Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   TFcon Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   A question about costumes and TFcon (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=56399)

Arcee 11-08-2014 02:23 PM

A question about costumes and TFcon

Hello!
I have never been to TFcon before and am planning to attend TFcon Tronto 2015.
I was just wondering if it would be appropriate to wear a transformers-themed costume?
I have seen some stuff posted about TFcon and costumes but I'm not sure if that only applies to the one in Chicago, or to both of them.
I just don't want to show up in a costume if its more of a trade show kind of thing where people are just going to buy and sell, verses something like FanExpo or ComicCon.
Thank you in advance : )

UltraPrimal 11-08-2014 03:24 PM

Re: A question about costumes and TFcon

It is very appropriate to be in costume at TFcon. :) Encouraged is more like it. There are even some attendees who enjoy staying in costume for most of the convention. Although, that's really up to you.

TFcon isn't just a Transformers flea market. It is certainly a great place to show off your costume and meet other fans and guests. As well as participate in activities like panels, customizing class, costume contest, art contests, Faction Feud trivia game, bar night(18+), etc.

Only thing I would warn against is that, at least from what I've seen, most costumers usually stay outside the dealer room most of the time just because it can get pretty crowded in there sometimes. And you obviously don't want to potentially damage your costume with people bumping into you. Plus, ya know, you might be in other peoples way especially if you're in a big boxy costume.

Protoman 11-08-2014 11:04 PM

TFcon is a full on convention, not just a simple trade show/dealer room.

Past TFcons have had amazing and epic costumes of complex design to even the most simple of store bought cosplay. All is welcome and encouraged.

RageD 11-09-2014 02:24 AM

The kids always seem to dig all the costumes at the show.

chans formers 11-09-2014 01:31 PM

all costumes are always a welcomed sight at tfcon,just don't show up in a spandex bayverse optimus unitard/leotard clearly designed for a 3 foot tall 4 year old lolz:rofl:

Robimus 11-09-2014 02:09 PM

Don't judge me.

Arcee 11-10-2014 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltraPrimal (Post 609120)
It is very appropriate to be in costume at TFcon. :) Encouraged is more like it. There are even some attendees who enjoy staying in costume for most of the convention. Although, that's really up to you.

TFcon isn't just a Transformers flea market. It is certainly a great place to show off your costume and meet other fans and guests. As well as participate in activities like panels, customizing class, costume contest, art contests, Faction Feud trivia game, bar night(18+), etc.

Only thing I would warn against is that, at least from what I've seen, most costumers usually stay outside the dealer room most of the time just because it can get pretty crowded in there sometimes. And you obviously don't want to potentially damage your costume with people bumping into you. Plus, ya know, you might be in other peoples way especially if you're in a big boxy costume.

Ah wonderful, thank you so much for telling me! That all sounds like so much fun, I'm excited already : )
Good to know about the dealer's room. Even though my costume isn't going to be very big or bulky I will be sure to plan my visit to the dealer room when I'm not in costume.
Thank you again!

Arcee 11-10-2014 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Protoman (Post 609177)
TFcon is a full on convention, not just a simple trade show/dealer room.

Past TFcons have had amazing and epic costumes of complex design to even the most simple of store bought cosplay. All is welcome and encouraged.

That is great to hear! Some of the bigger transformers costumes can be a little intimidating to see, so I'm glad that the smaller costume I have in mind wont look so out of place if there is a variety of costumes :)

Arcee 11-10-2014 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chans formers (Post 609257)
all costumes are always a welcomed sight at tfcon,just don't show up in a spandex bayverse optimus unitard/leotard clearly designed for a 3 foot tall 4 year old lolz:rofl:

Haha I wasn't planning too! xD I think that would be a little awkward for everyone

Metroplex79 11-10-2014 12:50 PM