Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bumblebee Movie Discussion (Teaser Trailer Released) (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=72729)

Robimus 06-05-2018 03:52 AM

Bumblebee Movie Discussion (Teaser Trailer Released)

1 Attachment(s)
Lets talk Bumblebee!!!

Here is the link to the trailer: https://youtu.be/ShHkwfrOo4U

Lots of stuff in there to see. :primelaugh:

I think it looks very cool, kinda more of a cross between G1 and the Bayverse visually.

FreakNasty 06-05-2018 06:49 AM

Re: Bumblebee Movie Discussion (Teaser Trailer Released)

Interesting things to note:
1. Bumblebee is shorter and is more blocky
2. His head is generally intact in vehicle mode.
3. StarScream is a F4 in this movie. (Why not go with an F-15 is beyond me)
4. StarScreams Transformation is reminiscent of his Masterpiece transformation
5. StarScream will have missiles on his arms.
6. StarScreams head is a lot like his G1 self, or his War for Cybertron look.
Bumblebee's battle mode makes it look like his vehicle mode will be a Jeep. Noting the grill marks and round headlights.

bishop 06-05-2018 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreakNasty (Post 761613)
4. StarScreams Transformation is reminiscent to his Masterpiece transformation

Repaint/retool, YEAH!!! :raisetheroof:

Seriously, I am actually excited about this movie with Bee & starscream. Spoiler alert: movie should end with full shot of G1 optimus prime, then credits.

xueyue2 06-05-2018 07:57 AM

I"m very glad to See Starsream and the normal movie transformation with details (instead of the cube transformation) are back!
Maybe this movie is worth seeing after all!

Alexander Quinn 06-05-2018 08:18 AM

Bumblebee has Visable Head Syndrome! The struggle is real. :D

Collectingtoys 06-05-2018 09:29 AM

This film looks like it may win back some of us generation 1 fans or just Transformers fans in general. Especially after that giant flaming pile of garbage that was Bayformers 5.

John Cena as Agent Burns, I like the reference to the Burns family from the Rescue Bots.

RNSrobot 06-05-2018 09:50 AM

Bumblebee is a pet.

Pascal 06-05-2018 10:02 AM

Funny how Bee looks like a child robot yet he's supposed to be thousands if not millions years old. That detail aside, I'm pumped! MPM-07 Bumblebee Volks Bumblebee and MPM-08 Bumblebee Starscream please!

CobraCommander 06-05-2018 10:15 AM

The bots looks ok, but I thought this movie was supposed to be circa 80's? It looks a bit too modern to me?

Xtreme987 06-05-2018 10:18 AM

Liked the end of the trailer when Bee spits out the Rick Astley tape. That was pretty funny. LoL :primelaugh:

CobraCommander 06-05-2018 10:19 AM

Forthcoming Optimus Primal repaint?

positivelyken 06-05-2018 01:07 PM

I'm getting a real Iron Giant vibe from Bumblebee in this trailer. Starscream is a pleasant surprise. Cautiously optimistic!

Robimus 06-05-2018 04:55 PM

I’m going to assume the shots of Bee running in the forest is connected with the Starscream scene. Can’t tell which Alt mode Bee has in that scene. Could be they both arrive on earth before the F-15 get introduced, which would explain Starscream adopting the F-4 at that time. At least that is my running theory :p Then the story picks up later with both Bee and Screamer having proper alt modes.

At least thats my hope.

Tekkamanraiden 06-05-2018 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robimus (Post 761677)
I’m going to assume the shots of Bee running in the forest is connected with the Starscream scene. Can’t tell which Alt mode Bee has in that scene. Could be they both arrive on earth before the F-15 get introduced, which would explain Starscream adopting the F-4 at that time. At least that is my running theory :p Then the story picks up later with both Bee and Screamer having proper alt modes.

At least thats my hope.

Possible, the Ford 150 in the background at 0:16 is a 6th generation which was build between 1973 - 1979. The F15 didn't see service till 1976.

Interesting the stereo in Bee supports a cassette which the earliest they were in cars was the mid 70's.

Crobot91 06-05-2018 08:18 PM

Really excited by this movie.

Really wished Bee looked like this in the first Bay movie.

Can't wait to purchase the deluxe toy and display it with my Evasion Mode Optimus Prime.

Jonnydark 06-05-2018 08:36 PM

Wow.... Cautiously optimistic!

innermanchild 06-05-2018 08:48 PM

My god, excitement for a Transformers movie since the fist one :clapping:

optimusb39 06-05-2018 09:00 PM

Already think there is more story just in this trailer then the last two movies combined. Holding out judgement till i see it but the gut feeling is favouring in the plus column so far...

Sun Swipe Prime 06-05-2018 09:23 PM

Remaining neutral on this. But I will say it doesn't have to be a home run, just give me a solid double on the story and I'll be happy.

Bees robot mode kind of reminded me of Squeaks, that cutesy big head child-like proportions.

I can see this going well and going bad.

Things I'm getting from the trailer are:

Bee has lost his memory.

This is going to be the girl who loved Powerglide type story but with Bee.

optimusb39 06-05-2018 09:30 PM

^
You mean 'going bay'? ;)

Darth Cylon 06-06-2018 12:36 AM

Really wish the first Bayformers took this aesthetics. That Starscream looking Con got me excited. The first Bayformers had a decent story and fairly entertaining but it all went down since ROTF.

Robimus 06-06-2018 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tekkamanraiden (Post 761687)
Possible, the Ford 150 in the background at 0:16 is a 6th generation which was build between 1973 - 1979. The F15 didn't see service till 1976.

Interesting the stereo in Bee supports a cassette which the earliest they were in cars was the mid 70's.

If my theory is anything, I would presume the time jump takes us from say 1970’ish to 1984, or similar. I’m assuming the main plot will be set in 1984.

chaingunsofdoom 06-06-2018 02:01 AM

If you like timeline guessing, the Rick Astley song was released in July 1987...

Tekkamanraiden 06-06-2018 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robimus (Post 761700)
If my theory is anything, I would presume the time jump takes us from say 1970’ish to 1984, or similar. I’m assuming the main plot will be set in 1984.

1984 might be harder as the Humvee started production that year but didn't see field use until 1989.

Robimus 06-06-2018 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom (Post 761704)
If you like timeline guessing, the Rick Astley song was released in July 1987...

Excellent thoughts both on the song and Tekka on the Hummer. We shall see.

Edit: internet says the Hummer contract was awarded in 1982, and were being tested around 1985. They were not used by the military in the field until later. My thought there is Sector 7 would have the cutting edge tech, so the timeline might not be problematic in that way.

TheToyTrove 06-06-2018 02:48 PM

Bumblebee and Starscream both look more G1esque, and I'm happy about that. I'm excited to see a Transformers movie without Michael Bay at the helm.

Also, they've said that they're going to reboot the franchise after this movie. If Bumblebee is successful, I wonder if that will change, but I'm kind of hoping for a reboot. I'd like to see someone redo the franchise with a little more G1 influence to it. Hopefully that's what we'd get.

Robimus 07-21-2018 04:12 PM

So, while moments of this panel are fun, the director is talking in circles and clearly is not knowledgable about the subject matter. A bit dissapointing.

A Decepticon that looks exactly like Starscream being Blitzwing would be akin to showing Boba Fett is a trailer and then telling us it isn’t Boba, that it is actually Bossk.

:(

https://youtu.be/34b32uavtsk

joshimus 08-15-2018 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robimus (Post 766715)
So, while moments of this panel are fun, the director is talking in circles and clearly is not knowledgable about the subject matter. A bit dissapointing.

A Decepticon that looks exactly like Starscream being Blitzwing would be akin to showing Boba Fett is a trailer and then telling us it isn’t Boba, that it is actually Bossk.

:(

https://youtu.be/34b32uavtsk

That's an issue I also have. If we are getting a G1 Starscream look alike but gonna be Blitzwing, just make Blitzwing.

chaingunsofdoom 09-23-2018 01:32 PM

New trailer today? Lots of G1 looks in the teaser from yesterday!

joshimus 09-24-2018 05:17 AM

https://i.imgur.com/umHQfYL.jpg?1
Well, I think THIS time that IS Starscream in the background as we do see some very G1 triangle shaped seeker jets in the next clip.
While I dig the VERY G1-esque look, it certainly is a drastic shift from Bayverse that I am curious to see how they tie it all with the past 5 films.

FreakNasty 09-24-2018 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshimus (Post 772144)
https://i.imgur.com/umHQfYL.jpg?1
Well, I think THIS time that IS Starscream in the background as we do see some very G1 triangle shaped seeker jets in the next clip.
While I dig the VERY G1-esque look, it certainly is a drastic shift from Bayverse that I am curious to see how they tie it all with the past 5 films.

Star Scream, Acid Storm and Skywarp!

Shockwave 75 09-24-2018 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshimus (Post 772144)

Being a Shockwave fan, this scene made me SQUEEEE!!!

FreakNasty 09-24-2018 07:21 AM

xueyue2 09-24-2018 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 (Post 772147)
Being a Shockwave fan, this scene made me SQUEEEE!!!

And later they will tell you this is not Shockwave, but Galvatron...just like the pic up there is not "Star Scream, Acid Storm and Skywarp", but "Blitzwing, Astrotrain and Octane". :rofl:

Collectingtoys 09-24-2018 08:53 AM

This franchise will be again printing money and reintroduce these G1 type characters to a new generation of children.

The trailer alone will already cost me $40 in tickets ‘cause now it’s become a must see film.

The7thParallel 09-24-2018 09:39 AM

At least this explains the new SIEGE toyline. Now they have two lines pushing movie-ish designs.

FreakNasty 09-24-2018 10:18 AM

I just noticed that Shockwave doesn't miss leg day :rofl:

CobraCommander 09-24-2018 10:21 AM

That Ravage has me thinking, give the colour choices (there's some red and white), do you suppose that Ravage can turn into Lazerbeak as well? :)

Robimus 09-24-2018 12:07 PM

Very nice!

Matrix_Holder 09-24-2018 12:08 PM

Finally a live action transformers movie I can get behind. Haven't looked forward to a tf movie since before the 07 movie came out. I don't hate this.