Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Henkei or Universe? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9013)

protoform_ironhide 07-14-2008 03:51 PM

Henkei or Universe?

Hey guys! It seems like the classics are very popular! At least worth collect more than the movie and animated line. I still haven't get any universe yet. Prowl's paint job is aweful! But I know universe is almost half price of Henkei. I am still considering which ones I should buy, Henkei? Universe? Henkei? Universe? I can only afford either one! Just too hard to decide!! Which ones do you guys prefer?

pud333 07-14-2008 03:56 PM

Re: Henkei or Universe?

If you can afford it, I'd go with Henkei. I prefer the g1 accurate paint jobs.

Optimus_Prime 07-14-2008 03:59 PM

I also prefer the Henkei paint jobs, but with the price, and the fact that I already collected the Hasbro Classics, I'm going to stick with the Universe line.

Haggis 07-14-2008 04:01 PM

I'll be getting teh classic thou henkei powerdive i might splerg for

Pascal 07-14-2008 04:11 PM

I changed all my Classics 1.0 for the Henkei versions, not sure what I'm going to do with Classics 2.0...

Vangelus 07-14-2008 04:18 PM

I say pick and choose. :D

Personally I've found Henkei disappointing, mostly due to the chrome use. It's not my thing at all, and the only Henkei toy I've purchased had a scar on the chrome within about 2 minutes, and I was using the magic Vangefingers babytouch. :(

QuadESL63 07-14-2008 05:05 PM

Henkei Powerglide for sure since Hasbro decided to paint him white :mad: May be Henkei Silverbolt as well. The others "Universe/Classic 2.0" Henkei just don't look that big a difference from their Hasbro Universe counterparts from what I have seen so far IMHO so why pay double? I'd rather save it up for the Encore Metroplex (or if they pulled an e-Hobby Metrotitan w/ the Micromaster later :rolleyes:).

For the Classic "1.0" series I have only got Megatron, Grimlock and Astrotrain from the Henkei line. Astrotrain is a must because of the show accurate colors. I don't like the chrome parts on the others, esp. for Henkei Bumblebee, so no thanks. Again, some just don't have enough differences for me to jump on like Prime. I got the Botcon seekers and the Magus + Skywarp combo so I'm not pre-ordering the store special Henkei Skywarp and Thundercracker.

QuadESL63 07-14-2008 05:05 PM

BTW, Henkei Grimlock looks awesome in chromes too: the chrome parts give him a very G1 look. I don't like the silver chrome parts on the chest of Megatron to be honest but the rest of him just look less toy like compare to the Hasbro one.

jourdo 07-14-2008 05:16 PM

Although I like the looks of the paint jobs & chrome of the Henkei, it comes down to the fact that I am generally a cheap-ass. I'm going with Universe. I just cannot justify the price tag at this point (although Powerglide MAY be an exception).

protoform_ironhide 07-14-2008 05:16 PM

I was looking at the Henkei Prime from someone 's photo here...the bumper is sooooo nice with the chrome! I just can't resist it, so I think I am getting it! Not sure about Megatron yet, but the color seems very G1 looking. Astrotain, I don't know, maybe I can still stay with the Hasbro one. The upcoming Rodimus looks awesome, still considering! I guess I will have to wait for the Henkei to come out before I decide if I should get Henkei or Universe? It gives me headache!!