Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers Feedback and Reviews (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Generations Metroplex Picture Review (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47525)

CobraCommander 07-05-2013 04:51 PM

Re: Generations Metroplex Picture Review

Quote:

Originally Posted by xueyue2 (Post 512539)
Apparently no, according to one of the replies. Here is the picture to prove that. http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...1369289582.jpg

I thought the Takara version was supposed to have Chrome face and thighs? Can anyone confirm?

CobraCommander 07-05-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Filipino (Post 518029)
I was a little on the fence about this guy but ...

That's the most ridiculous thing I heard you say! :primelaugh: :p

Big Filipino 07-10-2013 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CobraCommander (Post 518049)
That's the most ridiculous thing I heard you say! :primelaugh: :p

Haha. Don't worry I'm all in. Now I just need to decide on Takara, Hasbro or the SDCC version.

Slayback 07-10-2013 12:14 AM

My understanding is that the thighs and face for Takara will be chromed. The extra gun everyone already knows about. The HK version has yet to be seen.

The 12th Prime 07-10-2013 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Filipino (Post 519057)
Haha. Don't worry I'm all in. Now I just need to decide on Takara, Hasbro or the SDCC version.

Get all 3!!! That's what I want to do! 1 for the Classics, one for the FOC and one for the Legends :) Oh man it's gonna rock and I'll have no space left to live in but some Metroplex's will protect me from the rain though the electronics might suffer for it.

Big Filipino 07-12-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The 12th Prime (Post 519076)
Get all 3!!! That's what I want to do! 1 for the Classics, one for the FOC and one for the Legends :) Oh man it's gonna rock and I'll have no space left to live in but some Metroplex's will protect me from the rain though the electronics might suffer for it.

I think the wife may have an issue with 3 child size robots taking up more space. Then again I can say there's 1 for each of my kids. :raisetheroof:

Shepp 07-14-2013 09:49 PM

After seeing the con exclusives and the Takara version in vehicle mode, I think it's safe to assume that Metroplex was designed with 2 guns, and the Hasbro retail release is somewhat neutered.

The guns just fill up the gap between the vehicle mode deck and torso perfectly.

Oh well, I'll just have the gun on the left side while the ramp is deployed on the right.

Or cave in and pay through the nose for a second gun.

Probably option 1.

canprime 07-14-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shepp (Post 520058)
After seeing the con exclusives and the Takara version in vehicle mode, I think it's safe to assume that Metroplex was designed with 2 guns, and the Hasbro retail release is somewhat neutered.

The guns just fill up the gap between the vehicle mode deck and torso perfectly.

Oh well, I'll just have the gun on the left side while the ramp is deployed on the right.

Or cave in and pay through the nose for a second gun.

Probably option 1.

Or as another option, just be patient and wait. There are going to be a ton of the retail release that will eventually go on sale. As well there will be the inevitable collectors selling it because they no longer want it and you can probably get a whole Metroplex for the same price as just the gun.

DecepticonusPrime 07-15-2013 07:38 AM

Stickers? Screw that.

I was kind of on the fence for this guy anyway, and this makes it even more of a hassle. I don't care about limited numbers and all that, and I don't really have anywhere to put him... not anywhere appropriate, anyway! Be weird having this big robot just standing around in a corner somewhere.

Shepp 08-01-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canprime (Post 520064)
Or as another option, just be patient and wait. There are going to be a ton of the retail release that will eventually go on sale. As well there will be the inevitable collectors selling it because they no longer want it and you can probably get a whole Metroplex for the same price as just the gun.

But then how would I sell a gunless extra Metroplex after that? Plus, shipping that thing would be a headache.

Anyways, I'm actually hoping for a 3rd Party Six-Gun that transforms into something that approximates the other gun. Possibly by combining with a 3rd Party Slammer.