Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Items For Sale or Trade (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Vancouver Toy Pool (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=25629)

GMfan 08-27-2010 03:36 PM

Re: The Vancouver Toy Pool

Taking a page from Nocturn, and I know Azim has a few toys he wanted to get to locals, I thought I'd start a thread for Vancouver. I know we have an active community, and something like this can only go towards strengthening it. There's a lot of really great stuff comming out, so lets beat the scalpers at thier own game!

The way this works is, if you want a toy, post a want ad. Keep tabs on this page, and if you see a wanted toy in stores, buy it, and then the first person in the pool gets to buy it from you at cost.

If you want a toy added to the pool, post and I will add it. If you want to be added to the want list for the pool for any figures, post and you'll be added to the queue.

Once a seller has the toy, they will PM the first person on the list and make arrangements. Or if you prefer to do it through escrow, I can middleman it for you.

If there are 'haves' and no 'wants', this works as a for sale thread, the first person to post for it gets it.

Rules:
This will only work if people give back!
1) If you request to be added to the pool, and you spot a toy or two that are listed as having 'wanters', you have to pick it up for them. You must do this for at least as many items you are on the waiting list for!

2) Metro Vancouver only.

3) You cannot ask more than retail+tax+7% travel expenses or your cost+7% travel expenses for your toys. Otherwise this is just a scalp list. I personally will only sell for what I paid.

4) If you are a 'have', and you post in this thread or PM the person who is first on the 'want' list, the 'haver' must wait a minimum of 48 hours for a reply. If there is no response within 48 hours, the 'haver' has the option of going to the next person on the list, or waiting longer for the first place 'wanter' to reply.

5) The 'wanter' must accommodate the 'haver' within reason, when it comes to timely replies and travel time. Use your common sense here, someone is doing you a favour so try to make it as easy as possible for them to get the item to you.

6) As a 'wanter', if you fpeel you won't be able to pick up or pay for your item in a timely manner, you have the option of bumping yourself down the want list a few spots. Post or PM me if you'd like to do that.

Richter 08-27-2010 03:36 PM

The Vancouver Toy Pool

On to the pool:

Masterpiece Grimlock
Want:
monkey16

Have:

Generations Dirge

Want:
jjwankenobi

Have:

Generations Darkmount
Want:

Trans4mers

Have:

WFC Megatron
Want:
Trans4mers

Have:

WFC Soundwave
Want:
jackwacko
icetron
Trans4mers
Delta-Raven

Have:

HA Jazz
Want:
Lysist (walmart price only)

Have:

Lets prove that Vancouver can have a community too!

Trans4mers 08-27-2010 03:45 PM

Great thread Richter! Let's build this friendly community. I've been away for a while because of the animosity built over the years which should be water under the bridge. Please put me down for

1x MP Grimlock
1x TFA Ironhide

pandaprime 08-27-2010 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richter (Post 268696)

2) GVRD only.

should really be Metro Vancouver....

"In 2007, the GVRD board unanimously supported a proposal to the provincial government to change its official name to Metro Vancouver.[4] While the new name took effect in September 2007, the Province declined to amend the Greater Vancouver Regional District's letters patent to change the name to "Metro Vancouver".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metro_Vancouver

Lysist 08-27-2010 05:03 PM

I would be interested in an HA jazz (but not at TRU prices), Rodimus and Ironhide :)

Cool idea.

Richter 08-27-2010 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pandaprime (Post 268710)
should really be Metro Vancouver....

"In 2007, the GVRD board unanimously supported a proposal to the provincial government to change its official name to Metro Vancouver.[4] While the new name took effect in September 2007, the Province declined to amend the Greater Vancouver Regional District's letters patent to change the name to "Metro Vancouver".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metro_Vancouver

Hahaha what? ok ok

Ozrein 08-27-2010 05:35 PM

I'm looking for a TFA Rodimus and Ironhide.

I'm more than willing to help anyone out. In fact last time I was at Walmart there were a couple HA Jazz's. Next time I'm in there I could grab them if people are interested. The price was back up to $39.9X though.

Oh and as far as cost to the 'buyer', I think rounding up to the nearest dollar or 10 dollar is reasonable depending on the original cost. A legend that costs 6.50 works out to 7.26 with tax. A reasonable request would $8 mostly for simplicity's sake. While an HA figure would be around $45 w/ taxes and I dont think $50 would be completely unreasonable for that, specially if you're going out of your way to meet up with someone. $5 for gas is pretty cheap to get the figure you want. Just my .02.

Richter 08-27-2010 05:48 PM

Ya that's why I gave a 7% travel allowance, that gives you a buck a deluxe and about 3.5 bucks on a $50 toy

And ya we have 2 HA jazz requests, looking at the walmart price point of $39

Richter 08-27-2010 06:33 PM

Trans4mers, I picked up a pair of rodimus and ironhide today, you're first on the list so they're yours if you want em. My cost only

PM me to arrange a pickup!

venksta 08-27-2010 10:06 PM

Awesome thread idea! :D

Seeing how all the Rodimus are gone by the time I found out, put me down for him only at the moment. :)

Jin 08-27-2010 10:25 PM

I'm looking for TFA rodimus and ironhide also at the moment. if I find any for myself, I'll be sure to get some extras for people here.

lambie 08-28-2010 05:52 AM

I got an extra TFA Rodimus Minor & TFG Autobot Drift.

I know this board is for TF only, but since you guys will be hunting, can you guys keep an eye out for following figures? Also I drive down to Bellingham, the other day I drove down to Alderwood TRU too, I saw HA Barricade & Jazz, and I didn't know they're so popular.

Halo: Reach - Series 1 - Grunt Ultra
http://spawn.com/toys/product.aspx?product=4186

DC Universe Classics Batman TRU exclusive
http://www.itsalltrue.net/?p=4005

Delta-Raven 08-28-2010 11:11 AM

Put me down for TFA Rodimus and HA Jazz.

And I'll for sure keep an eye for your guys' wants. Cheers!

Great thread, Richter!

jjwankenobi 08-28-2010 11:42 AM

Mister Richter, you make good threads...

This may be jumping the gun a little but I am/will be looking for a Generations Dirge when he hits the pegs. Loose or sealed but complete.

Guaranteed I won't find him since I never get the chance to look (believe it or not, having two kids means you spend less time at toy stores than you'd think) and the $30 CAD I paid for Generations Thrust from Automoton Toys makes me think there are better deals locally.

darrenpower04 08-28-2010 11:51 AM

great to see boards members helping each other out. This is the way it should be. when highly anticipated figures arrive just help out by buying two and then selling one to the members who are having trouble finding them! bam, done! I will do this from now on when I am out on the prowl. I already got rod and hide early so if i see them I will get them both and put them in the pool....

dees 08-28-2010 01:28 PM

great idea.

i'll help out when i can!

lambie 08-28-2010 01:51 PM

so who is taking the Rodimus Minor?

Trans4mers?
Lysist?

I need to do this quick because I will be going on a trip soon, so please email me at cloud1124(at)shaw.ca

Trans4mers 08-28-2010 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lambie (Post 269035)

Trans4mers?
Lysist?

I need to do this quick because I will be going on a trip soon, so please email me at cloud1124(at)shaw.ca

I'm getting mine through Richter so Lysist is next up o bat. Fyi, that i'll be checking out the Squamish Walmart tomorrow so I'll see if i can pick up anything for people.

kirbenvost 08-28-2010 03:27 PM

I'm looking for Rodimus Minor & Ironhide as well. :)

Ozrein 08-28-2010 03:33 PM

Just grabbed an HA Jazz for the next person on the list if they want it. I'm out in Abbotsford but if Richter is working in Langley next week maybe we can arrange to meet up.
*edit: looks like Richter is the next one on the list so yeah Richter give me a call or shoot me a PM.

I'm hoping to check Langley TRU for the TFA figures soon. If anyone sees them there could they pick up one each of Ironhide and Rodimus for me? I'm out in Langley a few times a week so it's much more convenient to meet up with someone in that area.

WhiteRabbit 08-28-2010 03:53 PM

This is a great idea! I'll start keeping a better eye out for stuff.

I'm also in need of a TFA Ironhide. :)

Richter 08-28-2010 04:54 PM

Hanson just had a super good idea, what about adding group buys to this thread (or start a new one) to save on shipping for everyone? ie. high demand items from automaton or BBTS and such

Richter 08-28-2010 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lambie (Post 269035)

Trans4mers?
Lysist?

It's lysist, let me know when you guys finish the transaction and I'll knock ya off the list

jjwankenobi 08-29-2010 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richter (Post 269074)
Hanson just had a super good idea, what about adding group buys to this thread (or start a new one) to save on shipping for everyone? ie. high demand items from automaton or BBTS and such

Pre-sign me up for the FP Protector Armor group buy! Through SoA, I presume...

Richter 08-29-2010 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjwankenobi (Post 269277)
Pre-sign me up for the FP Protector Armor group buy! Through SoA, I presume...

Well, I don't know if there is any incentive for doing a GB through SoA as shipping isn't an issue and I don't have the hookup there. If someone does have a hookup though, we could do that

lambie 08-29-2010 05:51 AM

Lysist, left you a message, if I don't get a message or email in the next 24 hours, I am moving to next person in line for Rodimus.

(/'-')/ Peanut 08-29-2010 03:36 PM

Got a generations drift up for grabs.

venksta 08-29-2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richter (Post 269278)
Well, I don't know if there is any incentive for doing a GB through SoA as shipping isn't an issue and I don't have the hookup there. If someone does have a hookup though, we could do that

I'll talk to my buddy at SOA (the owner) to see if he can do a deal if a certain amount of guys do agree to buy Protector from there. I'll see if he'll match the cheapest online retailer price, in case his store charges more. That way, you all save shipping cost.

Delta-Raven 08-29-2010 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venksta (Post 269433)
I'll talk to my buddy at SOA (the owner) to see if he can do a deal if a certain amount of guys do agree to buy Protector from there. I'll see if he'll match the cheapest online retailer price, in case his store charges more. That way, you all save shipping cost.

If this can be arranged, count me in for the GB.

Trans4mers 08-29-2010 04:43 PM

Squamish walmart:

Hunt for decepticon: payload, night ops ratchet. A bunch of old scout figs: crankstart, brimestone, hubcap.. No HA Jazz or WFC figs yet...

kirbenvost 08-29-2010 04:45 PM

Would we be paying in advance for a group buy, or when they arrive?

Trans4mers 08-29-2010 04:50 PM

Count me in for protector if we can get a deal from SoA. He should give local collectors a break :)

pandaprime 08-29-2010 05:56 PM

there's at least 3 each of TFG wave 1 on the pegs at NV WM right now.... :) sorry I can't afford to pre-buy any right now for the pool... :(

p.s. wow this was post number 2200 for me....

venksta 08-29-2010 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delta-Raven (Post 269460)
If this can be arranged, count me in for the GB.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirbenvost (Post 269463)
Would we be paying in advance for a group buy, or when they arrive?

Depends on the owner. If I guarantee a certain amount will buy, he might not take a deposit.. But then we would need a rule, that once your in, you can't back out of the deal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trans4mers (Post 269467)
Count me in for protector if we can get a deal from SoA. He should give local collectors a break :)

Actually, thinking about it. The Bruticus preorder price was $100, which was the about the same or a tiny bit less than BBTS and TFsource. You saved on shipping, but had to pay taxes, which would still be less then with shipping. So if we don't get a group buy deal, it'll probably be better still to just preorder directly from the store, individually. Then there is the whole shipping date. Usually SOA gets FP stuff in later, after BBTS and TFSource get their stock. With the Bruticus kit, they were the first to get it in this time. So for those that don't want to wait, or take the gamble, there might not be a gurantee if it shows up early, or late.

Anyways, just my thoughts on the matter. I will still inquire. I'll ask about getting a deal if 20 people sign up. That should be plenty.

kirbenvost 08-29-2010 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venksta (Post 269565)
Depends on the owner. If I guarantee a certain amount will buy, he might not take a deposit.. But then we would need a rule, that once your in, you can't back out of the deal.

Well I would be able to put down some sort of deposit if necessary, I just wouldn't be able to afford the full amount right away.

Richter 08-30-2010 01:17 AM

When it comes time for the protector armor, Venk and I will talk and we'll make a new thread. No signup posts yet!

lambie 08-30-2010 09:01 AM

it has been more than 24hrs, i will be passing the tfa rodimus to the next person, Ozrein.

Lysist 08-30-2010 01:17 PM

Cool that :) thanks for thinking of me. It was a mega busy weekend so I did not look at the boards. (not good timing anyway)

dmxlite 08-30-2010 02:21 PM

Looking for MP Grimlock, will add to the pool if i find any extra

Richter 08-30-2010 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lambie (Post 269657)
it has been more than 24hrs, i will be passing the tfa rodimus to the next person, Ozrein.

K let me know when the transaction is finished so I can update the list

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lysist (Post 269765)
Cool that :) thanks for thinking of me. It was a mega busy weekend so I did not look at the boards. (not good timing anyway)

Lysist, you're still first and you get the next one that comes up (if you're able to get it).

I added a few new rules to the first post. They are pretty common sense, let me know what you think.