Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Canada Post Mail Theft - Mississauga (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=32410)

Bruticus82 06-21-2011 09:20 PM

Canada Post Mail Theft - Mississauga

So I spotted this in the newspaper and I thought I'd share it, on the off chance someone here has had a package go missing recently from the Mississauga area.

"Two Canada Post employees have been charged after allegedly stealing pieces of mail from a postal outlet in Mississauga. Peel police alleged that the two suspects would target packages that obviously contained the items of value. It is believed mail was stolen form the postal outlet on Campobello Rd. Police are asking residents of northwest Mississauga - including Meadowvalde [sic] and Streetsville - to contact them at 905-453-2121 ext. 1133 if they have not received items they were expecting."

Not the most well written note for certain, and very brief. So I thought I'd do my part by posting it here.

jourdo 06-21-2011 09:55 PM

Re: Canada Post Mail Theft - Mississauga

I am honestly worried about the amount of crap that is going to get "lost" when the dust settles on the lock-out/strike.

Nemesis Predaking 06-21-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jourdo (Post 347864)
I am honestly worried about the amount of crap that is going to get "lost" when the dust settles on the lock-out/strike.

You & me both. I got 2 Botcon Wildriders out in "limbo" right now.

Mumps 06-21-2011 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemesis Predaking (Post 347869)
You & me both. I got 2 Botcon Wildriders out in "limbo" right now.

I have all of the Botcon attendee exclusives, and a box of stuff from BBTS in transit.. Really blows >_<

UltraPrimal 06-21-2011 10:30 PM

What they should have done at the start of this was stop accepting new mail, but deliver all the mail currently in the system. Then people wouldn't have to worry about their stuff getting lost or stolen.

Good job making people hate you more Canada Post.

pud333 06-22-2011 01:38 AM

Quote:

This is why I am not ordering anything right now. The online stores seem to be holding orders, so that's good, but I'm avoiding eBay and other places until after the resolution of the strike, which hopefully isn't much longer. There are a couple $150+ items I want to buy, so it's not worth risking things right now.

Gaetznes 06-22-2011 07:20 AM

I currently have items stuck at the boarder for tfw2005 members. there being understanding. But if this continues I can sell it going bad between a few members.

Nomad 06-22-2011 09:37 AM

Quote:

Me too, as this is the perfect time for people to start looting the system. Heck, even without theft getting involved, the confusion, disgruntlement & buildup alone is bound to cause it's own issues. I mean, just think of your own work place & what happens when one of the few people who actually does their job has a day off, and then multiply that by like 3 weeks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltraPrimal (Post 347881)
What they should have done at the start of this was stop accepting new mail, but deliver all the mail currently in the system. Then people wouldn't have to worry about their stuff getting lost or stolen.

Good job making people hate you more Canada Post.

... but see, that would require that we apply common sense to the situation. We'll likely know a little bit more by Friday (or even Thursday), though.

UltraMarknus 06-22-2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruticus82 (Post 347861)
Police are asking residents of northwest Mississauga - including Meadowvalde [sic] and Streetsville - to contact them at 905-453-2121 ext. 1133 if they have not received items they were expecting."

They are aware of the work stoppage...right? LOL!

Oh how I hope my Botcon SG Galvatron and Thundercracker make it to me ok. I am certain they were a day or 2 away from being in my hands.

jourdo 06-22-2011 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nomad (Post 347960)
Me too, as this is the perfect time for people to start looting the system. Heck, even without theft getting involved, the confusion, disgruntlement & buildup alone is bound to cause it's own issues. I mean, just think of your own work place & what happens when one of the few people who actually does their job has a day off, and then multiply that by like 3 weeks.

Yeah, I'm more worried about the pissed off employees or people unwilling to play catch up causing mistakes vs someone actually stealing packages. Although, this would be the pefect time to grab a few packages.