Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers Feedback and Reviews (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Transformers Prime-Predacon Rising (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=49490)

shockwave555 09-15-2013 02:36 PM

Transformers Prime-Predacon Rising

Tonestar 09-15-2013 03:56 PM

Re: Transformers Prime-Predacon Rising

Thanks for the link. I just finished watching it and I have to say it was better than I thought it would be. Good way to conclude the series and for the record I thought they should have gone with Unitron...it sounds better than Megacron IMHO.

Nightscrabbler 09-15-2013 04:54 PM

That was definitely more interesting than I expected, but also had so many plotlines that it didn't make a whole lot of sense. I think bringing the Allspark into it wasn't a good idea. The 'rules' for what's possible in this storyline seem like they get made up on the fly. Unicron's spark was destroyed and Megatron's spark was destroyed, but because Megatron had dark energon in him and Primus was awakened, Unicron was able to revive Megatron's body? And Primus was awakened, but the Allspark was needed for Cybertron to be able to create new life again? Then they trap Unicron's "energy" in the Allspark container and that allowed Megatron to be free and turn to good? Just too many convoluted magical things going on for my liking. In hindsight, Beast Machines did a better job with its ending.

UltraPrimal 09-15-2013 04:55 PM

I believe they missed the opportunity to throw in a G1 nod. When Unicron/Megatron came flying in and met Starscream and Shockwave, Starscream should have said, "Megatron, is that you?" And Unicron/Megatron should have said, " Here's a hint!" WHACK! :D

Undrave 09-15-2013 04:56 PM

Did Shockwave and Starscream hide...in the ruins of Six Laser over Cybertron?! o.o

Nightscrabbler 09-15-2013 05:03 PM

At least they did the whole story without Earth/humans.

UltraPrimal 09-15-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonestar (Post 535448)
Thanks for the link. I just finished watching it and I have to say it was better than I thought it would be. Good way to conclude the series and for the record I thought they should have gone with Unitron...it sounds better than Megacron IMHO.

If you take good look at his colors in the movie, he's sporting some purple and orange he didn't have before. So I'm more inclined to say he's Galvatron more than anything. Though, if the next series is some loose continuation of Prime, I can see why calling him Galvatron could cause trouble for younger fans just starting with that series. "I only know Megatron! Who's this Galvatron?" But then again, Prime being dead causes an even bigger conundrum. :rolleyes:

Dragon Knight 09-15-2013 05:51 PM

Best part had to have been Smokescreen on megatron's throne and his reaction to his entrance.:p

Undrave 09-15-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltraPrimal (Post 535464)
If you take good look at his colors in the movie, he's sporting some purple and orange he didn't have before. So I'm more inclined to say he's Galvatron more than anything. Though, if the next series is some loose continuation of Prime, I can see why calling him Galvatron could cause trouble for younger fans just starting with that series. "I only know Megatron! Who's this Galvatron?" But then again, Prime being dead causes an even bigger conundrum. :rolleyes:

I'm totally down with Bumblebee as the leader. The moment Bumblebee began talking he became an interesting character. If they insist on shoving hives of Bumblebee toys down our throat they should at least make the character compelling!

Bruticus82 09-15-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltraPrimal (Post 535459)
I believe they missed the opportunity to throw in a G1 nod. When Unicron/Megatron came flying in and met Starscream and Shockwave, Starscream should have said, "Megatron, is that you?" And Unicron/Megatron should have said, " Here's a hint!" WHACK! :D

That would have been nice. :)