Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers Customs and Artwork (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Repaints & Minor Mods anyone getting the headrobots butcher kit and planning on doing work on onslaught (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=34917)

bedtime 09-22-2011 01:03 AM

anyone getting the headrobots butcher kit and planning on doing work on onslaught

so after doing some minor paint removal/applying to the mold for the stronghold kit, i figured i'd do something similar for the butcher kit thats coming out... the only thing i can really think of is to paint a lot of the parts that are silver or green black... maybe a bit of red and silver too if i spot anything that'd look good with it...

anyone else think of this or am i alone here?

Cheers Ian 09-22-2011 08:24 AM

Re: anyone getting the headrobots butcher kit and planning on doing work on onslaught

Kaboom!

Done!

Mumps 09-22-2011 10:32 AM

Re: anyone getting the headrobots butcher kit and planning on doing work on onslaught

I will be painting my extra Onslaught for his new Butcher head. I just don't know wht colours I want to use yet. So far, all I know that I want is a darker colour scheme.

bedtime 09-22-2011 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mumps (Post 375147)
I will be painting my extra Onslaught for his new Butcher head. I just don't know wht colours I want to use yet. So far, all I know that I want is a darker colour scheme.

yeah this is my overall outlook too... mostly blacks i think. i already have some black and silver paint, so i'll probably mostly use that. may have to pick up some red if i'm feeling it needs it.

Mumps 09-22-2011 12:44 PM

I am thinking of using Gunmetal for the metalic parts, giving home some blacks and reds, and some purple here and there. I really want to distingush Butcher from Onslaught

bedtime 10-24-2011 12:19 AM

welp! i did some work on my extra onslaught. the one i got off a kijiji guy (mailed it to me) was missing the shield and one of the inner leg guard thingies, sadly, but this is what i've done so far:

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/j...nd/butcher.jpg

i dont think i'm necessarily going to stop here.... i definitely want to paint the groove going down the forearms red, just need to get a proper brush for that... also need to figure out what i want to do to cover the SWAT on the legs...

UltraPrimal 10-24-2011 12:39 AM

Whoa! That's pretty sick. Love the black, red, and grey color scheme. And that Decepticon logo looks especially wicked. How'd you pull that off? Sticker?

It may not say Onslaught, but it's still pretty cool.

Sun Swipe Prime 10-24-2011 01:29 AM

Nice choices, it looks really good... if you want to color the grove you might want to google up paint washes and see if that's something you'd like to try. I've never done it myself, but it's supposed to get paint into those groove like details and make it look good. Here's a link I found on it http://www.scalemodelguide.com/guide.../paint-washes/

A small observation. Do you think maybe the black areas need a little silver to balance the big silver patches on the shoulders? Just a thought. Look forward to seeing the finished results.

brr-icy 10-24-2011 02:30 AM

washes work well for that sort of thing, i have a bunch of different coloured ones around here,

bedtime 10-24-2011 09:31 AM

hey thanks guys!

firstly yeah thats just a sticker... if you spend $20 at reprolabels they give you a clear set like that free!

and i heard a similar method to the wash last time i was buying paints at the hobby shop... there was a guy there looking for stuff to paint some gundam thing and i was looking for a gundam marker and he told me a lot of the gundam guys mix black paint with some kind of specific tamiya paint thinner and just pour a tiny amount into the grooves and let it work its way down or whatever... i like the sound of that but i dont think i trust myself to pull it off correctly. i am DEFINITELY a super rookie to the painting thing and i'm not really looking to bite off more than i can chew yet. i have fun with this and if what i do doesnt make it look crappy i'm pretty happy haha