Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Walmart Generation 1 reissue Starscream out in Canada (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=73327)

GotBot 07-27-2018 07:59 PM

Re: Walmart G1 reissue Starscream is out

Quote:

Originally Posted by predahank (Post 767392)
For the minibots its on a peg with reversed price tag so basically blank white. I've seen that at 3 different stores so I guess they didn't bother making a tag for them.

Thanks, noted, but doesn't look like there is a place for them. Mind you, 3 of ours are in upheaval a bit as they are all transitioning to supercentres

predahank 07-27-2018 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GotBot (Post 767401)
Thanks, noted, but doesn't look like there is a place for them. Mind you, 3 of ours are in upheaval a bit as they are all transitioning to supercentres

At least if you see the blank tag then you know it came and gone. The toy dept person told me that there were no restocks coming according to the system so potentially it could be a one off shipment. Just speculation of course, so take it for what it is.

Pgianos 07-27-2018 08:19 PM

if you do not have this mold by now...

predahank 07-27-2018 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pgianos (Post 767406)
if you do not have this mold by now...

I think its more about the nostalgic packaging....

Collectingtoys 07-27-2018 10:47 PM

$50 for a Generation 1 Starscream, 4 of these are almost as much as Predaking, wowzers.

How much was Starscream when he was first released back in 1984 out of curiosity? Yes, I know we do have to factor in cost of living increases.

MapleMegatron 07-28-2018 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by predahank (Post 767392)
For the minibots its on a peg with reversed price tag so basically blank white. I've seen that at 3 different stores so I guess they didn't bother making a tag for them.

They did make a tag, and on it is written legion bumblebee, for 11.97

steamwhistle 07-28-2018 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Collectingtoys (Post 767430)
$50 for a Generation 1 Starscream, 4 of these are almost as much as Predaking, wowzers.

How much was Starscream when he was first released back in 1984 out of curiosity? Yes, I know we do have to factor in cost of living increases.

I remember in the 1980's the lowest price I saw for a seeker was $13.99 plus tax. Typical price might have been $17.99. I sure there's a Sears catalogue or Consumers Distributing catalogue image available online somewhere.

predahank 07-28-2018 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MapleMegatron (Post 767456)
They did make a tag, and on it is written legion bumblebee, for 11.97

I guess they're just lazy about it over on the left coast then

steamwhistle 07-28-2018 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by predahank (Post 767415)
I think its more about the nostalgic packaging....

Yes. I love the nostalgic packaging, but I already have the seekers from the previous Commemorative Series reissue; I will likely skip this current reIssue, especially at $50 a pop. Maybe with a good sale or coupon...

predahank 07-28-2018 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steamwhistle (Post 767473)
Yes. I love the nostalgic packaging, but I already have the seekers from the previous Commemorative Series reissue; I will likely skip this current reIssue, especially at $50 a pop. Maybe with a good sale or coupon...

I do agree that $50 is a little steep considering the conehead 3 pack went on sale for $40 at one point.
I think $30-$40 would hit the sweet spot as far as pricing. Maybe they'll shelfwarm at $50