Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hasbro Toy Shop - SIEGE Deluxes (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=74719)

theoneyouknowleast 12-04-2018 01:52 PM

Hasbro Toy Shop - SIEGE Deluxes

Found this info on Reddit.

Just got myself a set of deluxes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/transformer...ef_source=link

Worked out to $57 CAD for 5 Deluxes and im using https://www.crossborderpickups.ca/ to broker the package to canada, and they have local pickup in Mississauga.

andersox 12-04-2018 01:56 PM

Re: Hasbro Toy Shop - SIEGE Deluxes

battle masters already sold out :(
really just looking for them and the weaponizers for this line.
Thanks for the heads up thought!

OldOfflineMan 12-04-2018 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theoneyouknowleast (Post 776292)
Worked out to $57 CAD for 5 Deluxes and im using https://www.crossborderpickups.ca/ to broker the package to canada, and they have local pickup in Mississauga.

So how much is it all in after customs and the cross border services?

andersox 12-04-2018 02:04 PM

Quote:

used the allnew code and it made my shipping to canada free!

theoneyouknowleast 12-04-2018 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andersox (Post 776298)
used the allnew code and it made my shipping to canada free!

Looks like I'll have to redo my order direct to Canada.

So rare free shipping applies to Canada, that I forgot to check.

throllen 12-04-2018 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theoneyouknowleast (Post 776302)
Looks like I'll have to redo my order direct to Canada.

So rare free shipping applies to Canada, that I forgot to check.

I know... its better to order everything on there too. You will save tons compared to buying them in Canada.

TheSwipe95 12-04-2018 02:19 PM

Quote:

When they broker, can they then ship to your address? Or does it have to be picked up instead? Cuz I am not taking a trip over to Ontario just to grab a parcel.

andersox 12-04-2018 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by throllen (Post 776303)
I know... its better to order everything on there too. You will save tons compared to buying them in Canada.

I know hey! just remember you can't use paypal to ship direct to Canada. (the system doesn't like it.)

theoneyouknowleast 12-04-2018 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSwipe95 (Post 776304)
When they broker, can they then ship to your address? Or does it have to be picked up instead? Cuz I am not taking a trip over to Ontario just to grab a parcel.

They do offer an option to reship in Canada for you. Never gone that route so Im unsure of the costs.

Since the "allnew" coupon is giving free shipping to Canada, I suggest you go that route.

Yonoid 12-04-2018 02:29 PM

thanks for sharing!

I recall a similar discount on their page before and after day 1 they fixed the free shipping to Canada as it was never meant to apply.

I don't know for those that placed orders already if they honored it or cancelled them

Collectingtoys 12-04-2018 03:09 PM

Quote:

Thank you for sharing this and may Primus protect everyone’s orders through the chaos of crossing the Canadian border and the backlog abyss that is inside the depots of Canada Post.

Tonestar 12-04-2018 03:18 PM

Quote:

Yes, thank you for sharing. I picked up doubes of the first 4 deluxes and with 20% off, free shipping and a little tax it came to $93 Canadian for 8. I am having them shipped to my sisters' house in Michigan so I know I'll get them before Christmas and not pay any duty.

ngnaw 12-04-2018 05:49 PM

All sold out!

zuffyprime 12-04-2018 06:09 PM

Thanks so much for sharing!

I didn't make it in time, but I assume the code "allnew" is the text we type in the "promo code"
box to allow for free shipping to canada?

zuffyprime 12-04-2018 06:13 PM

If anyone got extras of hound and sideswipe,
and are in mississauga, if they arrive before christmas, I'd be happy to pay you $25 each for them.

Need them for christmas presents for a couple of buddies:D

throllen 12-04-2018 08:49 PM

How much is usually duties when they ship to Canada?

evenstaves 12-04-2018 11:28 PM

Damnit I missed this one while @ work

I wonder if stock replenishes, will still be same price? It's same rate as their micromaster packs, this was quite the find considering the impending increased MSRP

chaingunsofdoom 12-04-2018 11:47 PM

I missed this earlier, but I just ordered the 3 MM 2-packs since it was free shipping. You save a couple of bucks vs the TRU.ca C$12.99 price

TheSwipe95 12-05-2018 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zuffyprime (Post 776337)
Thanks so much for sharing!

I didn't make it in time, but I assume the code "allnew" is the text we type in the "promo code"
box to allow for free shipping to canada?

"Allnew" is for an additional 20% off. Free shipping is automatically applied as long as you have a minimum $14.99 order.

ngnaw 12-05-2018 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom (Post 776370)
I missed this earlier, but I just ordered the 3 MM 2-packs since it was free shipping. You save a couple of bucks vs the TRU.ca C$12.99 price

Aren't they $9.99 USD ($13.18 CAD)? And then with taxes and duties?

chaingunsofdoom 12-05-2018 02:46 PM

^ The code took 20% off and added free shipping. It was a couple dollars less than retail for each delivered to my door even after conversion from USD.

But not even sure if they will ship at this point.

Yonoid 12-06-2018 05:06 PM

just got a call from hasbro verifying my order, said it will be shipped out shortly

theoneyouknowleast 12-06-2018 05:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My order shows shipped under order details, and just got an email that it shipped, but no tracking number.

I recall that you have to call in and ask for a tracking number for Canadian orders.

Update: I called in and the rep was able to get me a tracking number. Looks like its coming in by Fedex.

ngnaw 12-06-2018 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theoneyouknowleast (Post 776457)
Looks like its coming in by Fedex.

Ouuuuu slap on the fedex brokerage fees and admin fees and taxes and duties... ugh

ssjgoku22 12-06-2018 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ngnaw (Post 776467)
Ouuuuu slap on the fedex brokerage fees and admin fees and taxes and duties... ugh

Lol, this is why I'll wait for local retail:canada:

MilanX3 12-06-2018 08:16 PM

Quote:

There is a way to clear brokerage yourself, you need to go to a CBSA office and pay for it there...but I'm unsure if you need to decline getting the parcel first and pick up after you can show your receipt for brokerage being cleared by CBSA...if you call CBSA they should give u all of the details and it should save you alot of money if FedEx charges you brokerage fees.

The CBSA office is at Pearson Airport, but on the property, not inside any of the terminals...you need to call them for directions on that as well...

There used to be a CBSA office on Front St downtown Toronto, but since 2015 they closed it...your tax dollars at work...really a petty decision.

I think there is some office on the border as well near Niagara..

Good luck!

Yonoid 12-06-2018 08:59 PM

Quote:

Any idea how to calculate that. Or do they normally use a flat rate?

Trying to figure out if it’s worth the time to clear the fees separately

Pascal 12-06-2018 10:35 PM

First thing you know, the toys will be out this week at TRU at 25% off. :p

General Tekno 12-06-2018 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 776477)
First thing you know, the toys will be out this week at TRU at 25% off. :p

For the deluxes though, that's still not better than $8 USD per deluxe given the new MSRP is $30 CAD.

Incidentally, friends of mine have gotten their orders shipped - still waiting on mine to get billed and shipped though (granted I ordered a whole bunch of stuff, but still.)

chaingunsofdoom 12-06-2018 11:33 PM

HTS uses FedEx and never charges brokerage or customs fees because they collect the GST for the Government.

zuffyprime 12-06-2018 11:35 PM

Wow that's awesome,So glad the orders are shipping for you guys and that it wasn't some glitch!

Great early Christmas present!

MapleMegatron 12-07-2018 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom (Post 776480)
HTS uses FedEx and never charges brokerage or customs fees because they collect the GST for the Government.

They do charge a handling fee though, and you are always guanranteed to pay the taxes.

chaingunsofdoom 12-07-2018 02:14 AM

I've ordered dozens of items from HTS over the years. As the customer pays the required tax to HTS, you don't need to pay any more when it arrives at your door.

I've never had to pay anything and they've always used FedEx. Technically, they add whatever charge FedEx wants into their shipping amount, so it's usually in there. But since this is Free Shipping with the code, they're eating that portion as well.

From their FAQ:
"At check-out, the total amount for “Shipping” will include all applicable duties and fees (in addition to all freight and handling fees) and the total amount for “Taxes” shall include all applicable sales tax."

ngnaw 12-07-2018 05:59 PM

Can you tell me, exactly how much you paid then for one deluxe in CAD? I am going to make a great effort to try and get as close to this price as possible since I don't even think the Winter coupons will even come close...? and that's if they even give out the winter coupons... I am sensing that missing this sale was a sign to not buy this line... :(

Tonestar 12-07-2018 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ngnaw (Post 776543)
Can you tell me, exactly how much you paid then for one deluxe in CAD? I am going to make a great effort to try and get as close to this price as possible since I don't even think the Winter coupons will even come close...? and that's if they even give out the winter coupons... I am sensing that missing this sale was a sign to not buy this line... :(

When I ordered my set they were $9.99 regular price (already down from their $19.99 price) and then the savings code gave an additional 20% off the $9.99 price so each Deluxe came out to $7.99 which when converted to Canadian funds came out to about $11 - $12 per deluxe which is significantly cheaper than buying them at our regular price of $29.99 per figure.

General Tekno 12-07-2018 06:24 PM

And my order just shipped!

Also, even the Voyagers are a good buy if you were getting Deluxes too. With the discount they were $24 USD, which in CAD is around $32 - given they're going up to $40, not bad savings at all.

ngnaw 12-07-2018 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonestar (Post 776544)
When I ordered my set they were $9.99 regular price (already down from their $19.99 price) and then the savings code gave an additional 20% off the $9.99 price so each Deluxe came out to $7.99 which when converted to Canadian funds came out to about $11 - $12 per deluxe which is significantly cheaper than buying them at our regular price of $29.99 per figure.

And there won't be any duties and taxes? Aw wow i'm super jealous! Cause even if they do it's still a good price!
[COLOR=inherit !important]

#s3gt_translate_tooltip_mini { display: none !important; }
[/COLOR]

Tonestar 12-07-2018 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ngnaw (Post 776546)
And there won't be any duties and taxes? Aw wow i'm super jealous! Cause even if they do it's still a good price!
[COLOR=inherit !important][/COLOR]
[COLOR=inherit !important]#s3gt_translate_tooltip_mini { display: none !important; }[/COLOR]

I paid like $3 - $4 in state taxes on top of my order. I had them shipped to my sister's house in Michigan to avoid any charges that may or may not occur. The only thing is I have to wait to get them which will be the weekend before Christmas but to save all that money and time it was still so worth it. Mine shipped today so she'll get them by next Tuesday.

theoneyouknowleast 12-07-2018 09:08 PM

Right not its about $11.90 per deluxe. Hoping all it good with the shipping and Fedex doesn't charge any extra and HST took care of the taxes.

Gaming Turtle 12-09-2018 12:30 PM

I got the annoyance of only my Sideswipes being cancelled. Cog, Flywheels and Hound all shipped however. Kinda sucks as Sideswipe was the only one I really needed out of them.