Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Toys R Us Canada 30% off Transformers Sale (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=38028)

Cheers Ian 02-02-2012 12:22 PM

Toys R Us Canada 30% off Transformers Sale

1 Attachment(s)
From February 3rd 2012 to February 9th 2012, Toys R Us will have all 30% off all Transformers (excluding deluxe class, clearance and Kre-O items)

To find these sales and other Transformers in your area check out the Canadian Sightings Forum

RNSrobot 02-02-2012 12:22 PM

30% Transformers @ TRU

TRU is doing a 30% off Transformers sale starting Friday through Thursday here. GET YOUR C-10 CASE FRESH PRIME FIRST EDITIONS AND EXTORT AMERICANS. :scalper:

Cpl. Chrissandwich 02-02-2012 12:36 PM

Re: 30% Transformers @ TRU

Oh yeah I saw that yesterday, when I when FE prime hunting. Forgot to mention it here.

vohkuhl 02-02-2012 12:59 PM

Excludes Clearance, Kre-o, and Deluxe Figures

Scrapper6 02-02-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vohkuhl (Post 405694)
Excludes Clearance, Kre-o, and Deluxe Figures

WHAT???? I can understand excluding Kre-O and Clearance items, but why exclude the Deluxe figures? Those are basically the bread and butter of the TF toyline at this time, with Scouts gone and Cyberverse and other figures mostly low stock to none left after the Christmas/Early January Clear Out.

That's just perfect, and here I thought I could price adjust my FE Cliffjumper from Tuesday, but NOOOOOO. Stupid TRU Policies. Oh well, at least I can get a FE Prime at 30% off, provided I get there in time and they haven't sold out to all the damn Scalpers.

astrana 02-02-2012 01:28 PM

LOL. must get more CJ

freakx2001 02-02-2012 01:36 PM

I really hope I can get my hands on a FE Prime!

Autobot Meister 02-02-2012 01:42 PM

How far back to they price adjust? I bough a few figures on Sunday Jan 29.

herooftheday316 02-02-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autobot Meister (Post 405707)
How far back to they price adjust? I bough a few figures on Sunday Jan 29.

I think it is 14 days but they do have a 30 (or 45) day return poilicy. So technically, if they are still closed you can re-turn and re-buy them :P.

I am sure you are more then covered if you purchased it on the 29th

-Mike

Autobot Meister 02-02-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herooftheday316 (Post 405710)
I think it is 14 days but they do have a 30 (or 45) day return poilicy. So technically, if they are still closed you can re-turn and re-buy them :P.

I am sure you are more then covered if you purchased it on the 29th

-Mike

Great. Do I physically need to bring the toys to the store or the just the receipt?

Sureshot22 02-02-2012 02:08 PM

for a return resell you need to have the toy physically there.

gagagalvatron 02-02-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapper6 (Post 405696)
WHAT???? I can understand excluding Kre-O and Clearance items, but why exclude the Deluxe figures? Those are basically the bread and butter of the TF toyline at this time, with Scouts gone and Cyberverse and other figures mostly low stock to none left after the Christmas/Early January Clear Out.

You just answered your own question. They sell well enough at MSRP that they don't need to put them on sale.

However, it bears pointing out that sometimes the sales include Deluxes anyway, no matter what the ad says. The last time TRU ran this sale, Deluxes were excluded in the ad and on sale in the stores.

Whisky Tango Foxtrot 02-02-2012 03:23 PM

Re: Toys R Us Canada 30% off Transformers Sale

Actually, Deluxes tend to get their own sales. The last TRU sale excluded Deluxes, but the sale immediately before it was Deluxe-only and there was some overlap.

Ozrein 02-02-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autobot Meister (Post 405712)
Great. Do I physically need to bring the toys to the store or the just the receipt?

Just the receipt for a price adjustment.

Pascal 02-02-2012 05:09 PM

Dang, I was hoping to pick up some Kre-O sets on sale.

Cpl. Chrissandwich 02-02-2012 05:38 PM

Umm im pretty sure deluxes are on it, I saw the flyer in my tru is it show case a deluxe dotm bb and prime starscream...

Autobot Meister 02-02-2012 06:16 PM

The problem is that there are no FE Prime toys left to buy. Do you know if the stores are scheduled to receive a new shipment of FE Prime toys?

Benzo 02-02-2012 07:18 PM

I don't want to get anyones hopes up but the deluxe figures may go on sale too. just not advertised.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...zo/photo-2.jpg

Bruticus82 02-02-2012 07:38 PM

They keep excluding clearance items. I know that's probably standard but when shelfwarming HFTD deluxes on clearance at my local TRU are more costly than sale-priced new product, well, I'm sure you can see the problem

Mike 02-02-2012 08:06 PM

what? I was just in there today and bought Leader Sentinel Prime for $59.99, can I go back with my receipt and still get the 30% off? If I had have known sooner, I would have just waited till tomorrow to buy him

ryceball89 02-02-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike (Post 405810)
what? I was just in there today and bought Leader Sentinel Prime for $59.99, can I go back with my receipt and still get the 30% off? If I had have known sooner, I would have just waited till tomorrow to buy him

Pretty sure you can get it adjusted if you go back with your receipt :) I did it a couple weeks back! It's fun getting money back so you can spend more of it on plastic toys!

Ozrein 02-02-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike (Post 405810)

You're better off having picked it up today and get price adjusted tomorrow. Tomorrow the product may have sold.

Bountyan 02-02-2012 09:03 PM

Ima stop by TRU tomorrow when I go to see Chronicle.

ang3l3s 02-02-2012 09:03 PM

I just rechecked the flyer and it clearly says no deluxes ofr clearance items, DAMN!!

vohkuhl 02-02-2012 10:46 PM

I suggest you try at least, you may never know and that image Benzo posted...

Mike 02-02-2012 11:03 PM

ima bring my receipt in tomorrow and try at least, can't hurt :)

I want 20 bucks back!

Undrave 02-03-2012 01:48 PM

I'm gonna go try to get adjustement for those voyagers I bought last sunday. Maybe get something else with that money.

So the only FE toy I'm lacking is Bumblebee... I don't particularly like Bumblebee but the idea of having a full line up is tempting XD you guys think I should say 'screw it!' and grab him anyway?

Whisky Tango Foxtrot 02-03-2012 01:55 PM

I'd originally decided to skip FE Bumblebee and get his RiD version instead, but recently picked him up due to a) wanting to get the Hot Shot redeco of the RiD mould without buying the same toy twice and b) after seeing some pictures of the RiD version there's some aspects of him I don't like (like the prominent hinge under his head.)

gagagalvatron 02-03-2012 02:57 PM

Well, at my local TRU, Deluxes are not on sale.

Shame, too, as they had Prime Deluxes and a huge restock of the DOTM Air Raid wave.

Alexander Quinn 02-03-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undrave (Post 406014)
So the only FE toy I'm lacking is Bumblebee... I don't particularly like Bumblebee but the idea of having a full line up is tempting XD you guys think I should say 'screw it!' and grab him anyway?

When he's on sale for $10 or less, grab him. At full price, he just isn't worth it. The chest is a pain in the but, the arms are weird and honestly, his alt mode paint apps just look off, but for $10 or less, he's good enough if you want a Prime version of the character. He's the worst of the FE Deluxes, IMO, but still better than the best DOTM Deluxe, if that helps.

Benzo 02-03-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzo (Post 405795)
I don't want to get anyones hopes up but the deluxe figures may go on sale too. just not advertised.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...zo/photo-2.jpg

deluxes are not on sale. the tags where put up in error.

Autobot Strider 02-03-2012 04:42 PM

For anyone wondering, I picked up a FE Voyager Prime from the local TRU on the 28th of January, brought the receipt into the store today and got $10 back. They do price adjustments up to 14 days and you don't need the product, just the receipt. I even went into a different TRU to get the adjustment and they honored it.

The only thing that sucks - the money went back onto my credit card instead of being cash in hand... so it's much harder convincing my wife to look at this as an opportunity to get another Transformer rather than a savings of $10... Doesn't mean I won't try though! ;-)

Ozrein 02-03-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autobot Strider (Post 406069)
For anyone wondering, I picked up a FE Voyager Prime from the local TRU on the 28th of January, brought the receipt into the store today and got $10 back. They do price adjustments up to 14 days and you don't need the product, just the receipt. I even went into a different TRU to get the adjustment and they honored it.

The only thing that sucks - the money went back onto my credit card instead of being cash in hand... so it's much harder convincing my wife to look at this as an opportunity to get another Transformer rather than a savings of $10... Doesn't mean I won't try though! ;-)

Buy the other TF with the credit card. :)

Gonna have to pop into TRU on Monday and get a couple price adjustments myself.

Lk3161 02-03-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autobot Strider (Post 406069)

should've told them you want the adjusted amount in a gift card, if they can do that then your credit card statement won't show any refunds and your wife won't know a thing

Prime Sinister 02-03-2012 06:15 PM

I have to try that

Requateer 02-03-2012 11:01 PM

So, of COURSE it turns out I was only 2 days short of the Price Adjustment range on a Prime Bulkhead. Being so close to the sale makes me really wanna try a return-rebuy. Is there a certain way I'm supposed to approach Customer service about it? Am I going to get any resistance/flak from them for trying?

transforminator 02-03-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requateer (Post 406153)
So, of COURSE it turns out I was only 2 days short of the Price Adjustment range on a Prime Bulkhead. Being so close to the sale makes me really wanna try a return-rebuy. Is there a certain way I'm supposed to approach Customer service about it? Am I going to get any resistance/flak from them for trying?

considering its FE BULKHEAD..... i think the hassle of taking such a risk to save a few bucks isnt worth it....cause its bulkhead... :)

Bruticus82 02-03-2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requateer (Post 406153)

You might get some attitude, but just be up front. That figure is on sale now, and you paid full price for it X days ago, you understand that's outside of their price adjustment period, so you want to return and rebuy it.

They should be able to process both right there at the customer service desk.

chuchupika 02-03-2012 11:36 PM

I think TRU timed it like this. They know their prime series is a hit. So they time it so you are outside the adjustment period.

Imagine, if you refund it to the store. Then some other customer realizes it's a Bulkhead. When you finish returning it and to repurchase, I think the other customer has the right to ask if they can buy it instead. Since it's own by the store instead of the original owner. For 10 bucks savings, it's not worth it. Considering how rare a Bulkhead is.

Like the other thread, here is only 14xx Bulkhead in all of Canada somewhere in a warehouse. Not even enough to satisfy a small city in Canada.

Bruticus82 02-03-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuchupika (Post 406158)
I think TRU timed it like this. They know their prime series is a hit. So they time it so you are outside the adjustment period.

Imagine, if you refund it to the store. Then some other customer realizes it's a Bulkhead. When you finish returning it and to repurchase, I think the other customer has the right to ask if they can buy it instead. Since it's own by the store instead of the original owner. For 10 bucks savings, it's not worth it. Considering how rare a Bulkhead is.

Like the other thread, here is only 14xx Bulkhead in all of Canada somewhere in a warehouse. Not even enough to satisfy a small city in Canada.

If you're standing at the customer service desk, and returning with the stated purpose of rebuying, I don't think anyone else can walk up and, watching you do this, demand to purchase it instead.

If they did, and the store let them, I would punch two people...