Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers Feedback and Reviews (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Quick Thoughts On MP Sunstreaker (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=71408)

Gatchatron 01-20-2018 09:01 PM

Quick Thoughts On MP Sunstreaker

- Sweet Baby Jesus... that transformation actually hurt (seriously, my neck is all pinched up)

- I understand now why he was a tad pricey

- I'm glad he looks awesome in robot mode - 'cause he ain't ever goin' back to Lambo mode (even though it, too, looks fantatstic)

- Super glad I caved and got 'im*

(*) Nod to TFTOYS.CA - my first purchase experience with them and it went smooth as butter.

optimusb39 01-21-2018 09:41 AM

Re: Quick Thoughts On MP Sunstreaker

Inspired by badcube. Designed by an ex-generation toy designer and sponsored by the creators of Rubik cube... that pretty much sums up the transformation for me.
Aside from the changeable car mode gimmick I really don't see a while.lotta difference from bc sunsurge. So I will gladly take that guy off somebody who wants to replace him with the official... ;)

Mega Truck 01-21-2018 10:18 AM

I got your old badcube sunstreaker, and he's mine forever !

optimusb39 01-21-2018 01:18 PM

Mega truck- he really is a nice figure isnt he?

Mega Truck 01-21-2018 03:39 PM

Oh yeah. I see no reason to get the new release. It's a pointless upgrade. But some guys are into that... Whatever makes you happy. They're all unnecessary purchases regardless :P

Sun Swipe Prime 01-21-2018 05:00 PM

I don't know, I didn't find I had/have much trouble with the transformation. I just followed along with a video, the first time, and it's all cool now.

Personally, I found transforming evasion mode Optimus more of a pain. But meh, every one's got their thing.

Seeing the robot mode in person, made me glad I didn't cave on Sunsurge. That bot was good, but wasn't quite accurate enough for me.

Msol 01-21-2018 05:11 PM

I think he’s great — way better looking than Sunsurge. I’ve got Spinout too so I’m pretty happy with the pair.

Dangard Ace 02-02-2018 10:37 PM

I've BC, Omnigonix and the Official. Transformation-wise it's not bad. There's worse. Bot-mode...it's gonna replace BC on my MP shelf. Sunsurge isn't going anywhere it's still a nice bot and it's got missiles. Gonna have him on my work desk or something.
Omnigonix SO...back in the box. It might be toy-centric and a good match for MP Sideswipe but it's gappy as hell, wheels fall off and that mek-a-neck transformation suck.

OptimusB38 02-03-2018 08:24 AM

BC for me ...for now