Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers Customs and Artwork (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Matrix_Holders custom corner (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=17116)

Matrix_Holder 10-05-2009 01:57 AM

Re: Matrix_Holders custom corner

Started to do some work on ROTF Bruticus Maximus to make him more G1.
I am customizing ROTF Fireflight into Blast-off.
I detached the nosecone section from the armada "lego" starscream figure and using some scrap vinal siding made a landing gear that plugs into the lego holes underneath and is held in place by locking the legs together around the landing gear.
I also placed a peg into the back of the nosecone so it attaches to the minicon port on the left arm of onslaught and the hole on the right side when transforming into brutemax, to attach brutemax's chest plate. The fists of G1 briticus fits in the holes on the bottom of new blastoffs cockpit foot.

Matrix_Holder 10-05-2009 02:12 AM

3 Attachment(s)
here are some WIP pics

Matrix_Holder 10-05-2009 02:17 AM

4 Attachment(s)
pics of blast off attached and chest plate

Matrix_Holder 10-05-2009 02:21 AM

6 Attachment(s)
I wanted to find a way to have a fist instead of the orange claw when the tanks are arms. using lego and scrap vinal siding I fashioned a wrist of sorts that plugs into the tabs on the tank and fists. thinking of making an ankle of some kind to help with poseablility for both the tank and helicopterlegs .

Matrix_Holder 10-05-2009 02:28 AM

4 Attachment(s)
more pics of blast off tank as an arm and an alternate leg mode for the tanks to improve on poseabililty.

Matrix_Holder 10-05-2009 02:42 AM

4 Attachment(s)
The leftover "onslaught" from the ROTF set, I am making Motormaster since that's how hasbro painted him anyways, lol.
I painted "onslaughts" head black and purple like motormasters. I made a "helmet" from vinal siding scraps.

Matrix_Holder 10-05-2009 02:45 AM

4 Attachment(s)
pics of the helmet on motormaster.

Matrix_Holder 10-05-2009 03:12 AM

"Great stuff, I love the Fort Max:)"
"The Fort Max. Pure sex. I want one =P"

Thanks bots. When you post customs that you've worked on, you never know how people will respond.
Of all my projects fort max is my favourite. I's still working on him, he is on my classics/universe autobot shelf right now, will post a pic later...looks pretty good towering over the autobots. why cant hasbro make one for us, some slight retooling of metroplex and here is $90.00 figure they could sell. come on hasbro please help a bot out.

JLvatron 10-05-2009 01:08 PM

Much awesomeness!! :)
Love the Motormaster helmet. A significant moral improvement from the Princess Leia ears.

So how does the vinyl siding work?

Sun Swipe Prime 10-05-2009 02:25 PM

Yeah that motormaster helmet idea is pretty cool. I'm taking a second look at "Onslaught" right now and yeah, the basic shape of the bot really does look like the cartoon motormaster. Didn't really see it at first. I image that the helmet helps to hide his head in alt mold? Come to think of it, if you drop his legs down in alt mode so the waist is in the same positon as it is in bot mode, you can make it sort of look a little more like a truck cab just need to add some wheels.