Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   TRU Canada SKUs reveal retail price for Masterpiece Soundwave, Generations Metroplex (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=45781)

Super_Megatron 03-07-2013 03:30 PM

TRU Canada SKUs reveal retail price for Masterpiece Soundwave, Generations Metroplex

1 Attachment(s)
Toys R Us Canada have recently updated their computer system and added some new SKUs into the mix. These listings reveal a few items of interest, namely the Canadian retail price for Masterpiece Soundwave and Masterpiece Acid Storm. Masterpiece Soundwave is priced at $119.99 CAD, a steal considering he includes the full complement of five cassettes. Acid Storm is priced at $69.99 CAD.

The listings also confirm that Platinum Series Prime Ultra Magnus will be released at Canadian retail through Toys R Us, he will run to $69.99 CAD as well. The Titan Class Metroplex is in the system too, his retail price is given as $99.99 CAD.

Lastly there are two more listings, which are given as "Prime". The first is "Prime Ultimate Dragon", potentially the Ultimate Class version of Beast Hunters Predaking. This confirms he is getting released in Canada through Toys R Us, he's been mooted as a Target exclusive in the US. His price is $59.99 CAD. The listings are capped off with an entry for a $29.99 CAD 16 inch figure from the Transformers Prime line. The price is consistent with the asking price for a Weaponizer or Optimus Maximus, but neither one of them matches the height listed. It could be the new "Ultimate" Beast Hunter Optimus Prime, though the asking price seems less than expected, particularly given the cost of the Predaking.

The full listings of the SKUs follows below:

Masterpiece Soundwave SKU043130 - $119.99
Masterpiece Acid Storm SKU043128 - $69.99
Generations Titan Metroplex SKU043106 - $99.99
Prime Plat. Ed Ultra Magnus SKU038196 - $69.99
Prime Ultimate Dragon SKU043112 - $59.99
Prime 16'' Figure SKU038183 - $29.99

Darth Cylon 03-07-2013 03:33 PM

Re: New Transformers SKUs from Toys R Us Canada

Saved and printed the SKU list! Thank You!

Oreobuilder 03-07-2013 03:34 PM

Metroplex is only 99$! Yeah!

I'm looking forward to Soundwave even if we will never see him in Quebec.

OB

protoform_ironhide 03-07-2013 03:35 PM

I probably won't be able to find any Soundwavw, just like MP 10.... Why? Why? Why make it a Toys R Us exclusive?:crying:

Oreobuilder 03-07-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by protoform_ironhide (Post 493640)
I probably won't be able to find any Soundwavw, just like MP 10.... Why? Why? Why make it a Toys R Us exclusive?:crying:

The other retailers probably didn't want it. When was the last time you saw a 100$ Transformer at Wal-Mart? :innocent:

OB

protoform_ironhide 03-07-2013 03:39 PM

Walmart doesn't know what they have missed...

mcmus 03-07-2013 03:42 PM

So, are we going to get the Platinum Edition OP and Omega here too? Or just that Ugly Weaponizer Repaint UM?

General Tekno 03-07-2013 03:52 PM

Do we know when these are going to be due out in Canada, if we have the SKUs?

Darth Cylon 03-07-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Tekno (Post 493653)
Do we know when these are going to be due out in Canada, if we have the SKUs?

Probably the same Oct time frame.

Grimlock4Prime 03-07-2013 04:37 PM

I'd be happy with $100 for Metroplex. That seems pretty reasonable.

Requateer 03-07-2013 04:52 PM

Can't wait! Here's hoping that the MP10 situation doesn't strike twice with Soundwave.

BoNKerS 03-07-2013 05:05 PM

CRAP! I need to find my receipt for Predaking and return the thing...

Really excited for these...

mcmus 03-07-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoNKerS (Post 493704)
CRAP! I need to find my receipt for Predaking and return the thing...

Really excited for these...

LOL, I should have traded the ice-cream truck for your Predaking.;)

skrilla 88 03-07-2013 05:16 PM

Acid Storm or Metroplex...hmmm. Hopefully I'll have a few months to decide with figure to get.

canprime 03-07-2013 05:17 PM

Dear Toys R Us Canada........

Remember how many MP-10 Optimus Primes you ordered last year? TRIPLE IT FOR MP SOUNDWAVE!!!!!!!!!

That is all...................for now!

nukedproducts 03-07-2013 05:50 PM

Well, at least we know TRU is still trying.

protoform_ironhide 03-07-2013 05:51 PM

So is there any easier ways to obtain these at Toys R Us? Can u reserve them? I totally missed out Mp10... Never seen it at retail at all.... And we have at least 4 Toys r us at this area I live :crying:

shabooya 03-07-2013 06:04 PM

SOMETIMES you get a preorder up on TRU.ca but not always.

There is no way that there wont be the same supply problems with SW and AS that there has been for virtually every single TRU MP outside of Rodimus.

ryceball89 03-07-2013 06:05 PM

Never saw MP-10 or Thundercracker in retail either =/

Perceptor 03-07-2013 06:49 PM

Does anyone know if there will be Hasbro versions of MP Prowl, MP Sideswipe etc? Especially since they will have MP Soundwave now... maybe if we wait patiently we'll get these deluxe size MP sportscars for less than $60 retail??? (here is to wishing...)

nukedproducts 03-07-2013 06:52 PM

Well, I'm putting those MP's on my 'buy-on-instant' list. Like I won't wait till I get a proper time to buy them, I will buy them as soon as there's a sighting. I still have yet to own a masterpiece figure.

down_shift 03-07-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by protoform_ironhide (Post 493640)

You'd rather Walmart or Target where there's 10 times more traffic?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perceptor (Post 493738)
Does anyone know if there will be Hasbro versions of MP Prowl, MP Sideswipe etc? Especially since they will have MP Soundwave now... maybe if we wait patiently we'll get these deluxe size MP sportscars for less than $60 retail??? (here is to wishing...)

No, not unless Hasbro wants to pay the licensing fee for the cars.

I'm very excited for all of this business.

Crobot91 03-07-2013 06:59 PM

Great news! Although, I'm disappointed that YOTS Oemga Supreme wasn't listed... oh well, looks like I will have to buy him through BBTS.

Bnz Toy 03-07-2013 07:05 PM

October is so far away...

protoform_ironhide 03-07-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by down_shift (Post 493743)
You'd rather Walmart or Target where there's 10 times more traffics? .

No, I rather they make them non exclusive, so I can get them anywhere, haha

ryceball89 03-07-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by protoform_ironhide (Post 493750)
No, I rather they make them non exclusive, so I can get them anywhere, haha

OR they flood the market with them so we can avoid the hundred dollar markup on ebay/kijiji/etc

Paradigm-Shift Prime 03-07-2013 08:04 PM

Re: Toys R Us Canada SKUs reveal the retail price for Masterpiece Soundwave and Acids

Whoo hoo!

Bring on the 30% off sales! (If possible)

I don't think people should panic or over-react to the MP-10 distribution situation. While all the MPs (except Roddy) have been a little tricky to get, only MP10 had the ridiculous shortage situation.

Also, the MPs have repeatedly tended to come out right as a 30% off sale hits. This has majorly added to the scarcity of MPs, with both collectors and scalpers aggressively pillaging TRUs for each new 30% off MP while the sale is on. (If people are reselling, think how much more of an incentive it is to do so with the sale, takes a rather thin profit margin and makes it a huge one).

Edit: P.S. I can feel the TRU employee head-aches already, with the certain over-reaction to the MP-10 situation (where they were getting 50+ calls a day once it was evident he was essentially gone and had to tell every person the same thing). Let's all be civil with how hard we hump at them to find out if there is stock coming, when the stock will arrive, if there are any on the shelf, any in the back, please check the SKU, etc., etc.

slippy 03-07-2013 08:05 PM

Re: Toys R Us Canada SKUs reveal the retail price for Masterpiece Soundwave and Acids

Christmas in October for me! :D

Darth Cylon 03-07-2013 08:38 PM

I called a local TRU just for fun and to verify the SKU for Soundwave. As soon as the girl ask me if it is called Transformer Masterpiece Soundwave she put me on hold...another girl picked up and told me they don't have much transformers toys in store at all.

Haha!

skrilla 88 03-07-2013 08:44 PM

I figure the masterpieces will be TRU exclusives. But will Metroplex be one too or will he also show up at Walmart and Target? I just want increased odds of getting him :)

protoform_ironhide 03-07-2013 08:58 PM

Re: Toys R Us Canada SKUs reveal the retail price for Masterpiece Soundwave and Metro

Paradigm-shift Prime: Hard for ppl not to panic, because many of us couldn't get Mp 10. Easy for u to say if u got one or if u dun care about Mp 10. Now if Hasbro reissue Mp 10 for the next news. Everyone will b happy(a reissue seems quite possible).

Goaliebot 03-07-2013 09:19 PM

Re: TRU Canada SKUs reveal retail price for Masterpiece Soundwave, Generations Metrop

Gonna be an expensive year!

omegaprime 03-07-2013 09:39 PM

Re: TRU Canada SKUs reveal retail price for Masterpiece Soundwave, Generations Metrop

If any of this items hits target I will know I work in there distribution center.. will let u guys know

wedge1021 03-07-2013 09:41 PM

Now I'm wondering if I should sell my Takara SW now and gamble on being able to pick up the Hasbro version...

canprime 03-07-2013 09:41 PM

Ok, time to find out who is the buyer for Toys R Us Canada and send him/her an email "politely" asking them to increase the order for MP Soundwave so that we don't have a repeat of MP-10.

mcmus 03-07-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wedge1021 (Post 493805)
Now I'm wondering if I should sell my Takara SW now and gamble on being able to pick up the Hasbro version...

Lmk if you ever think of selling your takara sw...:)

protoform_ironhide 03-07-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canprime (Post 493806)
Ok, time to find out who is the buyer for Toys R Us Canada and send him/her an email "politely" asking them to increase the order for MP Soundwave so that we don't have a repeat of MP-10.

Who is the person responsible for Hasbro in Canada? Read our posts and take our comment as advice, distribute future Masterpieces to everyone, instead of making Masterpiece figures as exclusive only to Toy's R Us.

Sureshot22 03-07-2013 09:46 PM

Re: Toys R Us Canada SKUs reveal the retail price for Masterpiece Soundwave and Metro

Quote:

Originally Posted by protoform_ironhide (Post 493790)
Paradigm-shift Prime: Hard for ppl not to panic, because many of us couldn't get Mp 10. Easy for u to say if u got one or if u dun care about Mp 10. Now if Hasbro reissue Mp 10 for the next news. Everyone will b happy(a reissue seems quite possible).

LOL who are you kidding??

never has there been a reissue of MP's

there has been stock found or restock in the same time frame but once they are gone they have always been gone.

so sorry to burst your bubble but no it doesnt seem quite possible.

edit to correct myself.

the ONLY MP to be reissued was MP-01. was the first US version. then the DVD version that was at bestbuy and there was one other version if i remember correctly. i could go look at my catalog on shelflife since im the MP guy lol but im too tired to load it all up.

but ya he was the only one to ever be reissued.

protoform_ironhide 03-07-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sureshot22 (Post 493811)
LOL who are you kidding??

never has there been a reissue of MP's

there has been stock found or restock in the same time frame but once they are gone they have always been gone.

so sorry to burst your bubble but no it doesnt seem quite possible.

Do you work for Hasbro? I don't think so. Takara did reissue Prime and other MPs many times. Yah, true, maybe not Hasbro, but who knows? It is possible.

Sam 03-07-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by protoform_ironhide (Post 493814)
Do you work for Hasbro? I don't think so. Takara did reissue Prime and other MPs many times. Yah, true, maybe not Hasbro, but who knows? It is possible.

Nope, actually, it isn't. Hasbro Canada has NEVER reissued a single thing.