Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Initial thoughts on MP BW Megatron from HK... (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=75946)

QuadESL63 03-29-2019 12:35 PM

Initial thoughts on MP BW Megatron from HK...

Mine have not been shipped, but I have just gone through some initial reports on the new MP BW Megatron from fellow collectors in Hong Kong:
  • Bot mode looks spot on. Articulations are very good.
  • Transformation is a pita, esp. around the waist where the body/chest/whatever needs to be locked down. Some spots are extremely tight. The official instructions manual doesn’t help.
  • The plastic TakaraTomy picked is subpar at best for the price. Very easy to leave stress marks.

Take it as a grain of salt if you wanted. From what I have gathered TakaraTomy has not delivered the goods w.r.t. the price point. I am seriously thinking about a last minute cancellation and wait for more conclusive and thorough reviews.

Pascal 03-29-2019 12:47 PM

Re: Initial thoughts on MP BW Megatron from HK...

I bet the concerns regarding materials = someone confusing thin panels (by design) with cheap plastics.

xueyue2 03-29-2019 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 784212)
I bet the concerns regarding materials = someone confusing thin panels (by design) with cheap plastics.

Check this thread, Pascal.
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/6084269160
From the pic you can see maybe the plastic is kind of cheap, or too thin.

Pascal 03-29-2019 01:42 PM

Or maybe it was thin and forced...

joelones 03-29-2019 02:14 PM

Takara seems to be faltering now as I feel as though the added complexity of designs and engineering could simply be a justification for the recent price increase. I mean, you need to convince the market that they're still getting their money's worth, no? I'm not saying this is entirely the case but at these higher prices there's zero reason for the typical QC or sub-par plastic issues.

TRUCKvsGUN 03-29-2019 02:23 PM

Personally, I prefer to get my toy reviews from someone who has handled one in person.

ssjgoku22 03-29-2019 04:08 PM

What's surprising is that no one has reviewed it yet and it's so close to the release. Usually Bens Collectables is one of the first reviewers to review Transformers, but nothing yet. Probably Takara being cautious about KO company stealing the mold (which is probably going to happen anyways as we are currently seeing with Dinobot).

wervenom 03-29-2019 04:19 PM

QuadESL63 03-29-2019 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRUCKvsGUN (Post 784219)
Personally, I prefer to get my toy reviews from someone who has handled one in person.

Well, I didn’t say I have first hand experience with it as says in my title and what not, just referenced others’ thoughts online. Like I said you can take it as a grain of salt. But...

Quote:

Originally Posted by wervenom (Post 784230)

... this is what I have been read online earlier today, hot off the press from Hong Kong. Just a heads up for peeps like me who has preordered.

OptimusB38 03-29-2019 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRUCKvsGUN (Post 784219)

Quote:

Originally Posted by joelones (Post 784217)
Takara seems to be faltering now as I feel as though the added complexity of designs and engineering could simply be a justification for the recent price increase. I mean, you need to convince the market that they're still getting their money's worth, no? I'm not saying this is entirely the case but at these higher prices there's zero reason for the typical QC or sub-par plastic issues.

Spot on