Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   TFcon Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   tfcon staff guys: give us the rest of the story re: garrison... (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=41646)

bedtime 07-30-2012 06:57 PM

tfcon staff guys: give us the rest of the story re: garrison...

so last years exclusive we knew way beforehand that stronghold was meant to go with onslaught and even had a demo on how to paint it to match better... this years wasnt very clear at all... the comic shows one of the heads goes with hosehead, but the other head got no love and there was no one explaining who "cortex" was supposed to be. anyone wanna chime in and fill in the blanks here?

DestronDecepticon23 07-30-2012 07:13 PM

Re: tfcon staff guys: give us the rest of the story re: garrison...

I'd like to know as well. I wasn't sure for either heads.

Matrix_Holder 07-30-2012 07:16 PM

I was wondering about that myself.

bedtime 07-30-2012 07:38 PM

knowing daniel he has it all worked out... whenever he sees this thread i'm sure he'll explain it.

Protoman 07-30-2012 09:30 PM

If you have the comic....... look carefully at the colors on Garrison before and AFTER the attempt at a Pretender transformation. All will be clear (also the bio links it)

down_shift 07-30-2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Protoman (Post 445927)
If you have the comic....... look carefully at the colors on Garrison before and AFTER the attempt at a Pretender transformation. All will be clear (also the bio links it)

No offense, but "looking carefully" isn't the answer I think a lot of people are looking for.

I have to agree, it seemed just thrown in there.

Sureshot22 07-30-2012 09:41 PM

i didnt get garrison and havent had a chance to read the comic yet but i just love when king douche chimes in (/\/\) so ill help bump this. ;)

zuffyprime 07-30-2012 09:44 PM

daniel, you're the god of all things "transformers knowledge":bow: but I think some of us need things a bit "simpler" bro. :(

we should show everyone (including me!) what (easily accessible) classics body he goes on, and show us the paint apps. (Hosehead is not easily accessible for most fans).

I think it will generate so much more interest in the figure the way it did for Stronghold.

As somebody who just saw the US release of the Transformers cartoon show... they bio was way over my head. A robot pretender shell?
Masterforce? Two heads??

I'm sure that someone who has that deeper level of transormers knowledge will totally appreciate all the subtle hints, and will be totally stoked, cuz I know how much time and effort you put into the bio, but for the casual fan, we wont get the subtleties :)

Just want to make sure all of us can enjoy all the little references and tidbits of goodness you but in there buddy,
cheers:highfive:

jourdo 07-30-2012 09:44 PM

I still have not read the comic. Maybe I should do that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sureshot22 (Post 445933)
i didnt get garrison and havent had a chance to read the comic yet but i just love when king douche chimes in (/\/\) so ill help bump this. ;)

Why are you bumping it? He just posted not that long ago. Jerk! :P

Limitbreaker 07-30-2012 09:45 PM

Is it Grand Maximus?
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Grand_Maximus

-lil brother of Fort Max (Stronghold)
-has a pretender shell and 2 transtector bodies (Grand the Cerebros repaint, and Grand Maximus)