Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   TFcon Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   TFcon Customization Classes - still room available (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=54273)

burgerhui 07-02-2014 11:49 PM

TFcon Customization Classes - still room available

Hey guys!

I'm thinking of attending TFcon for the first time this year and I'm most interested in the customization class. Just wondering how the classes run and if you guys can give me some feedback on them if you have attend previous years' classes. (Need to probably pay $100 for it with the weekend admission so wanted to make sure is worthwhile!)

Any comments and suggestions are welcomed!

Thanks!

zuffyprime 07-03-2014 12:15 AM

Re: TFcon Customization Classes

welcome to the boards man!
Great question

YES! YES! YES! TOTALLY WORTH IT!

I have attended TFcon for 12 years since it started in 2002, and last year was the first time that I attended the custom class.

I was totally blown away, it was absolutely worth it. I had always admired customizers but felt I didn't know enough to try it myself.

There are so many professional level talented customizers in our community - Chansformers, plowking, nemesis predaking, dak to name a few... all of these guys have been Top award winners for customizing at TFcon.

They were all there ever step of the way from paint removal, to brush techniques, to pin removal, unbuilding, rebuilding the figure etc...

Dak taught the class, and every one of these guys was so helpful and encouraging... it made the class a real pleasure!

All materials and the figure is provided.

Last year we turned First Edition BB into Alternators Depthcharge, complete with a new casted head created by DAK.

If you are one of the lucky ones who gets into the custom class it is definitely worth your while!

Just keep in mind it is a full day thing, because some things require paint to cure before other things... so you'll probably be in there for a good 6-8 hours ;)

Feel free to send me a pm if you have any other questions,
cheers

chroma23 07-03-2014 12:45 AM

ya, try it at least once just to get the feel of it and learn the basics of customizing

that is, IF you are interested in trying out customizing stuff

and yes like zuffyprime said, the class can drag for a long time, which may interfere with other events on the schedule, at least the ones that concern you. that's the only drawback i see with the class

General Tekno 07-04-2014 01:26 AM

I'll also recommend the customizing class - it's a fun way to kick off the con.

If you can, get into the Friday one, unless you don't mind losing your Sunday. First few years of the class it was Sunday only, but they added the Friday class last year... let me say it was pretty awesome to actually have the Sunday to do other stuff.

It's a fun way to spend a day though - between the table camaraderie and the rubbing alcohol fumes, you have a blast. It's become a pretty well-oiled machine, and dak, chansformers, Nemesis Predaking and Plowking are all great/helpful guys.

This year's custom looks pretty straightforward, too - last year had the tedium of removing a bunch of paint apps with rubbing alcohol (though the finished product was well worth the effort). Doing these got me interested in doing a few customs myself, and gave me some basic skills to get started.

Matrix_Holder 07-04-2014 03:54 AM

If you're lucky you might be able to work beside me at the cool table. It's a blast.

Croaker 07-05-2014 06:42 PM

I was at the table with Matrix_Holder and General Tekno last year and it was a blast! Can't wait for this year!

burgerhui 07-05-2014 06:52 PM

Sigh...i forgot to register yesterday....I guess I'll wait for next year :(

Super_Megatron 07-05-2014 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burgerhui (Post 585912)
Sigh...i forgot to register yesterday....I guess I'll wait for next year :(

There were still spots available, you can pay at the door.

burgerhui 07-05-2014 10:39 PM

Ohhhhh!! niceeee! I'll try to make it! If I do, see you guys then!

General Tekno 07-05-2014 11:32 PM

Hope you make it then!

The Friday class is a great way to kick off the con.