Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Wanted Items (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Maketoys in Canada? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=81381)

Marcotron 11-27-2020 03:14 PM

Maketoys in Canada?

Does anyone know where I can find a Make Toys - MTRM-08 Despotron for not huge prices in Canada?
Also, maybe Maketoys Quantron.

I remember seeing them at TFcon for around $100 for Despotron and about $130 for Quantron.

Right now, TFSource has their Black friday sale on Despotron for 58 USD, but with shipping and money conversion, it's going to end up being about a hundred bucks. If I can find it locally in Canada, it might be cheaper, and probably easier than shipping a gun shaped toy across the border.

I just like the look and transformation of Despotron over the Takara Masterpiece version.

Anyways, anyone with info, pm me please.

PrimeCron 11-27-2020 03:38 PM

Re: Maketoys in Canada?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcotron (Post 824806)
Does anyone know where I can find a Make Toys - MTRM-08 Despotron for not huge prices in Canada?

I remember seeing them at TFcon for around $100 for Despotron and about $130 for Quantron.

Right now, TFSource has their Black friday sale on Despotron for 58 USD, but with shipping and money conversion, it's going to end up being about a hundred bucks. If I can find it locally in Canada, it might be cheaper, and probably easier than shipping a gun shaped toy across the border.

I just like the look and transformation of Despotron over the Takara Masterpiece version.

I remember the Maketoys Despotron selling at $100cad however it was a US eretailer selling to offload their stock - long story behind.

I never seen a Maketoys Quantron for $130.00cad - if I would have seen that I would have definitely grabbed one for sure.

Marcotron 11-27-2020 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrimeCron (Post 824809)
I remember the Maketoys Despotron selling at $100cad however it was a US eretailer selling to offload their stock - long story behind.

I never seen a Maketoys Quantron for $130.00cad - if I would have seen that I would have definitely grabbed one for sure.

Ya, I might be wrong remembering the price of Quantron, but I remember it being stupid cheap one time at a convention, I was just quite poor that year. Not that I'm any richer now, just wanting stuff. I never bothered with the hasbro Computron, cuz it was just a repaint/remold of other combiner wars figures.

Despotron was on clearance at TFcon I think by The Chosen Prime a couple of years ago for like $120ish.

wervenom 11-27-2020 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcotron (Post 824806)

You're better to just buy it from there. $100 isn't that bad

xueyue2 11-27-2020 04:57 PM

Make Toys - MTRM-08 Despotron worth $100 for sure, maybe $100 USD.

optimusb39 11-27-2020 07:24 PM

Rubadubspawn amd devonman has despotron. A bit more than your looking for but available. Its a great figure and my choice for mp megatron

Sun Swipe Prime 11-27-2020 09:51 PM

Kool Toyz has quantron in their Black Friday sale, but not even close to $130. Personally, I've never seen him that cheap. That's over 60% off.

https://www.kooltoyz.ca/bfdeals.html

Ordering from the states can be tricky now. Expect to pay at least double the US price after shipping and conversion. I wanted to buy a $20 item from BBTS. The shipping was $27 US. And gosh forbid getting hit with customs.

Marcotron 11-27-2020 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime (Post 824838)
Kool Toyz has quantron in their Black Friday sale, but not even close to $130. Personally, I've never seen him that cheap. That's over 60% off.

https://www.kooltoyz.ca/bfdeals.html

Thanks, i did see that. Unlike many of you hardcore collectors, i can't fathom spending 300 dollars or more on any single figure. Quantron is good, but maybe some other company will take a stab at Computron. I can wait.