Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Transformers you regret selling. (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=51971)

Shockwave 75 03-03-2014 11:43 AM

Transformers you regret selling.

Maybe you needed money at the time, or had just grown bored with them, but now there's an empty space in your heart shaped like a certain figure(s).

What are they?

For me it's Armada (the original) Starscream, and Universe Sunstreaker.

I needed money for TFCon and they, along with a bunch of others, were just sitting in bins, not having been touched for a few years, and were likely to never be displayed so I decided to pass them along so that others might have the chance to enjoy them. But now I regret parting with those two. Especially since it looks like it will be mildly expensive to reacquire them!

I sold off my all MW flipchanger Autobots, Sandstorm, and Skywarp, and I kinda regret it now.

I regret selling Drift too, but I'm not sure if it's for personal reasons ie; I really liked the figure, or for collector reasons ie; it was the first toy made of a new character made for the comics.

Dynamo.Dave 03-03-2014 11:54 AM

Re: Transformers you regret selling.

While I've never sold a transformer, I have traded or 'permanently lent' TFs to people in the past.

I traded some Pretenders for some 86 movie toys, which I think I'm alright, though the pretender ones likely would have aged better.

Also lent a friend some Stunticons. Whoops.

CobraCommander 03-03-2014 12:26 PM

I had a similar resentment but with GIJoe/Cobra figs. When I was a naive kid back in Jr High. I traded a bunch of my loose/complete GIJoe/Cobra figs to a friend of my Cousins, whom I never meet, for loose G1 Transformers. Big mistake, I assumed that the G1 TFs would have been in the same condition as my Joes, played with but complete. Instead I got a bunch of figs with broken parts and several missing weapons and accessories. :( A lesson learned that I eventually rectified thanks to ebay and conventions by re-buying the Joes I once had.

PrimeCron 03-03-2014 12:31 PM

I've been selling alot of TFs the past couples year... So far the only figure that I ever regretted trading was the mint loose complete ROTF Leader Class Shadow Command Megatron... After 2 years searching for another one, I found 2 of them in less than 1 week... I sold one on ebay which I loss money but made a US TFs collector freaking happy... and the other one posted for sale because I decided to keep my Takara DOTM Limited Edition Dark Energon Megatron...

Another one that I'm somewhat regretting selling is a MISB FP Assaulter...but with patience I'm sure that I will acquiring another one...

Ohhhhhhh... here's another one.... Last month, I traded a MLC Generations Waspinator and got NOTHING IN RETURN...some members I tell ya'...

FreedomGundam 03-03-2014 12:39 PM

When I sold off 90% of my Optimus Prime collection back in 2010, I totally regretted selling off my MIB Cyb Optimus Prime, MIB Cyb Galaxy Force Optimus Prime and loose-complete GF Galaxy Convoy. Fortunately, I managed to score a well-priced MIB Galaxy Convoy at TFCon 2011.

The other one I regret selling is an MIB Encore Megatron back in 2010 as well, but I don't think I'll bother hunting that one down again.

OLDMR 03-03-2014 12:46 PM

I kinda regret selling my art feather bumblebee to get grimlock but I am pretty sure i ll be glad I did when MP BB comes out

Jeem 03-03-2014 01:05 PM

I regret letting go of my Green Giant. It was really awesome figure

wedge1021 03-03-2014 01:10 PM

I haven't really sold many figures, but there are a lot of them I do regret BUYING.

Tekkamanraiden 03-03-2014 01:23 PM

I regret selling a Commemorative Series Starscream 11 years ago on ebay, might have been able to get more now.

As for the rest of my collection, when I sold it I kept the ones I really wanted so I have no major regrets.

wervenom 03-03-2014 01:23 PM

Albeit necessary at the time, MP Hasbro Grimlock, nuff said