Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   $70 G1 Optimus (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=75353)

Zenith27 01-29-2019 12:06 AM

$70 G1 Optimus

Anyone seriously considering paying $70 for cab-only prime in a pretty box?

I got one of those die-cast Metals Die Cast ones for like $15.

I like to think I'm a bit of a completionist but I really can't see ever going for this.

Thoughts?

ssjgoku22 01-29-2019 12:23 AM

Re: $70 G1 Optimus

The price is pretty outrageous. I don't quite see the point of getting it either. It's purely for nostalgia if it's something you want, but at that price? I preordered MP-44, so I'll save my money for that (was also thinking about getting a Magic Square Prime or the Transform Element one, we'll see).

big dawg 01-29-2019 12:41 AM

I’m gonna buy it...

79transam 01-29-2019 12:44 AM

I just ordered every one I could from Wal-Marts website this afternoon. I'm reselling them for 125 plus shipping. Finally I got these well ahead of the mob.

ssjgoku22 01-29-2019 12:51 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zenith27 (Post 780629)
Anyone seriously considering paying $70 for cab-only prime in a pretty box?

I got one of those die-cast Metals Die Cast ones for like $15.

I like to think I'm a bit of a completionist but I really can't see ever going for this.

Thoughts?

I actually got this in the mail today and it's a much better piece in my opinion:

Hot Soldiers Supreme Commander (ie oversized Legends Optimus Prime)

It comes with everything that MP-10 has (including a trailer) and costs only $55, shipping included (I purchased it from Show Z Store). The figure is fully posable as well

It also came with a bonus blue Energon Axe, blue Matrix and Autobot decals for Prime's shoulders. You really can't go wrong with this (and check out that box art).

ironhide_warmachine 01-29-2019 02:04 AM

Came here thinking you wanted to sell a G1 Optimus for $70. Got me curious for a bit, thinking if it was a vintage or older reissue.

alternatorfan 01-29-2019 03:16 AM

I'm gonna buy 10 and resell for $200 each no trailer.
Steal of a deal
Lol

canprime 01-29-2019 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alternatorfan (Post 780642)
I'm gonna buy 10 and resell for $200 each no trailer.
Steal of a deal
Lol

Sorry but I'm going to have to undercut you.

I will sell for $199.99!!!!! Beat that!!

Seriously though, I can't see justifying that price to myself. I already hate the price I paid for Hot Rod, so almost double for Prime without a trailer? No thanks.

It will be interesting to see if these become shelf warmers. I think this item might prove to be a litmus test for just how popular Optimus Prime is in general. It is an incomplete version of G1 Prime (no trailer), with a hefty "premium" price. Unless they really underproduced this item I can't imagine it selling very fast. Except if scalpers get crazy and think there is a value to this that they can get a return on in the future.

FreakNasty 01-29-2019 08:22 AM

I'm more curious how much Soundwave will be selling for...

imfallenangel 01-29-2019 08:51 AM

I feel the same... especially without the trailer, I don't even understand why anyone would buy it aside nostalgia.

I was never a huge fan of the G1 that had no articulations, so I prefer the later versions of the Generations line, even though I will say that I would prefer more metal and less emptiness syndrome.

I have a G1 OP (missing all parts such as hands and trailer, etc.) but I can use with the G1 Ultra Magnus "armour" (also missing lots of parts) and when I place it next to any of my other "modern" OP, the G1 feels like a brick that doesn't look even right anymore, not when you have a cartoon accurate, fully poseable version, The rig "alt" mode is it's saving grace as it does look the best.

So, will it sell, I believe so as there's a few members that already stated to want him, or already did get him...

When it comes to price, it's been a funny trip down the road in here lately where many have stated how these prices are crazy, but how the desire to get the figures wins out, *sadly, I'm one of them for the Siege line, but it's also a case that it's probably the last line I get and only might get a few random ones afterwards), and then there's the ones that support and enjoy the prices increases.