Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Metroplex conundrum (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=77491)

evenstaves 09-05-2019 08:44 AM

Metroplex conundrum

Thinking about picking up a Generations Metroplex

Which one is best in your opinion?

- Hasbro's Thrilling 30
- Takara's TG version
- Takara's LG version (just a reissue?)
- the SDCC version with the lil guys
- that Hong Kong version?

Your thoughts

bishop 09-05-2019 08:48 AM

Re: Metroplex conundrum

I am happy with the Hasbro version.

Quote:

Originally Posted by evenstaves (Post 795538)
Thinking about picking up a Generations Metroplex

Which one is best in your opinion?

- Hasbro's Thrilling 30
- Takara's TG version
- Takara's LG version (just a reissue?)
- the SDCC version with the lil guys
- that Hong Kong version?

Your thoughts

OldOfflineMan 09-05-2019 09:03 AM

Putting aside the fact that I can't afford the other versions, I prefer the Hasbro colour scheme over the silver face/red toes of the other versions.

If you like the chrome highlights, Reprolabels has a nice set for Hasbro Metroplex (they're usually half price during Black Friday/Boxing week).

I display him without weapons (young kids in the house), so I don't miss the second gun.

nuropa 09-05-2019 09:34 AM

I used a silver sharpie and give my Metroplex silver face, really easy to do if you prefer silver instead of white.

OldOfflineMan 09-05-2019 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuropa (Post 795544)
I used a silver sharpie and give my Metroplex silver face, really easy to do if you prefer silver instead of white.

That's awesome. I didn't know about the silver Sharpie. I'll use it to give the Combiner Wars car figures silver rims to match the United Warriors look :)

Zenith27 09-05-2019 12:59 PM

I bought the Takara re-issue since is was cheaper than getting a sealed Hasbro one. I seem to recall a selling point is that the Takara one comes with 2 guns rather than one.

EDIT: Also, the Canadian Hasbro release didn't have any voice playback, just the sound effects. Something to keep in mind.

General Tekno 09-05-2019 04:26 PM

I think Takara's looks nicest, myself.

That said if you get a Hasbro one it's super easy to paint the face. I'd get Reprolabels though if you got him.

python 09-05-2019 06:38 PM

I have a Takara and got it after selling my Hasbro. If I had the money I would get SDCC for the decoys

ngnaw 09-05-2019 08:55 PM

I have the ACG hong kong version! MIB! The price I got it for was a steal since they priced it lower than the Hasbro version. Mine has the english voice clips.

vjcheng 09-08-2019 03:06 PM

Which one of these is in your opinions the most G1 accurate? Still searching for one myself and I was leaning towards Takara for the second gun but now with Sixshot actually released, I'm not as gungho on that (WAIT)... actually can Siege Sixshot's legs fit in Metroplex's hands? scale wise? Can someone take a picture of this if they have both please? Thanks for any help!

evenstaves 09-08-2019 04:55 PM

Just read the following review:

http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=7161

Tons of pics, comparing the Hasbro, SDCC & Takara versions

Things are looking more and more like I might go Takara for this one, I'm a sucker for added paint apps, also two guns

Downsides are, Takara is the only one that doesn't have black ramps (kind of like them), and the chrome face seems excessive? Maybe will be better in person

Judging by tfwiki, the only difference between SDCC & the Hong Kong one, is the stickers (metallic VS glossy) and the bonus minifigs (red/purple Autobot/Decepticons, VS gold/silver)

OldOfflineMan 09-08-2019 05:27 PM

You guys are such high rollers. New Hasbro Metroplex is going for $400 these days. Can't imagine how much the other versions will cost.

evenstaves 09-08-2019 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldOfflineMan (Post 795837)
You guys are such high rollers. New Hasbro Metroplex is going for $400 these days. Can't imagine how much the other versions will cost.

I'm not saying it's easy, but I'm setting a goal

And Siege has a few more duds for me than previous lines, so saving money on that front is a touch easier

evenstaves 02-12-2020 09:44 AM

Scored an LG-EX Metroplex on Mandy for 15K yen

EMS shipping nearly doubled it, but wasn't comfy at thought of this big thing bouncing around SAL for a month (yes SAL was available as an option, to my surprise)

We'll see how it is when it arrives

Anyone have any experience with the DNA Design upgrades for Metro/FortMax? Wondering how the articulated fingers & ankle tilts are

wervenom 02-12-2020 01:51 PM

I bought the Takara one on clearance
. Was well worth it but pricey now

Collectingtoys 02-12-2020 03:08 PM

I think they are all very good, Metroplex is just awesome.

I purchased one from a fellow board member and it's still sitting in my storage locker 'cause I haven't made the real estate for it yet.

If you have the dollars, the ACG Hong Kong Exclusive version seems very cool. You only live once so why not aim for the most expensive one.

RNSrobot 02-12-2020 03:51 PM

Whichever one you find that isn't 3 bazillion dollars first!

FreakNasty 02-12-2020 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNSrobot (Post 805528)
Whichever one you find that isn't 3 bazillion dollars first!

:rofl:

Damn straight!

Crobot91 02-12-2020 04:21 PM

I agree, the takara version looks great. Happy to have him in my collection.

UsernamePrime 02-12-2020 06:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I went cheap and bought one with broken hands and is missing guns for $50. Basically used Fort Max hands and loaded him up with a couple of sixguns' to compensate.

Finding DNA upgrade hands or the 3rd party gun for this guy (at a decent price) is impossible it seems. If someone has a source or the aforementioned for sale then message me.

tz101 02-13-2020 01:27 PM

I have a mint hasbro one I would sell I still have the box too. im in the okanagan if anyone is interested

UsernamePrime 02-26-2020 07:48 PM

I bit the bullet and treated myself to an LG Metroplex for $400 as a birthday gift. My brother got me Grand Max, good birthday!

evenstaves 02-27-2020 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UsernamePrime (Post 806376)
I bit the bullet and treated myself to an LG Metroplex for $400 as a birthday gift. My brother got me Grand Max, good birthday!

Son of a gun, two titans for your birthday?

OldOfflineMan 02-27-2020 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evenstaves (Post 806407)
Son of a gun, two titans for your birthday?

I miss those days of high disposable income and little responsibility.

UsernamePrime 02-27-2020 06:23 PM

Yeah, good birthday. My brother is essentially thanking me for a few years of helping him out otherwise I prefer not receiving a gift on birthdays or holidays.

Im a commercial landlord who works from home, disposable income and free time is part of the career. Its a boring career but its mine.

OldOfflineMan 02-28-2020 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UsernamePrime (Post 806452)
Im a commercial landlord who works from home, disposable income and free time is part of the career. Its a boring career but its mine.

I'm envious of the "works from home, disposable income and free time" parts and mourn their departure from my life :D