Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ruination/Wreckers sightings at all? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=50182)

RNSrobot 10-30-2013 12:12 AM

Ruination/Wreckers sightings at all?

I assume it would have been news, but have their been ANY sightings of the Wreckers/Ruination deluxes in Canada or the USA?

They're on BBTS. Not going to pay $100 for the five, but I would like to get them. We're already onto the Thrilling 30/IDW wave... are they even going to show up?

anyway. thanks

pandaprime 10-30-2013 12:26 AM

Re: Ruination/Wreckers sightings at all?

seen none around here. maybe at Winners next month if we're lucky?

QuadESL63 10-30-2013 12:33 AM

Never seen them in Toronto. I only want to get my hands on an Impactor and nothing else.

CBII 10-30-2013 12:36 AM

Best of my knowledge it was release once in the USA and it was limited.

Dragon Knight 10-30-2013 12:53 AM

I've only seen them at Silver Snail myself.

Matrix_Holder 10-30-2013 01:41 AM

I grabbed a full set at TFCON but other than that I have not seen them. I paid 80 cents above retail.

Robimus 10-30-2013 07:47 AM

They are available on the secondary market for sure. But I don't think you will get away with paying much less than $20 each for them.

That is within a dollar of what they would cost regular price at big box stores anyway.

Akroyer 10-30-2013 07:49 AM

Seen them only at a comic shop in Halifax once.

RNSrobot 10-30-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robimus (Post 543587)
They are available on the secondary market for sure. But I don't think you will get away with paying much less than $20 each for them.

That is within a dollar of what they would cost regular price at big box stores anyway.

I *might* be cool with $100 total. I don't want them enough to pay $100 US + shipping + customs... ah well I'll poke around.

Pandaprime: wouldn't surprise me, wouldn't be the first time an entire wave goes straight to discount retailers!

Deception 10-30-2013 02:17 PM

i thought ruination was supposed to be decepticons...when did that change?

Chajee 10-30-2013 02:21 PM

I picked up all of them at Silver Snail a while back. Was debating to get them because I thought they'd come to Walmart. Glad I got them when I did then.

Shockwave 75 10-30-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deception (Post 543636)

Ruination was Autobots turned into Decepticons. Basically this set of Wreckers is supposed to be the RiD Ruination team before crashing on Earth and then getting reformatted by Gigatron.

Rogue_Optimus 10-30-2013 02:58 PM

Seen them in the US, or at least parts of them. Haven't seen a full team in the wild as of yet

wedge1021 10-30-2013 11:07 PM

Maybe they won't get released in Canada.
I can see retailers passing on that wave, since it's a remold of an earlier combiner wave that didn't exactly fly off the shelves. They've all moved on to IDW waves now. It's possible they show up at discount stores a la last year's PRiD waves 3+, or maybe Hasbro Canada didn't even bother getting them up here. I got a set from the States just in case.

pside9 10-30-2013 11:39 PM

I've seen at least 4 of the five of them at The Toy Trove in St.Catharines. But they were almost $20 each.

brr-icy 10-30-2013 11:49 PM

100 for the five is pretty much ontario retail after taxes.

Undrave 10-31-2013 12:12 AM

I haven't even seen the original Bruticus wave! I just want a copy of the Blast Off and Vortex molds dangit. I don't care which versions.

GMfan 10-31-2013 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 (Post 543641)
Basically this set of Wreckers is supposed to be the RiD Ruination team before crashing on Earth and then getting reformatted by Gigatron.

Ummm. No. This was never officially stated anywhere.

These guys are aligned continuity.

Matrix_Holder 10-31-2013 02:09 AM

Yeah, I never heard that before anywhere. Hasbro just wanted to use the molds again and said " lets make them the wreckers". I have no Idea where you got the RID thing from.

vohkuhl 10-31-2013 02:43 AM

I managed to pick up 4 of the 5 while I was in the states months ago and still missing Whirl...

Would love to complete them.

Undrave 10-31-2013 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMfan (Post 543762)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder (Post 543763)
Yeah, I never heard that before anywhere. Hasbro just wanted to use the molds again and said " lets make them the wreckers". I have no Idea where you got the RID thing from.

It's just a fan theory, but I kind like the idea of the RID Commandos being originally that universe' Wreckers.

Shockwave 75 10-31-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMfan (Post 543762)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder (Post 543763)

Well this is what I've heard. It also makes sense since the Wreckers colour scheme matches the Hasbro RID Ruination figures.

Bruticus 10-31-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNSrobot (Post 543572)
I assume it would have been news, but have their been ANY sightings of the Wreckers/Ruination deluxes in Canada or the USA?

They're on BBTS. Not going to pay $100 for the five, but I would like to get them. We're already onto the Thrilling 30/IDW wave... are they even going to show up?

anyway. thanks

Unfortunately, Hasbro Canada decided to pass on them, for some reason. Unless you can find them at a local toy show, you'll have to order them and have them brought in,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deception (Post 543636)

He was and blame Hasbro. The reissue of the Bruticus molds into the wreckers was completely the idea of Hasbro and was never released by Takara. This would kinda explain it's exclusivity to the US.

chaingunsofdoom 10-31-2013 11:14 AM

They are all on HTS for $14.99 each...