Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mailing Accessories? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=78336)

Badgertron 12-05-2019 09:47 PM

Mailing Accessories?

Hey all,

Just wondering what everyone's experience is in selling & mailing accessories online? I'm about to sell a few on ebay and I'd like to mail them safely/not too expensively, in a way that they get to the buyer without breaking the bank.

Unless it's an envelope, ebay seems to think that the minimum cost for sending anything is around $10, and I've seen tiny bubble mailers at Canada Post. Is this what everyone uses? Most if the items I'll be selling range from a few mm to up to a cm in height.

Thanks for your input!

alternatorfan 12-06-2019 01:13 AM

Re: Mailing Accessories?

Yes bubble mailers are good small to large are good.
Used myself.

Tekkamanraiden 12-06-2019 07:14 AM

I've used bubble wrap envelopes before and they work well. Just a word of warning if it won't fit through a mail slot you'll have to pay for oversize which is almost the same as a small package.

I like to use a dvd case thickness to see if it will fit through a mail slot or not.

DCompose 12-06-2019 07:34 AM

Keep in mind the tracking number in all of this. While the cost to send the item via mailer is cheaper, if you don't have a tracking, then the buyer can claim non receipt and rip you off. But if you do charge a higher shipping (to get the tracking), you are almost always out priced by another seller (let's say in the US , selling to US) who is just charging $3 to ship a Bruticus Silver chest piece. On that note, I also need a Bruticus chest piece, if anyone has a spare one, I seem to have lost mine lol.

DanicusTF(cdn) 12-06-2019 11:16 AM

Also, be sure to post your eBay links so we can take advantage.

evenstaves 12-08-2019 10:47 AM

I too have wondered if there's an easier way to buy/exchange accessories online; shipping prices them right out of the water, considering how much I would buy/pay a single piece for

Like, how much would you buy a CW Streetwise-mold's shotgun for? If it's gonna cost me even ten bucks, that's half the price he retailed for, I can't swallow it

What I'm saying is, I would give lots of money to a CHUG parts-dealer at (say) TF-Con