Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Transformers Hunt for the Decepticons Voyager figure price Rollback at Wal-Mart (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=26793)

zuffyprime 10-20-2010 01:16 AM

Re: Transformers Hunt for the Decepticons Voyager figure price Rollback at Wal-Mart

I think u need a flyer to do a pricematch dont u?
i;ve never been able to do a pricematch with a receipt before at tru or walmart

RNSrobot 10-20-2010 04:36 AM

Re: Transformers Hunt for the Decepticons Voyager figure price Rollback at Wal-Mart

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goaliebot (Post 285073)
Generations Wave 2 has so far forsaken us K/W'ers!

-----

Now what are the chances of:

1) HFTD Voyager Wave 2 (Banzaitron, Battle Blades Prime) showing up at WalMarts during this rollback? AFAIK we've only seen that wave at TRUs to date.

2) Someone being able to buy a wave 1 HFTD Voyager for $16.86 at WalMart and using that receipt to get a pricematch from TRU on a wave 2 HFTD Voyager?

Depends on the WM. I've done price matches with just a receipt before.

You can... just go buy one sale toy from WM, the one you want from TRU, and return the unopened unwanted voyager to TRU the next day or so in place of the original TRU purchase. They're sold by class, not individual toy. A voyager SKU is a voyager SKU is a voyager SKU. You don't want to do it too often though or it'll look bad. I usually consider this too much work to do when eventually everything shelfwarms and gets put on sale. But the voyager rollback is pretty great.

chaingunsofdoom 10-21-2010 10:51 AM

There's a WM flyer with the $16.86 price in today's Herald, so PM away! :)

Goaliebot 10-21-2010 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom (Post 285623)
There's a WM flyer with the $16.86 price in today's Herald, so PM away! :)

You're right! This coming week's flyer has the Voyager and Powerbot rollbacks in it. PRICEMATCH TIME!!!!

(Runs off to spend week checking TRU for Prime and Zellers for Highbrow, WalMart flyer in hand)

PrimeCron 10-22-2010 08:45 AM

Picked up Sea Spray for $16.96 and Darkmount for $9.86. Very happy with the purchase...and feeling silly paying full price for Payload and Rachet went they were released...Oh well !!! Should off been patient...

Onslaught 10-24-2010 04:14 PM

I was lucky to find a single Sea Spray today. I ended up getting him and Payload (there were only 2) as well as Thrust (they didn't seem to have anything other than wave 1 of Generations). All on sale of course.

Jove 10-24-2010 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrimeCron (Post 285932)
Picked up Sea Spray for $16.96 and Darkmount for $9.86. Very happy with the purchase...and feeling silly paying full price for Payload and Rachet went they were released...Oh well !!! Should off been patient...

Patience is a virtue. BUT I know some were patient with the Skystalkers, and then ppbbt. No more of them.

Does that seem weird to anyone else?

Jove 10-24-2010 07:43 PM

Quote:

Generations Wave 2 has so far forsaken us K/W'ers!

It can't be just us, can it? But it definitely seems like we are the last area (of significant size) to get new waves (especially Generations). Although I might be wrong... (according to my wife, I often am anyway...)

Alexander Quinn 10-24-2010 10:31 PM

Quote:

Now what are the chances of:

1) HFTD Voyager Wave 2 (Banzaitron, Battle Blades Prime) showing up at WalMarts during this rollback? AFAIK we've only seen that wave at TRUs to date.

I've seen that wave at my local Superstore, but I'm not sure if they price match. Probably not, given their absurd pricing on Deluxes. :)

Ninjatron 10-25-2010 03:31 PM

Wal-Mart totally sold out of voyagers last week. I checked to see if they had restocked today, and they did... but only with more wave 1! I was upset. However I was able to grab a flyer and head over to TRU where they had just put out more wave 2. They price matched Optimus and Banzaitron for me. The only catch was that the TRU employee called Wal-Mart to see if they had stock. Luckily they did, having restocked today. It didn't matter that they didn't have these two I was after, as long as they still had voyagers. They didn't check the individual toys, just the size class. So it's thanks to this thread I was able to get what I wanted.

Sayonara.