Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers Feedback and Reviews (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Generations Metroplex Picture Review (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47525)

FEZaid 06-08-2013 03:17 PM

Generations Metroplex Picture Review

TFW forum member, ChErikS has created a review for the titan Metroplex.

Also he posted this at the bottom of the review, must read:

"Side note I would really recommend that none of you wait to pick him up in hopes that he’ll end up on clearance or on a significant sale. A friend told me that Hasbro is not making a large quantity of them so as to assure that they sell out and if you wait then I wouldn’t be surprised if you end up paying a lot more on the secondary market." -ChErikS

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...metroplex.html

AeroShake 06-08-2013 03:38 PM

Re: Generations Metroplex Picture Review

Hot damn.. I always planned on getting it anyways when it dropped but limited numbers..? Ugh..

justprime 06-08-2013 03:46 PM

another MP10 feasco thanks Hasbro

Metrotitan 06-08-2013 03:51 PM

JUNE?! Really Hasbro? My wallet is not ready! :(

down_shift 06-08-2013 03:59 PM

Not bad, but I'm also not worried about getting him.

chroma23 06-08-2013 04:02 PM

anybody know how much he will cost at TRU? trying to decide if i should get this or the takara version

laffy 06-08-2013 04:10 PM

oh yeas he will be mine... hope he comes sooner :)

KoreanInferno 06-08-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chroma23 (Post 512515)
anybody know how much he will cost at TRU? trying to decide if i should get this or the takara version

There was a thread with the TRU skus. Metroplex was $100 I believe.

Matrix_Holder 06-08-2013 05:18 PM

For some reasons $125 comes to mind.

xueyue2 06-08-2013 06:33 PM

Now after seeing the review, I kind of not so eager to get him.....over 100 stickers to apply? Why?

SleeplessKnight 06-08-2013 06:48 PM

Stickers? Ugh.

I wonder if the Takara version will have those pre-applied?

xueyue2 06-08-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SleeplessKnight (Post 512536)
Stickers? Ugh.

I wonder if the Takara version will have those pre-applied?

Apparently no, according to one of the replies. Here is the picture to prove that. http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...1369289582.jpg

Akroyer 06-09-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xueyue2 (Post 512534)
Now after seeing the review, I kind of not so eager to get him.....over 100 stickers to apply? Why?

Over 100 stickers ouch..

brr-icy 06-09-2013 05:16 PM

Can't wait, tru's computer says sept release, wonder if they accelerated it

Shepp 06-17-2013 09:04 AM

I have a sneaking suspicion that there will be a 3rd party shell to go over the front half of Metroplex's torso based exactly on FOC. And maybe some game accurate shoulder guns.

Other than a black-wash/ink-wash, the stickers might be all he needs. Still at odds over if I want to put the Optimus Prime bridge sticker on him though, it just makes Metroplex seem a bit smaller than he should be.

Big Filipino 06-18-2013 06:53 PM

I'm leaning towards the Takara version of this toy just so I can get two of the red cannons.

Stapler 06-18-2013 07:43 PM

So is this a TRU exclusive or will he be available most everywhere?

Bruticus 06-18-2013 08:01 PM

It's going to be in limited quantities, but is not a TRU exclusive. We are in negotiations with a Canadian distributor to get pricing for him that will be competitive to TRU and other retailers.

Big Filipino 07-05-2013 04:07 PM

I was a little on the fence about this guy but after seeing him at Botcon I am a definite buyer. He's absolutely massive.

terrordrone 07-05-2013 04:41 PM

we have no shame in being size queens.

CobraCommander 07-05-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xueyue2 (Post 512539)
Apparently no, according to one of the replies. Here is the picture to prove that. http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...1369289582.jpg

I thought the Takara version was supposed to have Chrome face and thighs? Can anyone confirm?

CobraCommander 07-05-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Filipino (Post 518029)
I was a little on the fence about this guy but ...

That's the most ridiculous thing I heard you say! :primelaugh: :p

Big Filipino 07-10-2013 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CobraCommander (Post 518049)
That's the most ridiculous thing I heard you say! :primelaugh: :p

Haha. Don't worry I'm all in. Now I just need to decide on Takara, Hasbro or the SDCC version.

Slayback 07-10-2013 12:14 AM

My understanding is that the thighs and face for Takara will be chromed. The extra gun everyone already knows about. The HK version has yet to be seen.

The 12th Prime 07-10-2013 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Filipino (Post 519057)
Haha. Don't worry I'm all in. Now I just need to decide on Takara, Hasbro or the SDCC version.

Get all 3!!! That's what I want to do! 1 for the Classics, one for the FOC and one for the Legends :) Oh man it's gonna rock and I'll have no space left to live in but some Metroplex's will protect me from the rain though the electronics might suffer for it.

Big Filipino 07-12-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The 12th Prime (Post 519076)
Get all 3!!! That's what I want to do! 1 for the Classics, one for the FOC and one for the Legends :) Oh man it's gonna rock and I'll have no space left to live in but some Metroplex's will protect me from the rain though the electronics might suffer for it.

I think the wife may have an issue with 3 child size robots taking up more space. Then again I can say there's 1 for each of my kids. :raisetheroof:

Shepp 07-14-2013 09:49 PM

After seeing the con exclusives and the Takara version in vehicle mode, I think it's safe to assume that Metroplex was designed with 2 guns, and the Hasbro retail release is somewhat neutered.

The guns just fill up the gap between the vehicle mode deck and torso perfectly.

Oh well, I'll just have the gun on the left side while the ramp is deployed on the right.

Or cave in and pay through the nose for a second gun.

Probably option 1.

canprime 07-14-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shepp (Post 520058)
After seeing the con exclusives and the Takara version in vehicle mode, I think it's safe to assume that Metroplex was designed with 2 guns, and the Hasbro retail release is somewhat neutered.

The guns just fill up the gap between the vehicle mode deck and torso perfectly.

Oh well, I'll just have the gun on the left side while the ramp is deployed on the right.

Or cave in and pay through the nose for a second gun.

Probably option 1.

Or as another option, just be patient and wait. There are going to be a ton of the retail release that will eventually go on sale. As well there will be the inevitable collectors selling it because they no longer want it and you can probably get a whole Metroplex for the same price as just the gun.

DecepticonusPrime 07-15-2013 07:38 AM

Stickers? Screw that.

I was kind of on the fence for this guy anyway, and this makes it even more of a hassle. I don't care about limited numbers and all that, and I don't really have anywhere to put him... not anywhere appropriate, anyway! Be weird having this big robot just standing around in a corner somewhere.

Shepp 08-01-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canprime (Post 520064)
Or as another option, just be patient and wait. There are going to be a ton of the retail release that will eventually go on sale. As well there will be the inevitable collectors selling it because they no longer want it and you can probably get a whole Metroplex for the same price as just the gun.

But then how would I sell a gunless extra Metroplex after that? Plus, shipping that thing would be a headache.

Anyways, I'm actually hoping for a 3rd Party Six-Gun that transforms into something that approximates the other gun. Possibly by combining with a 3rd Party Slammer.

UTF 08-23-2013 04:15 PM

Just got mine from Fanexpo, and I can confirm that the Canadian release doesn't speak anymore. All the voice snippets have been removed.

FEZaid 08-23-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UTF (Post 530946)
Just got mine from Fanexpo, and I can confirm that the Canadian release doesn't speak anymore. All the voice snippets have been removed.

If the voice is gone does it still provide noise and lights?

UTF 08-23-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FEZaid (Post 530949)
If the voice is gone does it still provide noise and lights?

It makes the mechanical noises and lights up, but all the speaking lines are gone. Probably because language laws, and not wanting to record a French version for Quebec.

laffy 08-23-2013 06:39 PM

OOOOOOOMMMMMMMGGGGGGod i was right again haters stop hating.. im hear to help...... once my guy confermed that metroplex was going to be nuderd i jumped and got taken at silver snail for 200.00 for a english one and i can say im glad i did... anyway told all about this a month ago hope all works out for all.:)

laffy 08-23-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UTF (Post 530960)
It makes the mechanical noises and lights up, but all the speaking lines are gone. Probably because language laws, and not wanting to record a French version for Quebec.

it is the language laws and is why hes more in canada and is also why hes late comming and lastly if it would have been only tru we'd see the real deal and tru will not ship or sell to quebec (remeber all im french) but hes being sold everywhere so hasbro has to follow the laws and easyest thing to do is put in a new sound chip :)

protoform_ironhide 08-23-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laffy (Post 530994)
OOOOOOOMMMMMMMGGGGGGod i was right again haters stop hating.. im hear to help...... once my guy confermed that metroplex was going to be nuderd i jumped and got taken at silver snail for 200.00 for a english one and i can say im glad i did... anyway told all about this a month ago hope all works out for all.:)

You are paying 100 bucks more just because it speaks a couple lines in English?? That's pretty generous, i personally wouldn't pay 100 bucks more just because it speaks something... in fact I will probably take out the battery...

Masta_Skidz 08-23-2013 08:16 PM

I also take all batteries out so this would have no effect on someone like me I find noises annoying and useless gimmick

laffy 08-23-2013 08:37 PM

crazy as it sounds yes but i will pay regardless the price for what i want and or need...

laffy 08-23-2013 08:39 PM

also i dont have worry about bad shipping the boxes are all ready very cheap and im sure many will get bad boxes and mine is mint....

xueyue2 08-23-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laffy (Post 531023)
also i dont have worry about bad shipping the boxes are all ready very cheap and im sure many will get bad boxes and mine is mint....

Well, I think I need to thank you for your information. Too bad the Canadian version is without sound, of course I prefer Metroplex with cool voice...but I don't think I will pay 100 more for that.