Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Optimus Prime Combiners - Armada and R.I.D worth it? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=67449)

burgerhui 02-17-2017 01:45 AM

Optimus Prime Combiners - Armada and R.I.D worth it?

Hi Guys!

I'm planning to expand my Optimus collection and I'm debating if I should get the following figures. Wondering if you guys can help me out in giving me your opinion:

For Armada, should I get Jetfire and Overload with :primelaugh:?

For R.I.D, should I grab Ultra Magnus with :primelaugh:

I'm not sure how good of a figure they are when combined so wanted to get some of your opinion! I think the Armada and R.I.D optimus by themselves are already awesome figures but just wanted to see if I should spend the extra cash to get their combiner counterparts...let me know your opinion! Thanks!

RNSrobot 02-17-2017 03:13 AM

Re: Optimus Prime Combiners - Armada and R.I.D worth it?

You absolute should get the RID pair. Prime is a great toy all on his own, and he's HUGE combined with Magnus.

Roadhammer 02-17-2017 04:21 AM

I'm going to second the RID pair; never had either of those figures myself, but I've heard nothing but good things; I still hold out hope of one day getting an RID Prime for myself.

As for Armada...eeeh, maybe not? I've heard bad things about the Optimus toy; Armada blockiness notwithstanding, I've heard the electronics can be prone to shorting out and sparking. Maybe not a good idea?

SleeplessKnight 02-17-2017 05:03 AM

RID Prime and Magnus? Yay - because they're awesome

Armada brick Prime? Nay - because brick. Better to get Armada Bendy Prime which is a superior figure and not bother with the combining gimmick of the brick.

optimusb39 02-17-2017 07:01 AM

Rid prime/magnus is a great figure. And it would Actually look quite good on the mp shelf nezt to the likes of victory saber and carnifex

justprime 02-17-2017 08:01 AM

If your going all out on these the Japanese rid gift set is in translucent plastic plus the god sword....impressive when combined as for armada prime I have had no problems with the electronic functions having both I prefer the Japanese colors and paint apps and there is also the gift set that includes overload.

Pascal 02-17-2017 08:30 AM

The Armada trio is really fun, the autotransform feature of the trailer is cool to watch. I got The Japanese version of Jetfire (looks better) and Energon Ultra Magnus to go with Optimus. Never liked Parkinson Prime, gimmick is stupid and the toy is boring to death.

Do get RID Ultra Magnus.

Clutchburn 02-17-2017 09:02 AM

The Armada Trio is a sight to behold when fully combined, if you find one, get it.

JLvatron 02-18-2017 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SleeplessKnight (Post 722758)
Armada brick Prime? Nay - because brick. Better to get Armada Bendy Prime which is a superior figure and not bother with the combining gimmick of the brick.

This.

As for RID, Omega Prime is 1 of the most parts-formery combiners. You may be disappointed if you have principles against such.

BoNKerS 02-18-2017 10:19 AM

RID Prime is one of my fav primes. Combined mode looks fantastic.