Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   CW advice (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=60192)

there_is_a_martens 07-14-2015 11:34 AM

CW advice

Hello fellow collectors, I would like to pick your brain. I'm wondering if it is worth my time (and money) to build Defensor. I already own hot spot and I have an inside track on acquiring his limbs, but I'm wondering if it is worth it. I love superion but wasn't a huge fan of menasor and ended up selling him. So what do you think, those of you who may already own the protectobot gestalt? Is he a must-get, or an easy pass?

Jones 07-14-2015 11:53 AM

Re: CW advice

Quote:

Originally Posted by there_is_a_martens (Post 649983)
Hello fellow collectors, I would like to pick your brain. I'm wondering if it is worth my time (and money) to build Defensor. I already own hot spot and I have an inside track on acquiring his limbs, but I'm wondering if it is worth it. I love superion but wasn't a huge fan of menasor and ended up selling him. So what do you think, those of you who may already own the protectobot gestalt? Is he a must-get, or an easy pass?

Defensor has none of the failings of Menasor. Of the three, I think I dig his combined mode the best. I'd say complete him. Don't think you'll be disappointed.

wervenom 07-14-2015 11:58 AM

To be honest I like all 3 released so far. Superion is the best looking one IMO but I would say complete Defensor

Tonestar 07-14-2015 12:02 PM

Complete Defensor, you won't be sorry...I know I'm not.

Marcotron 07-14-2015 12:10 PM

I have Superion (with alpha bravo) he is awesome.
I passed on Menasor after buying the red optimus. The legs just aren't very good for posing of any kind. Maybe I'll get some of the g1 cast retools next year for him.
I just got hotspot last night, and he is a very cool chest piece for the protectobot team. I will totally be getting the limbs for him.

side note: anyone want to buy my GDO hotspot? pm me with an offer. thanks!

RNSrobot 07-14-2015 12:34 PM

I keep going back and forth. I don't want/need to buy every cw toy. I got First Aid because he's awesome in the comics. Streetwise looked cooler than I anticipated, so bought him. Whenever groove gets his NA limited release I will probably get him... Leaving me with 3/5 of defensor. :P

pandaprime 07-14-2015 12:38 PM

he would be a must-get if they release a deluxe giant- motorcycle Groove :) the legend size doesn't cut it.

Jeem 07-14-2015 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pandaprime (Post 650001)
he would be a must-get if they release a deluxe giant- motorcycle Groove :) the legend size doesn't cut it.

Word on deluxe Grooves. I am getting him cuz I can't afford the 3rd party ones.

Sun Swipe Prime 07-14-2015 02:07 PM

If you don't finish it then you won't ever get to do the Groovy crotch plate mode. Gives a whole new meaning to burning rubber.

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/attac...8&d=1435650882

Rodimus Prime1 07-14-2015 02:28 PM

I don't own any CW, but from what I have seen, I would rate Sup and Def as must haves and the best, I think I would get Men to complete the set though.

I have all 3P's though, so I have no need for them.

Hope this helps