Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers Video Reviews (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Quintesson Judge Update - Attaching the Faces Review (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=80947)

GotBot 10-05-2020 04:54 PM

Quintesson Judge Update - Attaching the Faces Review

This is just a quick tutorial/explanation of how I attach the ER Quintesson Judge's faces. I also explain 2 other methods. It you have struggled or it has taken a long time, it really shouldn't. I hope this helps some folks who have been asking be about how I do it since* the judge's review last week.

https://youtu.be/FJ5d2ByKnZY

Malechai 10-05-2020 06:38 PM

Re: Quintesson Judge Update - Attaching the Faces Review

I legit tried the 1st method you described/showed for about 20 minutes with no success. I ended up having to shave off a tiny amount of the back side of the front hook peg and that made it snap in and lock.

RNSrobot 10-05-2020 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malechai (Post 819838)
I legit tried the 1st method you described and showed for about 20 minutes with no success. I could get the top hook peg in but the back peg would not snap in. I ended up having to shave off a tiny amount of the back side of the back peg and that made it snap in and lock.

One went in easy for me, and I was getting ready to resort to that for the other ... Will see if my pit Quint is any better/worse :primelaugh:

Malechai 10-05-2020 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNSrobot (Post 819839)
One went in easy for me, and I was getting ready to resort to that for the other ... Will see if my pit Quint is any better/worse :primelaugh:

for what its worth, mine is the pit Quint. it came installed but when I lifted the red face to transform, it popped off. I don't think it was locked on properly because of the tolerance issue. The slight shave to get it back on has it on there good now.

GotBot 10-06-2020 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malechai (Post 819838)
I legit tried the 1st method you described/showed for about 20 minutes with no success. I ended up having to shave off a tiny amount of the back side of the front hook peg and that made it snap in and lock.

That Rage/ Anger/ Wrath face is a beast,lol.

GotBot 10-06-2020 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malechai (Post 819841)
for what its worth, mine is the pit Quint. it came installed but when I lifted the red face to transform, it popped off. I don't think it was locked on properly because of the tolerance issue. The slight shave to get it back on has it on there good now.

I wondered about that. I have yet to have to shave. The first method has been working for me..so far. I own 2 and the pit with be my third so then I'm done but SOOOOO many asked about it I thought I'd try to help those struggling with a few options to try.

Malechai 10-06-2020 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GotBot (Post 819909)
I wondered about that. I have yet to have to shave. The first method has been working for me..so far. I own 2 and the pit with be my third so then I'm done but SOOOOO many asked about it I thought I'd try to help those struggling with a few options to try.

ty for making the video! its very worth it because it definitely isn't necessarily clear.

Autobotz24 10-06-2020 06:09 PM

I tried all three methods in your video and the only one that worked for me was sanding down the tab a bit

GotBot 10-07-2020 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autobotz24 (Post 819922)
I tried all three methods in your video and the only one that worked for me was sanding down the tab a bit

At least one worked. For me, the first method has worked three times so far for me. Luck, maybe?

CobraCommander 10-07-2020 03:09 PM

Yea, it took me a good 1hr before I could get both faces on, I think what I did wrong is I put the first face on the wrong side, once I switched places they both snapped on nice and tight.