Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How deep are yall willin' to go for a specific figure? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=79074)

TNG 03-07-2020 02:37 AM

How deep are yall willin' to go for a specific figure?

Hello peeps,

So I was just wondering in terms of old-fashioned figure hunting, what's yalls' process? Like how far are yall willin' to go when looking for a figure?

I ask cause 1) I'm curious to hear different methods on how to go about huntin' for figures. 2) I've have seen some people talkin' bout SKUs and straight up talkin' to people at stores such as TRU, WM, etc. So I'm just kinda wonderin' like how effective, actually really more so, which methods are most effective.

QuadESL63 03-07-2020 12:45 PM

Re: How deep are yall willin' to go for a specific figure?

I preorder at Amazon Canada or TRU.ca if possible. If I happened to see something in a B&M store before a preordered item is shipped I simply cancelled that item from my online orders.

I don’t hunt anymore... with spotty and sporadic distribution as of late it is a waste of time and gas/bus fare.

OptimusB38 03-07-2020 12:50 PM

I have to hands down love it to spend a significant amount. I bought Phoenix and he was the most I’ve ever paid...no regrets

Mumps 03-07-2020 01:18 PM

I don't hunt anymore. I check stores if I'm gonna be in the area. That's it. Sometimes friends of mine find stuff and pick it up for me and vice versa. Other times, I just get that shit from Amazon.

imfallenangel 03-07-2020 01:30 PM

I just go and drive to various stores but only at the same time that I have other things to do and pick up, but mostly when I have time and feel like it. Will check various stores, will check with staff if there's some that I really want to find, sometimes ask to check the stock of other stores.

Otherwise, I check the websites TrU/Walmart and sometimes Amazon, but for a while, Aliexpress, and some online stores.

The worst scenario was when I missed Twin Twist out of just sheer dumb luck as I told myself "next time" and poof, all gone everywhere... took me over a year to find one at an acceptable price (but the shipping almost doubled the price) so I ended up paying 3x what I would have if I hadn't hesitated that day.

Sun Swipe Prime 03-07-2020 03:27 PM

Don't hunt anymore. If I really want something, I try to preorder it. Honestly, I find hunting a waste of time and gas. But I don't fear missing out on anything anymore, either. There's always newer and better on it's way out.

I mean I missed out on CW Sky Lynx, and now there's a Commander sized one on its way.

Also in the long run, patience will always yield results. I had pretty much given up on getting TM2 Black Arachnia at a decent price. I had wanted one since it came out, but distribution wasn't so good. Ten years later, I walk into collectibles shop, and there she is sitting in a case for more than a reasonable price.

RNSrobot 03-07-2020 03:57 PM

Phrasing.

DanicusTF(cdn) 03-07-2020 04:48 PM

Until they tell me to stop.

ssjgoku22 03-07-2020 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNSrobot (Post 807152)
Phrasing.

Lol, exactly what I thought:rofl:

1337w422102 03-07-2020 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNSrobot (Post 807152)
Phrasing.

Beat me to it.

I kind of don't, if I'm honest. IF anything I want comes out, I'm just going to assume it's not going to reach my area due to crap distribution and/or exclusivity, and even if it does, it's probably ridiculously overpriced to the point of any interest I have going right out the window.

When Deluxes on sale cost what I used to pay for Voyagers on sale, yeah, I'll just kick in a few bucks more and get a KO MP car instead. So that, I suppose, is how far I'm willing to go -- in another direction entirely.