Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   MMC - MP Skylinx Debuts at TFCon (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=73167)

Poflymn 07-14-2018 02:11 PM

MMC - MP Skylinx Debuts at TFCon

As the title says. MMC announced their MP Skylinx at TF Con. Here is the TFW2005 link for pictures....

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/thread...-linx.1156104/

MitchPoer 07-14-2018 04:05 PM

Re: MMC - MP Skylinx Debuts at TFCon

Wow!! That thing is so awesome...big...and surely crazy expensive.

Lioconvoy81 07-14-2018 04:45 PM

I’d love a good 3P leader-class CHUG Skylynx.

I have no use for a MP version.

wervenom 07-14-2018 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lioconvoy81 (Post 765641)
I’d love a good 3P leader-class CHUG Skylynx.

I have no use for a MP version.

He is more CHUG when I saw it in person. Big yes but too small for MP

theoneyouknowleast 07-14-2018 08:08 PM

Almost as big a titan class combiner from what I saw. So more chug scale.

GotBot 07-14-2018 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wervenom (Post 765654)
He is more CHUG when I saw it in person. Big yes but too small for MP

How is this huge thing too small for MP? Based on the cartoon, the robot mode wasn't quite THAT huge compared to other bots. Besides, this is MMC right? Unless it is in the reformatted line it falls under their MP style, doesn't It? Maybe I'm mistaken?

Quote:

Originally Posted by theoneyouknowleast (Post 765664)
Almost as big a titan class combiner from what I saw. So more chug scale.

Sky Lynx as big as a titan class combiner? Yikes, but that isn't CHUG scale though. How big do folks remember Sky Lynx as being Lol? I could see a leader (though I'm cool with the voyager to be honest). He might be too small for some for MP (though I think he definitely is) but I would say grossly oversized for CHUG.

Maybe he doesn't quite fit in anywhere....or maybe everywhere, depending on your sensibilities. Either way, he is impressive if you are that interested in Sky Lynx. I must admit though, I shudder to think of the price.

wervenom 07-14-2018 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GotBot (Post 765674)
How is this huge thing too small for MP? Based on the cartoon, the robot mode wasn't quite THAT huge compared to other bots. Besides, this is MMC right? Unless it is in the reformatted line it falls under their MP style, doesn't It? Maybe I'm mistaken?

Maybe he doesn't quite fit in anywhere....or maybe everywhere, depending on your sensibilities. Either way, he is impressive if you are that interested in Sky Lynx. I must admit though, I shudder to think of the price.

The combined mode of Skylynx should be able to come up to the lion chest of Predaking IMO. Now without actually having anything there for scale and based on memory he didn't hit that height of the OS KO Feral Rex nor the POTP Predaking (which I would not consider CHUG scale) He may fit in the middle but I would say if he is MP he's on the small side. Now granted it's not like the cartoon was ever consistent when he nor anyone else was drawn for scale

Oreobuilder 07-14-2018 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GotBot (Post 765674)

The card in the display says that he will be released in their Reformatted line, so CHUG. According to something I read on Facebook, the MMC rep basically said something along the lines of "it is reformatted, but it will be big, so people can use it for MP if they want".

Regardless of the size, the esthetic is CHUG in my opinion. It lacks the clean lines of MP. YMMV :)

OB

GotBot 07-15-2018 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wervenom (Post 765676)
The combined mode of Skylynx should be able to come up to the lion chest of Predaking IMO. Now without actually having anything there for scale and based on memory he didn't hit that height of the OS KO Feral Rex nor the POTP Predaking (which I would not consider CHUG scale) He may fit in the middle but I would say if he is MP he's on the small side. Now granted it's not like the cartoon was ever consistent when he nor anyone else was drawn for scale

True, especially about season three. I think when I hear titan the first thought that comes to mind is for as big as Sky Lynx probably could be, he isn't close to Trypticon and Metroplex. I dunno, Sky Lynx is a weird character. Maybe along side size comparisons would help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oreobuilder (Post 765677)
The card in the display says that he will be released in their Reformatted line, so CHUG. According to something I read on Facebook, the MMC rep basically said something along the lines of "it is reformatted, but it will be big, so people can use it for MP if they want".

Regardless of the size, the esthetic is CHUG in my opinion. It lacks the clean lines of MP. YMMV :)

OB

Oh, he is the reformatted line? Well, heck, that clears it up then. Regardless for what I thought, MMC seems to regard Reformatted as CHUG. I dunno, I feel like I need to see more and a price tag.

Longshot 07-15-2018 07:58 AM

I. Want. This. Yesterday! Take my money NAOW! This a must buy, no discussions, "sorry hon, the kids can make their own way through university"...