Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Flight stand for Siege Jetfire? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=77023)

cr3d1t 07-22-2019 09:50 PM

Flight stand for Siege Jetfire?

Anybody got an idea of which flight stands would be sturdy enough to hold up Jetfire in jet mode? He's a pretty big boy. He's got a 5mm port at the bottom.

General Tekno 07-23-2019 12:03 AM

Re: Flight stand for Siege Jetfire?

Heh; was just wondering this myself.

There's someone who does 3D printed stands that are decent; once I have mine in hand I want to play around and see how feasible that would be as an option.

imfallenangel 07-23-2019 12:03 AM

from how big and heavy he is, I'd be afraid to use anything less than a camera tripod.

:P

Collectingtoys 07-23-2019 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imfallenangel (Post 791561)
from how big and heavy he is, I'd be afraid to use anything less than a camera tripod.

:P

Have to agree with you, the figure is incredibly hefty.

imfallenangel 07-24-2019 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Collectingtoys (Post 791642)
Have to agree with you, the figure is incredibly hefty.

the more I play with mine, the more I have to say that the 5mm peg that's underneath would have to be very solid, otherwise it would simply snap in the figure...

I only have small stands that would never be strong enough, but just taking in consideration the size of the peg and the plastic of most standard stands, I feel like the peg itself would snap off.

This figure would probably need something custom that would fit with more that the 5mm peg hole, OR if someone would still try, I'd say go with a metal stand, just build one using a 5mm metal tubing or such.

BludChylde 07-24-2019 02:45 PM

I know jack about making stands, but would it be possible to build one that would be able to cradle under key spots for support? Instead of messing with the 5mm port.

wesperino 09-20-2019 11:37 AM

Would be awesome to display him with a rugged stand high enough to add some figures to the handles on his undercarriage

Pgianos 09-20-2019 11:50 AM

I use flightpose.com

wervenom 09-20-2019 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cr3d1t (Post 791557)
Anybody got an idea of which flight stands would be sturdy enough to hold up Jetfire in jet mode? He's a pretty big boy. He's got a 5mm port at the bottom.

Is this permanent or just for pictures?

cr3d1t 09-20-2019 08:39 PM

Would be premanent-ish.