Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers Customs and Artwork (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Repair Thread (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=4003)

GMfan 08-15-2008 01:04 AM

Re: Repair Thread

Mine does the same thing, just need to press alittle more on the blue plastic bracket on the cockpit portion and it stays in. Perfectly fine.

CerebralSin 08-26-2008 10:42 PM

I have this Batman figure, and while I was moving the arm around, the shoulder ball joint started to grind on the area where the chest and shoulder meet. So now there is a like a good scratch on it. Is there a cheap and easy way to get that area back to a smooth surface?

If anyone has fell into that problem please help.

http://img241.imageshack.us/my.php?i...sc00241ok4.jpg

dak 08-26-2008 11:10 PM

if you use some sort of filler, then paint it, it would work.

Bruticus82 09-13-2008 09:26 AM

Suggested glue to use on transformers...Loctite 409? Any suggestions on stores that carry it?

I have a sinnertwin whose robot mode head cracked, near the base. I took it apart and tried gluing it once with a superglue formulated for plastics. It seemed strong enough, unfortunately when I put it back in, reassembled it, and slid the head back into position (there's a screw behind there, so I can't reassemble it with the head straight) it broke off a second time.

I don't want this to become a comedy of errors where I keep gluing and it keeps breaking, I'm going to try this one more time tops before considering a replacement. Any other suggestions/things I should be aware of?

Autovolt 127 09-13-2008 09:57 AM

My Cyb.Galvatron wrist cuff ame off a long time ago anyoen know if i glue it in will i still be able to transform it?

Bruticus82 09-21-2008 12:44 PM

Okay, so let's try a different approach.

I've read that G1 sinnertwin suffers from a molding problem which causes too much pressure on the neck, that's why so many of them snap, and so many of them snap near the base of the joint.

Suggestions to go about fixing this? Could I sand down the chest where it butts up against the neck? Sand down the neck? I don't want to do anything which will leave my figure "ugly" but I like the idea of relieving the extra pressure on the joint. I'm completely out of my depth here and I don't even know where to start with the sanding/filing?

Halp plz? :-p

dak 09-21-2008 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autovolt 127 (Post 78159)
My Cyb.Galvatron wrist cuff ame off a long time ago anyoen know if i glue it in will i still be able to transform it?

don't think it will work as before, but if you have a strong glue, it might be worth a try. but i really don't think glue will fix it. it's prob best to replace the part.

Stoneclaw 10-14-2008 04:41 PM

My universe springer came, and one of his tail fins keeps comign off, im not sure how to fix it, it's on that 3 pronged axle, any ideas?

Icetron 10-31-2008 01:25 AM

My Voyager Movie Prime's right shoulder hinge is pretty floppy compared to the left one. Any way to fix it? Maybe the pin is loose or something? I'm not sure how to fix it if that's the case though.

dak 10-31-2008 09:34 AM

are you both able to provide some pictures?