Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers Customs and Artwork (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Heavy Mods & Scratchbuilds Hand tutorial, building hands from scratch (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=30180)

compute146 03-18-2011 03:01 PM

Hand tutorial, building hands from scratch

12 Attachment(s)
Hi guys

heres a hand tutorial for you all, (mods, please feel free to move where it needs to be)

just to show hands can be built from nearly anything, heres a handy( get it) way to build hands for all your customs, they can be built bigger, in the same way, i dont think i could go any smaller.

1. to start i used a piece of treasel wood, cost £1,which is soft to cut, and scoring the wood into strips using a stanley knife.

2. Then i sanded and cut into smaller sections, these will form finger tips and the middles part of the fingers, 4 for the tips, 4 for the middle section and 1 tip which is slightly smaller and a slightly smaller middle section too.

3. then using a dremel i gently sanded each finger to shape the parts, and with the edge of the dremel blade i made a slot on the finger tips, this will allow the middle sections to slot in. holes were then drilled.

4. to join the fingers i used a nail, simply cut down, to stop the nail from coming out, i mixed up a bit of epoxy.

5. The palm of the hand had slots made and drilled from the side, same principle, a nail was pushed through, ro hold the fingers on, the thumb area, was made different for both hands, so a pose can be different, again a slot was made for the thumb, and a small hole drilled and a nail dropped in and epoxyed to hold the thumb in place,

6.Once complete, i simply used car filler to tidy up the hand, and a piece of styrene was added to finish them of,

heres the pics guys, theres a shot with leader class prime hands for comparison, the back of the hands have been left, these can be drilled gently to fix in a ball joint etc, anyway hope this helps you all out.

all the best

colin

Bruticus82 03-18-2011 03:28 PM

Re: Hand tutorial, building hands from scratch

Wow, that is awesome, good job on those! They look fantastic.

I think this tutorial will be very "handy". :rofl:

UltraPrimal 03-18-2011 03:31 PM

This makes me want to build a wooden transformer.

Bruticus82 03-18-2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltraPrimal (Post 324249)
This makes me want to build a wooden transformer.

Call him Pinocchio-bot?

compute146 03-18-2011 04:05 PM

or bumbletree!!! lol !!! :rofl:

TTT 03-21-2011 03:12 AM

:cool: Very handy tutorial, whoops...I wasn't even trying :o