Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New TOYS R US EXPRESS stores across Canada (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=27641)

Super_Megatron 11-27-2010 07:13 PM

New TOYS R US EXPRESS stores across Canada

1 Attachment(s)
ActionFigureNews.ca reports that ToysRus has opened a number of TOYS R US EXPRESS locations across Canada. While many of these locations are just open for the Christmas shopping rush, the more successful stores will remain open year round. Check out the list of stores on ActionFigureNews.ca and support the location in your area for an additional toy hunting destination. Since these stores carry smaller amounts of stock expect them to receive faster replenishes of newer action figures and collectibles as our favorite toy lines sell.

shockwing 11-27-2010 07:52 PM

Re: New TOYS R US EXPRESS stores across Canada

non around where I live, but luckly in Toronto

racerguy76 11-27-2010 08:29 PM

These places(TRUE) restock from the closest, larger TRU's locations.

Benzo 11-27-2010 08:56 PM

the one in Winnipeg shares a truck with one of our larger store.

SMOG 11-27-2010 09:25 PM

Boo. Nothing east of Ontario. Typical. :argh:

Robimus 11-27-2010 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racerguy76 (Post 295449)
These places(TRUE) restock from the closest, larger TRU's locations.

I found brand new product that wasn't on the shelves at the larger TRU stores in Winnipeg a couple weeks back.

Even if they are sharing inventory there obviously is still an oppurtunity to find new product if I could walk into the store and do so.

The idea put forth before that these stores only carry items that aren't selling well in the regular TRU stores(as was mentioned in a previous thread) is fiction.

racerguy76 11-27-2010 11:08 PM

No I didn't mean it only has stuff that isin't selling, just that from what I have seen is they stock the same waves as the largers stores. No doubt the first batch of waves they received was the newest stock available, but the larger stores(around here anyway) have the same waves as the express stores currently.

MarsEclipse 11-27-2010 11:23 PM

We have one in Waterloo, I have decided that it is useless. It opened with a box of deluxes, there was a $9 sale so i bought double of wave 1 generations.. they never got anything else in.

They feed off the larger stores which seems to mean they only get the newer stuff when the big store is tired of them.

Tekkamanraiden 11-28-2010 12:11 AM

Are these going to be permanent locations or are they just around for christmas?

Hobbyist Prime 11-28-2010 12:38 AM

Damn! I want the Brantford one to stay year round but they keep restocking old crap that will never sell and they won't get the proper numbers to decide if it stays or not!