Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Devastator reissue plastic (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=73607)

cr3d1t 08-23-2018 08:49 PM

Devastator reissue plastic

3 Attachment(s)
I got a Walmart G1 Devastator on Monday. When I opened it up, I found that the plastic colors looked off. I seem to remember the green being brighter and the plastic a bit harder. There are also some parts on each Constructicon that are in a different green. It's duller and yellower. Maybe it's because I haven't seen an original set in a long time, but it looks off to me.

I've attached photos to show what I mean.

Zenith27 08-23-2018 09:00 PM

Re: Devastator reissue plastic

My brother had G1 Scrapper and I always remember his canopy being kinda off even when new.

I believe someone in a Youtube review stated that indeed the originals were a different, very shiny plastic but I'd have to go to my parents place to confirm. They speculated the newer, softer plastic may be less prone to cracking if dropped or stressed. Sounds reasonable.

cr3d1t 08-23-2018 09:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
On the plus side, I feel that the parts have a stiffness and a snappiness that the originals didn't have. Maybe it was part of earlier reissues but Hook has an extra tab to hold more securely when folded in Devastator mode.

B13 08-23-2018 09:36 PM

I bought one set, just for fun, and am getting it delivered tomorrow. I will definitely wait for the reviews before opening it up! Shall it not meet my expectations, I will return it. I'll keep it MISB to ensure that another buyer can get a minty fresh one.

Pascal 08-24-2018 10:13 AM

I saw a video the other showing all the differences between the original and the reissues, they all have slight differences, including coloring.

B13 08-24-2018 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 770030)
I saw a video the other showing all the differences between the original and the reissues, they all have slight differences, including coloring.

Link to the video, please?

The picture of the figures, in alt mode, on the back side on the box, top right corner, for sure shows the colors as being the same as on cr3d1t's pictures!

I received my package, and I don't see such a dramatic difference in colors... Good for me, I guess!

I can't see a big difference in this review neither.

Hey cr3d1t, could you notice the color difference, when looking through the box' windows?

Pascal 08-24-2018 03:35 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaqCoY9ap6U

Actually G1 vs Encore. I think the new reissue is different in coloring from the previous 2.

B13 08-24-2018 06:59 PM

I asked for more input! ;)

cr3d1t 08-24-2018 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B13

Hey cr3d1t, could you notice the color difference, when looking through the box' windows?

I didn't even think about it when I bought it. I just saw the box, went OOH DEVASTATOR and bought it without looking.

It doesn't bother me that much, it's just something I noticed and wondered if I was going crazy. But the difference in plastic colors is big enough to be a little disappointing.

cr3d1t 08-24-2018 07:55 PM

After checking the video and comparison galleries, the Reissue is definitely using Encore molds. Hook and Bonecrusher have each an extra tab and hook is the slot-less version. Scavenger's right foot easily pops out if you pull on it. The left one is secure.

In combined mode Devastator does lean forward but it's more because Mixmaster and Scrapper aren't even. Scrapper's shovel goes up too high so he applies more weight on mixmaster's cab and leans more. Adjusting the shovel fixes his posture but that'll work only as long as the plastic friction lasts. Maybe stick something underneath to keep it level.

From the video, I don't have the problem with Devastator's head piece being crooked when connected to Long Haul.