Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Should we close the sightings threads? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=79201)

Whisky Tango Foxtrot 03-20-2020 11:24 PM

Should we close the sightings threads?

Since I don't think we should be doing anything to encourage people to go toy-hunting during a pandemic, I think it would be a good idea to lock the toy-sightings threads on this board for the time being (with the exception of online sightings threads.) Does anyone agree?

optimusb39 03-20-2020 11:25 PM

Re: Should we close the sightings threads?

No

optimusb39 03-20-2020 11:27 PM

At least on the thread we can still discuss things about places weve been and places ro check out when this all blows over. Why remove one more thing from our lives that takes away any trace of normalcy?

ssjgoku22 03-20-2020 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by optimusb39 (Post 807921)
At least on the thread we can still discuss things about places weve been and places ro check out when this all blows over. Why remove one more thing from our lives that takes away any trace of normalcy?

I think he specifically meant sightings though. Everything else discussion wise will be here, it's just sightings taking a hiatus.

Iron Moose 03-21-2020 12:06 AM

without speaking to the current situation, I do think it would be worthwhile to lock all the current threads and start new ones. They can't be good for the backend.

SleeplessKnight 03-21-2020 12:22 AM

I actually think this is a good idea. Sometimes people overestimate themselves and the situation. An active sightings thread just encourages people to go out when they really shouldn't because they think they're going to miss this one hot figure.

The TRU, Walmart and Amazon online sightings thread are good enough.

Xtreme987 03-21-2020 12:55 AM

I agree. We need to put Toy Hunting on the back burner for now. I know it sucks. I too want to hunt but it is what it is. We'll get through this. Toy hunting will return. :)

imfallenangel 03-21-2020 01:02 AM

nope...

There's ways to be safe and work and help with the situation without the paranoia, the fear.

The world has faced worst than this, and right now, the world has done more than for diseases that were far more deadly.

What's needed is to be responsible, and if you go out, be sensible about it and take proper care and follow the precautions that have been broadcasted non-stop and it'll be just fine.

The reality is, we could do all this for months, and then the moment the "doors are re-opened" people are going to act like it's 100% gone and break every common sense rule there is, if only due to being locked up for so long, and then the risk could end up being 10x worst.

BTW, I actually work that deals with the information about this disease to a level that nobody on this forum can even dare to top or would believe, and spent a LOT of extra hours every day this week dealing with more than you could imagine, so any internet know-it-all, just don't bother attacking this post.

So, it's all about being smart about this, follow the precautions, check the toy section while you get the essentials, and go home, and stop this fear-mongering as it's not helping, it's just going to get people stressed out so badly that their system is going to be much more vulnerable should they get actually exposed to ANY virus out there.

anotheran 03-21-2020 01:21 AM

Walmart is still open

predahank 03-21-2020 01:24 AM

disagree imo

TRU brick and mortar is closed so no one is going there specifically to hunt anything.

If someone is buying milk at WM and wants to have see if anything new came in then I don’t think we need to shame them for posting.