Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Opposite Opinion! (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=25493)

Camaroman2 08-22-2010 01:07 PM

Opposite Opinion!

Have you ever been in the situation where you don't care for a figure, but everyone else is beating the crap out of each other to get one? I have. For me, it's Generations Drift. Everyone is in love with him, but I think his head is ugly and I don't much care for the character. I'm waiting for Blurr. I can, however, understand why everyone likes him (articulation, transformation). So, if you have experienced this, post your experience here.

brr-icy 08-22-2010 01:35 PM

Re: Opposite Opinion!

rotf leader prime, i despise that figure, even moreso after playing with it, frustrating, annoying transformation, looks cheap, talks too much, buster only gets rid of the cheap look.

(my favorite transformation is mp megs btw)

Nemesis Predaking 08-22-2010 01:48 PM

Universe Galvaltron. everyone hates him.
Despite his flaws I still like him.

sacha88 08-22-2010 01:57 PM

I feel the same way about Drift. I've gotten all of the rest of generations wave 1, but am waiting for Blurr. I prefer the look of Blurr, and also like him a lot as a character. I have no attachment to the character of Drift.

CETERUS PRIME 08-22-2010 02:19 PM

I'm only getting back into TF's since last year after a 20+ year vacation :o, but I'm starting to like this Generations line up more and more. So for me, it's been all of the Generations figures, until now :rolleyes: As if I haven't spent enough on these over the past year, now it's going to get even more costly !

shockwing 08-22-2010 02:26 PM

MASTER PEICE FIGURES. We all know MPs are expensive most of the time, but for a MP they should be build well, they have tooooo many flase for a well built figure ment for the collecters.
they do have intresting transformation that do the job, accurate color and design (exept for starscream) but to many gimmicks ment for the kids (grimlock turning tail-head gimmick, why?). but most is size accuracy.......I dont mind if a figure isnt the right size with the others (ofcourse but BumbleBee) but MP are so not accurate size wise, Grimlock is tiny compared to Prime, aslo starscream, I find to big compared to Megatron

also the Updated Cone heads seekers, I never liked them because of their stupid pointy head and every body loves and says "well enginered", his wings are in the way, too blocky to put a grip on, but if they had the ORIGINAL heads well thats when I well be ok (TFanimated seekers <3)

Robimus 08-22-2010 02:40 PM

All the time.

razin 08-22-2010 02:59 PM

For me I only collect characters based on the 84-86 cartoon for G1, for classics1.0/2.0/3.0 the characters again need to be based on the same era. So Drift for example does not fall into that category, whereas Blurr would, so I'll get him.
Also, the toy must be somewhat within scale of the cartoon. I would not purchase an Ultra class item when the orig G1 was a minibot, ie. Powerglide. I'm on the fence with Seaspray right now, cuz he's technically bayverse based so his scale is not supposed to be accurate to G1, yet his appearance is an awesome homage. Had he been dlx/legend size then he'd already be in my hands.

Generations WFC are a def yes, all of them, as they are a beautiful represention of G1 styling in cybertronian mode.

I've also recently fallen in love with Animated so I'm grabbing those bit by bit.

ChrisW 08-22-2010 03:00 PM

There are lots of popular figures I care nothing for: Animated Arcee, Movie Leader Starscream, Movie deluxe Lockdown, any recent Movie Bumblebee toy...

As for the flip side, I did just drive ~25 minutes out of my way to get a HFTD Jetblade. Don't think anyone was really desperate to get one.

Buhawi 08-22-2010 03:06 PM

the FP superion and bruticus add-ons. everyone loves them. i'd buy if FP makes the entire thing. but only as add-ons to existing fugly robots?

also i support and cheer for hftds on the shelves right now. all of you should buy them so hasbro can move on. see?