41 AM

It was a fun episode.

My favorite part was the Hasbro rep talking about how Gobots were mostly cheap plastic and not as much die cast as Transformers :p Talk about sone revisionist history :p

steamwhistle 05-27-2018 11:07 AM

Great episode. I watched it last night.
I liked hearing the history of the early days and development of the line.

Glad to see a connection here with brr-icy's collection too.

The mention of Go-Bots was fun too. Reminded me of the great debates of my childhood -- one of my friends was always arguing that Go-Bots were better than TransFormers.

The only Go-Bots I ever had were the ones they had as a promotional offer from Shell gas stations. I think I got the white float plane, and blue helicopter from there. Maybe a motrocycle too. I always used them as weak robots that kept getting captured and the Autobots would have to come to save them.

timcrook 05-27-2018 02:53 PM

I enjoyed it. I'm wishing there was more, maybe a part 2 in 3rd party :)

zuffyprime 05-27-2018 04:32 PM

Man gotta catch this sounds awesome

Which episode number and what season is it guys?
Thx!

joshimus 05-27-2018 05:39 PM

It was alright. I was expecting a bit more. I'm happy they mentioned how Beast Wars revitalized Transformers but I mean, as bad as Beast Machines was, you still had Car Robots, Armada, Energon etc that helped push the movies to be made. BW ended in what 1998-99? So from there to 2007 is a lot of missed time.
(shrug)