Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Wanted Items (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Looking for Gobot's Cop-tur tail rotor blade (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=88118)

zackmak 09-09-2023 05:07 PM

Looking for Gobot's Cop-tur tail rotor blade

2 Attachment(s)
UPDATE: ACQUIRED

I have the figure, but looking for this accessory pictured. Thanks.!

zackmak 10-11-2023 12:59 AM

Re: Looking for Gobot's Cop-tur tail rotor blade

Bump

Sunburst 10-11-2023 12:57 PM

If you have the skills to do it, 3D printing would probably be your best bet. It's not the original part, but it makes for a nice replacement.

zackmak 10-11-2023 02:54 PM

Thanks for the response. I know that's growing in popularity. I prefer the original, but I would settle for the 3-D version if someone offered one...I don't have the printer or know-how. Plus, wouldn't I need the original to get the proper specs?

Sunburst 10-16-2023 07:32 AM

No problems! I definitely understand the preference for having the original parts. Since finding specific parts on older toys can be quite difficult, I figure it's preferable having a 3D printed replacement than nothing at all. Making a part that ends up fitting nicely gives this nice feeling of satisfaction. At least, that's what happened when I managed to make a replacement for the broken bumper of my gobot bug bite.

I would've offered to help with the part, but I don't have access to the tools now. If you go this route and need general advice though (such as for the specs), feel free to send me a PM!

In any case, good luck!

zackmak 10-21-2023 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunburst (Post 881201)
No problems! I definitely understand the preference for having the original parts. Since finding specific parts on older toys can be quite difficult, I figure it's preferable having a 3D printed replacement than nothing at all. Making a part that ends up fitting nicely gives this nice feeling of satisfaction. At least, that's what happened when I managed to make a replacement for the broken bumper of my gobot bug bite.

I would've offered to help with the part, but I don't have access to the tools now. If you go this route and need general advice though (such as for the specs), feel free to send me a PM!

In any case, good luck!

Thanks for the offer to help! You mentioned I can ask for advice on 'the specs'...does that mean you have the Cop-tur rotor part? If that is the case, PM when you have a minute, please. My library has a 3D machine, so maybe I can do it there.

Sunburst 10-22-2023 03:25 AM

Far from it! If you have the original figure and can find pictures online of it with the rotor, you can get a sense of scale and can start deducing dimensions.