Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   International Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Transformers Retro The Transformers: The Movie Hot Rod Official In-Hand Images (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=87093)

RansakWORK 11-24-2022 03:40 PM

Re: Transformers Retro The Transformers: The Movie Hot Rod Official In-Hand Images

Quote:

Originally Posted by delrue (Post 870049)

haha.. i know more then a few collectors who have to buy everything.. but when they get it.. it goes into a pile of boxes never to be touched again. Its a sickness!

Marcotron 11-24-2022 04:12 PM

Re: Transformers Retro The Transformers: The Movie Hot Rod Official In-Hand Images

Are the feet/toes diecast metal? They look silvery like they are diecast metal.
Also, the box art clearly shows him having knee joints, and the ability to lift his arm at the shoulder, so hopefully they've incorporated that into the mold...

Tiffster 11-24-2022 04:17 PM

I have the Original 1986, commerative release and recent WM so maybe if it goes on firesale. Totally fine if I never get it....screamy on the other hand...

RNSrobot 11-24-2022 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcotron (Post 870046)
Yes, this is exactly what will complete my collection... an oddly painted, mis-coloured fuschia.

?

It's explicitly intended to match the magenta that Hot Rod has in the movie and cartoon. His toys virtually never do the toon-accurate colors.

I would buy an SS86 version of Hot Rod in his pink in a hot second.

chaingunsofdoom 11-24-2022 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yonoid (Post 870050)

$47.97 was the initial PO price for HR and SS as per my PO details. I reordered him to save the $12.xx. Thanks for posting!

Black Spidey Boy 11-24-2022 10:52 PM

I wonder if Hasbro plan on doing future G1 reissues (like the previous Walmart ones) in these windowless boxes.

I don't mind it so much for the current mainline TF figures, but when it comes to G1 reissues (with retro G1 boxes), I find not being able to see the actual figure inside the package to be a real letdown.