Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   TFcon Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   TFCon Custom Contest 2011 (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=32750)

Robimus 07-03-2011 09:24 PM

TFCon Custom Contest 2011

I've been looking around and don't see a thread for this. This can be a general I'm participating/what do I do/what are the rules/this is awesome type place.:clapping:

I'm personally just putting the finishing touches on my entry and have a couple questions.

Should we take pictures in advance of the Alt Mode/Robot Mode for the display table?

Can one show off their work online before the convention or is that somesort of rule violation?

Anyway I'm in for sure and what I've managed to create is probably the best thing I've done so far. It certainly screams Robimus anyway, lol.

Those who know me a little will see what I mean at TFCon.:primelaugh:

Nemesis Predaking 07-03-2011 09:37 PM

Re: TFCon Custom Contest 2011

The rules can be found here
As for taking pics for the display table. I've done it in the past, as have others. Personally I think some pieces need extra pics, others not so much. It's really up to you.
I've never known of any rule that says you can't show you work off before the con (that just a Botcon thing). In fact, I've always shown my work before the con. Some (like Otis) hold off til the show.
Again it's really up to you.

Robimus 07-03-2011 10:26 PM

Yeah the rules description on TFCon.ca is pretty barebones.

I read it before I made this thread, it provides the basics but thanks for clarifying a couple of additional points.

To me the pictures are almost a must if folks are to see the alternate molds. I assume the masses aren't allowed to be touchy, feelly with the entries.:)

Nemesis Predaking 07-03-2011 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robimus (Post 351334)
Yeah the rules description on TFCon.ca is pretty barebones.

I read it before I made this thread, it provides the basics but thanks for clarifying a couple of additional points.

To me the pictures are almost a must if folks are to see the alternate molds. I assume the masses aren't allowed to be touchy, feelly with the entries.:)

I think a barebone approach to the rules allows for people to be more creative. Unlike Botcon with size restrictions & the whole "Diorama" thing.
It's what sets TFCon's contest apart from the others & IMO is the better contest. But then again I'm bias. lol

There not suppose too, plus someone on staff is normally always watching the table.

CyberMnky 07-03-2011 11:07 PM

You're not supposed to touch them no, and like NP said - someone is always watching the table. But YOU can stop by and transform it yourself periodically if you wish

Robimus 07-04-2011 12:42 AM

I'm curious, how many entries have there been in past years?

TwinTwistR 07-04-2011 01:36 AM

Last year there were aprox. 15 entries for the 3d contest. For a look at last year's entries see posts 3 and 8 here:

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=24558

Because the public are not supposed to be touching the figures they loved it when entries had photos of alt modes, different stages of transformation, different angles, etc. Plus it was something for wandering hands to touch instead of the figures.

Robimus 07-04-2011 01:40 AM

So I'll have a shot at the top 20 then, if there aren't too many more entries :p

chans formers 07-05-2011 08:54 PM

^it'll be cool to finally meet yah:highfive:

but yeah,depending on your bot,pics do help show other modes.
the only exception i think would be if you did some kind of actionmaster type bot where there isn't another mode.

in the past i've used a 8x11 home printed piece of paper with alternate modes pictured on it,but i've seen others which were a foot and a half by 2 and a half feet big. i guess the key would be to keep it within reason,if your bot is scout classed,you probably shouldn't have pics that take up half a table;)

and like others previously have said....."no touchy feely",unless it's your bot/custom.

be warned though,from what i can tell from the net,here and tfw,this year's shaping up to be killer!!!!!!:canada:

jourdo 07-05-2011 09:22 PM

I thought there was a rule about mugging chans when he got off the plane this year... or was that supposed to be a secret?

I need to get me arse in gear and see if I can get this done in time.