Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hasbro 20th anniversary Prime (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=17390)

0taku 07-22-2009 01:05 PM

Hasbro 20th anniversary Prime

so I was @ a hobby store and they happened to have the 20th anniversary Prime there for 99.99, no box Axe and gum was there not sure about the matrix. Should I get it or shouldn't I.

Autobot Hound 07-22-2009 01:13 PM

Re: Hasbro 20th anniversary Prime

by 20th anny Prime do you mean the older Hasbro MP Prime? If so i say no! Not for that price. You might as well pitch in a bit more and get a MISB Takara MP Prime!

http://tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:...thboxfront.jpg

Cause that's just way overpriced for a loose MP Prime.

brr-icy 07-22-2009 01:27 PM

too much, especially incomplete, get the takara version from ebay, or wait until later this year and get MP-04 when it is reissiued, hasbro one isn't worth it

Mighty_Galvatron 07-22-2009 01:34 PM

Yeah its too bad that the item is not complete or sealed. The price is too steep for an incomplete figure - a reissue one at that. I would also say "no" to this.

You should be able to get a sealed one off ebay. And the Takara version is the one to look for (I did not know Hasbro put out a 20th). Eww.

Complete, it is an awesome package and deal. I am a fan of the blue tinted windows on Prime's truck - I prefer them to the original scheme. The matrix, ActionMaster, and Mouse Pad (which I still use) are all really great bonuses for Prime too.

TheLogicalProwl 07-22-2009 01:39 PM

Let me put it this way - TRU has the 20th anniversary Prime on clearance for $49.99. I am waiting for them to knock it down by another $20 before I buy.

I agree with everyone else, and I am licking my chops waiting for the re-release of MP-4.

0taku 07-22-2009 01:39 PM

thanks for the great advise guys, i'll keep looking for the Takara one..

CTO15 07-22-2009 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLogicalProwl (Post 156170)
Let me put it this way - TRU has the 20th anniversary Prime on clearance for $49.99. I am waiting for them to knock it down by another $20 before I buy.

I agree with everyone else, and I am licking my chops waiting for the re-release of MP-4.

Are you sure your not thinking of the 25th anniversary edition?

TheLogicalProwl 07-22-2009 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTO15 (Post 156174)
Are you sure your not thinking of the 25th anniversary edition?

I am - I realized it almost as soon as I posted. D'oh.

Sun Swipe Prime 07-22-2009 02:26 PM

I'm going to go against the grain here a bit, but I would say check if it's complete first. If it is and there's no damage etc. I'd say buy it, if that's the price point you want to deal with. I just checked and there is a 20th prime MISB on ebay right now that's around $96 dollars american shipped. That's the cheapest price I've seen for bit. The prices look good on ebay until you take into account the darn shipping which is usually another 20-30 bucks.

Now, if you're willing to spend a few more bucks, I would definitely get the Takara version. No neutered smoke stacks etc. But that can run you another $50 -$150 depending on if you want the trailer or not.

But do some shopping around to see what MISB prices are like on ebay or on the sponsors sites on the right. I shopped around for 2yrs before I broke and got MP4-Convoy. But it was definitely worth the wait.

0taku 07-22-2009 02:44 PM

Sun Swipe Prime - yeah i was thinking of just getting that one and buing the trailer seperately at the time but i heard that there is a slight quality difference between the 2. I think i'll bit the bullet and get the mp-04 version atleast i get the trailer with it too. Most places i've seen the lowest price with shipping is 250.00 USD but i'll continue to look around. I also heard there will be a reissue around october 2009, just in time for my wedding anniversary.... maybe the wife will get it for me.. haa haa