Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers Customs and Artwork (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Repaints & Minor Mods 2012 TFCon Charity Project (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=37318)

obakemono 01-01-2012 04:10 AM

Re: 2012 TFCon Charity Project

Hmmm... Classics. That's gonna make things tougher. I had half a dozen movie verse picked out. Meh I'll figure it out.

If I can modify a movie verse earth mode so that the bot mode looks "classic/beast wars" would that be acceptable?

General Tekno 01-01-2012 04:29 AM

If there's still room to get in, I'd love to. I have ideas for both Scorponok and Tarantulas potentially as far as what figures to use.

I lack experience, but having a goal would definitely give me some incentive to get something done.

Malwave 01-01-2012 05:31 AM

yay, I got Megatron!

since there isn't a wants thread...might need a Universe Galvatron, and one of those Cybertron dino-megatrons :P

strag 01-01-2012 07:37 AM

If you're still looking for more I would totally love to do Tarantulas.

Stapler 01-01-2012 01:11 PM

Aw yeah! I'm working on Rattrap! I have the perfect mold in mind for him (one of my picks for best of 2011). :D

@General Techno:That's the spirit! Having a deadline and good cause to work towards really helps encourage you to go above and beyond. You'll do great and I can't wait to see what you come up with. :)

@Racerguy: I know what you mean, bud. I find that I grow kinda attached to the characters I work on for these projects. :)

Cliffjumper69 01-01-2012 01:49 PM

I'm using Perceptor for Rhinox :D

Stapler 01-01-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cliffjumper69 (Post 398452)
I'm using Perceptor for Rhinox :D

Oh nice choice, Cliff! I was wondering what could work for him outside of a bulldozer.

I'm using the DOTM Tailpipe mold for Rattrap. I know that it's a movie mold, but it really doesn't look like it. It already looks like a perfect mesh of the original and BotCon toys. :)

obakemono 01-01-2012 03:03 PM

^nice.

Ok as we're apparently not keeping the doner bots a secret, I figure I better share so that I don't have a cheetor or something made of the same mold.

Making a Tarantulas out of a wreckgar. TM colors.

Was thinking of using a ROTF sideswipe but that's movieverse.

Should be fun. Any tips on making custom heads?

Stapler 01-01-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by obakemono (Post 398468)
Any tips on making custom heads?

I never made custom heads from scratch (by molding or modeling), myself, but sometimes all you need is the head from another figure and shave some pieces off or add some parts. :)

chans formers 01-01-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stapler (Post 398478)
sometimes all you need is the head from another figure and shave some pieces off or add some parts. :)

^this!;) green putty also works well.

also,i kinda want to step back and let some new talents shine and participate in this one.in the end,if not all spots are filled then i'd be willing to help out,but i'd honestly prefer if some other guys were able to dip their toes into doing something fun and for a good cause.
daniel,you have mail;)