Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers Customs and Artwork (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Heavy Mods & Scratchbuilds Mega-Prime 316's METROPLEX (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=41375)

Mega-Prime 316 07-21-2012 10:36 AM

Mega-Prime 316's METROPLEX

34 Attachment(s)
Hey guys!
I was sitting around looking at my collection awhile ago and was wishing that the G1 Metroplex that I had was not such a brick figure. We all know that it has virtually no articulation what so ever. Then I looked at my Cybertron Metroplex. He had some pretty good articulation, but didn't really look very much like the G1 version at all. So I got to thinking what would a figure look like if I blended these 2 base figures into one.

Primarily it would need to be G1-esque, and still keep the 3 transformations. The base mode, the mobile land assault mode, and of course Metroplex robot mode! So after looking and planning, I found one of each of the Metroplex, one on Ebay the other on kijiji. Both were missing parts, but once I started blending them together, I was able to exchange some "left over" parts and mod them into the missing parts. For example the shin guards are the outter halves of the G1 shoulders.

I also thought that I should try to make Metroplex's little buddies aswell. So I took Cybertron Clocker and repainted him into Scammper and I found an old Hotwheels tank and repainted it into Slammer. I didn't find a good sub for Sixgun. :(

So anyway enough rambling. Here are some pics I took!

Jove 07-21-2012 10:59 AM

Re: Mega-Prime 316's METROPLEX

I like it. I have often wished that my Metroplex (and the rest of my G1 brickbots) had decent articulation. Kudos to you for tackling this project.

I particularly like the explanation of the process. Brief, but give us enough info as to what parts went into it. I enjoy finding out how things were done, almost as much as admiring the finished product.

Commandoclone87 07-21-2012 11:04 AM

This just looks so good. With Metroplex getting some attention in Fall of Cybertron, I really want Hasbro to release a new toy for him.

Ultra Maverick 07-21-2012 01:03 PM

Looks pretty damn fine

great work

Sun Swipe Prime 07-21-2012 03:05 PM

If that was a retail release at TRU, I'd kick over an old lady and her grand kid just to get to it first.

Echotransformer 07-21-2012 06:47 PM

The new proportions are great...would love to see it pictured next to other large bots!

Is Trypty-baby next?

Stapler 07-21-2012 08:47 PM

Dude! He's huge! Great work, bud! :)

Dischord 07-21-2012 09:36 PM

The proportions are vastly improved, and it looks fine in all three modes. Wonderful stuff.

JonoPrime 07-22-2012 09:32 AM

Daaaaaaaaaamn! Love it :)

Mega-Prime 316 07-24-2012 08:48 AM

Thanks guys for the kind words!

Someone asked me for a parts list, so here is a brief list..
G1 Metroplex, Cybertron Metroplex, Energon Megatron's shoulder cannons, Cybertron Optimus Prime's backpack Cannon, KO Gundam guns, Reprolables Metroplex upgrade sticker set, various paint, screws, and magnets. I think thats about it. :D