Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   TRU Canada SKUs reveal retail price for Masterpiece Soundwave, Generations Metroplex (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=45781)

nukedproducts 03-07-2013 06:52 PM

Re: New Transformers SKUs from Toys R Us Canada

Well, I'm putting those MP's on my 'buy-on-instant' list. Like I won't wait till I get a proper time to buy them, I will buy them as soon as there's a sighting. I still have yet to own a masterpiece figure.

down_shift 03-07-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by protoform_ironhide (Post 493640)
I probably won't be able to find any Soundwavw, just like MP 10.... Why? Why? Why make it a Toys R Us exclusive?:crying:

You'd rather Walmart or Target where there's 10 times more traffic?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perceptor (Post 493738)
Does anyone know if there will be Hasbro versions of MP Prowl, MP Sideswipe etc? Especially since they will have MP Soundwave now... maybe if we wait patiently we'll get these deluxe size MP sportscars for less than $60 retail??? (here is to wishing...)

No, not unless Hasbro wants to pay the licensing fee for the cars.

I'm very excited for all of this business.

Crobot91 03-07-2013 06:59 PM

Great news! Although, I'm disappointed that YOTS Oemga Supreme wasn't listed... oh well, looks like I will have to buy him through BBTS.

Bnz Toy 03-07-2013 07:05 PM

October is so far away...

protoform_ironhide 03-07-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by down_shift (Post 493743)
You'd rather Walmart or Target where there's 10 times more traffics? .

No, I rather they make them non exclusive, so I can get them anywhere, haha

ryceball89 03-07-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by protoform_ironhide (Post 493750)
No, I rather they make them non exclusive, so I can get them anywhere, haha

OR they flood the market with them so we can avoid the hundred dollar markup on ebay/kijiji/etc

Paradigm-Shift Prime 03-07-2013 08:04 PM

Re: Toys R Us Canada SKUs reveal the retail price for Masterpiece Soundwave and Acids

Whoo hoo!

Bring on the 30% off sales! (If possible)

I don't think people should panic or over-react to the MP-10 distribution situation. While all the MPs (except Roddy) have been a little tricky to get, only MP10 had the ridiculous shortage situation.

Also, the MPs have repeatedly tended to come out right as a 30% off sale hits. This has majorly added to the scarcity of MPs, with both collectors and scalpers aggressively pillaging TRUs for each new 30% off MP while the sale is on. (If people are reselling, think how much more of an incentive it is to do so with the sale, takes a rather thin profit margin and makes it a huge one).

Edit: P.S. I can feel the TRU employee head-aches already, with the certain over-reaction to the MP-10 situation (where they were getting 50+ calls a day once it was evident he was essentially gone and had to tell every person the same thing). Let's all be civil with how hard we hump at them to find out if there is stock coming, when the stock will arrive, if there are any on the shelf, any in the back, please check the SKU, etc., etc.

slippy 03-07-2013 08:05 PM

Re: Toys R Us Canada SKUs reveal the retail price for Masterpiece Soundwave and Acids

Christmas in October for me! :D

Darth Cylon 03-07-2013 08:38 PM

I called a local TRU just for fun and to verify the SKU for Soundwave. As soon as the girl ask me if it is called Transformer Masterpiece Soundwave she put me on hold...another girl picked up and told me they don't have much transformers toys in store at all.

Haha!

skrilla 88 03-07-2013 08:44 PM

I figure the masterpieces will be TRU exclusives. But will Metroplex be one too or will he also show up at Walmart and Target? I just want increased odds of getting him :)