Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Taking advantage of others (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=79303)

ssjgoku22 04-01-2020 08:29 PM

Taking advantage of others

So, browsing Ebay a little while ago and saw this:

https://i.imgur.com/crI3Ak9.jpg

In these times that we're living in and people are still doing this shit. Pretty disgusting if you ask me. These are clearly in stock at stores, but because people are unable to shop much at all because of the virus, these idiots have to go out, purchase multiples and then scalp the hell out of them. Honestly...

It's a Canadian seller (not going to name them).

This seller is doing the same thing with the Netflix Megatron, selling it at $119.

Northerncrowe 04-01-2020 08:56 PM

Re: Taking advantage of others

Yeah it sucks. Don't feed the scalpers. But more importantly, don't buy toys now if you are not in a financial position to do so. All these toys can wait until this is resolved, then stores will hold sales to get everyone buying stuff again.

I keep seeing posts by people in the US going on multiple location toy runs. Sit yer butts at home and enjoy what you have. This includes your existing toys and the people you share your life with. If not, we'll be like this for several more months.

Sun Swipe Prime 04-01-2020 09:13 PM

Nothing like this surprises me. Shitty people being shitty. Stupid people being stupid.

But it makes me sigh, because in our efforts to protect those at risk and help those in need, we also have to protect people like this. Sometime fighting the course of natural selection has its downside.

predahank 04-01-2020 10:02 PM

I took a look at listings and they are all Canadian so I’m guessing we got it before the US

UsernamePrime 04-01-2020 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by predahank (Post 808538)
I took a look at listings and they are all Canadian so I’m guessing we got it before the US

we did. youtube doesnt have american reviews on them yet and walmart.com lists them as summer pre-orders.

I imagine an American would be enticed most, Canadians should just wait a bit, you know they will be common once the show hits netflix

TFanPage101 04-01-2020 10:40 PM

No idea why people do this with early releases, it'll be out on wide release very soon for much cheaper. Who would be dumb enough to pay that? On the other hand, I've noticed people are getting more impatient on releases. One store gets something early, and some people expect all the stores to do the same.

OptimusB38 04-01-2020 11:15 PM

Weak

Xtreme987 04-01-2020 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northerncrowe (Post 808531)
Yeah it sucks. Don't feed the scalpers. But more importantly, don't buy toys now if you are not in a financial position to do so. All these toys can wait until this is resolved, then stores will hold sales to get everyone buying stuff again.

I keep seeing posts by people in the US going on multiple location toy runs. Sit yer butts at home and enjoy what you have. This includes your existing toys and the people you share your life with. If not, we'll be like this for several more months.

Exactly my thoughts. I'm not ordering or buying anymore collectibles of any kind til' this ordeal is at least on a decline. I've got to focus my funds for more important things at the moment (eg. kids needs, car, groceries, prescriptions etc.)

neevnav 04-02-2020 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TFanPage101 (Post 808541)
No idea why people do this with early releases, it'll be out on wide release very soon for much cheaper. Who would be dumb enough to pay that? On the other hand, I've noticed people are getting more impatient on releases. One store gets something early, and some people expect all the stores to do the same.

Yup I've pre-ordered the new SS waves at A3U because I don't want to go stores and I'd rather support a small Canadian business

JonoPrime 04-02-2020 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xtreme987 (Post 808543)
Exactly my thoughts. I'm not ordering or buying anymore collectibles of any kind til' this ordeal is at least on a decline. I've got to focus my funds for more important things at the moment (eg. kids needs, car, groceries, prescriptions etc.)

^ This 100%