Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers Feedback and Reviews (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Renderform Gold Scout (Goldbug) & Phoenix Rifle ( Rodimus Gun) kit review (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=37777)

Trans4mers 01-22-2012 10:30 PM

Renderform Gold Scout (Goldbug) & Phoenix Rifle ( Rodimus Gun) kit review

8 Attachment(s)
I met up with Venksta and picked up the Gold Scout & Phoenix Rifle

Gold Scout

1) Head
2) 2x Navy gun
3) Orange Gun ( Early Bird Paid Preorders)
4) Alternative Visor
5) Smaller blue gun ( Bonus gun)
6) Clear blue gun ( Bonus gun for those who ordered the Darkwind kit online)
7) Renderform Artwork card

First I like how there are so many guns that comes with this kit. Renderform really allows the buyer to have a choice as to what guns you can use to display with Gold Scout.

One thing I found was that I almost lost the alternative visor. It would be helpful to have a legend on the Artwork card to identify what pieces come with the kit. Sort of like the G1 instruction booklet.

I've always like the Venksta's Renderform artwork. I really enjoying collecting them as I support Renderform kits :)

Phoenix Rifle

1) Rifle

Venksta said that the Artwork card was not printed yet. But I will get mine eventually :)

For those who like G1 figures, the rifle by Renderform pays homage to that. The rifle is approximately 4.5 inches long and has similar details to the G1 gun. It is a great alternative to the gun that Fans Project provided with the Protector upgrade kit.

For this upgrade kit, I would have liked to get a few more accessories. But it's not a deal breaker for me to not buy the kit.

All in all, as per usual, Renderform upgrade kits adds to existing figures. I can't wait for the next minibot upgrade kit :D

I have a few pictures for the review. Apologies if the pictures are a bit small as I had to shrink it to fit the attachment size. I've included a group shot of a few customs I did with Gold Scout. They were inspired by a few Botcon figures. The accessory they are holding is courtesy of Renderform of course!

Big Filipino 01-22-2012 11:32 PM

Re: Renderform Gold Scout (Goldbug) & Phoenix Rifle ( Rodimus Gun) kit review

Sweet! Hope mine arrives soon.

bedtime 01-23-2012 12:27 AM

yes! hopefully this means he'll be shipping the gold scout kits soon!

venksta 01-23-2012 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bedtime (Post 403120)
yes! hopefully this means he'll be shipping the gold scout kits soon!

They are shipping. :) Watch for email confirmations.

bedtime 01-23-2012 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venksta (Post 403125)
They are shipping. :) Watch for email confirmations.

yesssss! :highfive:

GMfan 01-23-2012 01:34 AM

Hot damn....that Goldbug looks F'n awesome...

I shoulda hopped on those...and the Bumper...and the Hubcap *headdesk

Bah well! Glad some people will be getting them ;)

CKWG 01-23-2012 01:48 AM

I also picked up the Goldbug kit from Venksta.

It is an awesome add-on kit to the United Gold Bumblebee figure.

The head is great and I love the clear visor. However, I do find that once the head is popped on and screwed in, it is still kinda loose, but I would rather it be a little loose than to have a chance to damage the original ball joint that holds the head.

The two guns are the same navy blue as the head, and the blue that Venksta chose, work extremely well with the gold body of the toy and the overall effect looks great!

I do agree with Trans4mers that the alternative solid blue color visor is very small and is very easy to lose if you are not paying attention.

I highly recommend anyone that would like a Classics Goldbug to get the United Gold Bumblebee with the Renderform add-on kit for Goldbug. It really turned a toy that is meant to be Bumblebee into Goldbug. It is really amazing how just a new head, and two new guns would make a toy look so much better. All those free guns depending on whether you preordered or have dealt with him before also make it such a better deal.

bedtime 01-23-2012 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMfan (Post 403136)
Hot damn....that Goldbug looks F'n awesome...

I shoulda hopped on those...and the Bumper...and the Hubcap *headdesk

Bah well! Glad some people will be getting them ;)

i bought toys i think are stupid just so i could have an excuse to pick up the other kits too! haha

Metrotitan 01-23-2012 04:25 PM

My Mini-Review for rF-006 Gold Scout Upgrade

Hey all! Got my Gold Scout add-on kit replacement head and guns from Renderform on Saturday!

In short, if you like his previous work, or love the idea of making a new classics fig for your collection, this is a must have!

Great detail on the head, easy installation and love the variety of guns!

Get one now!!! I used an RTS Bumblebee minus the rub symbol (hate how they look) and the blue matches up quite nice.

http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/y...7/APDC0189.jpg

http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/y...7/APDC0204.jpg

http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/y...7/APDC0211.jpg

Pascal 01-23-2012 04:26 PM

Re: My Mini-Review for rF-006 Gold Scout Upgrade

Amazing. Can't wait to be... invoiced? :) I'll put it on a gold United Bumblebee.