Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Hasbro's May 2010 Transformers Q&A Answers for Cybertron.ca (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=23647)

Super_Megatron 06-10-2010 09:00 PM

Hasbro's May 2010 Transformers Q&A Answers for Cybertron.ca

1 Attachment(s)
Cybertron.ca: Why are toys like ROTF Leader Jetfire or HFTD Leader Starscream not using the voice they had in the movie?
Hasbro: Simply stated, we felt that the voice files that we did have worked very well for these toys. While they are not the voice actors from the movie, we felt that the voices used in these toys did a great job representing the characters from the movie.

Cybertron.ca: What is the Canadian distribution system like for Transformers? Where do figures arrive in Canada? Where do they go from there? How do they get to stores? Is the system the same for other lines?
Hasbro: The Canadian distribution system is similar to all distribution systems. The items are shipped in from overseas to a central warehouse and then distributed to our retail partners from that location. Ultimately, it is then up to each retail partner to determine how their inventory gets distributed to their stores throughout the country.

Pascal 06-10-2010 09:10 PM

Re: Hasbro's May 2010 Transformers Q&A Answers for Cybertron.ca

Wow, 2nd question answered for me in a row, I'm on a roll! :p Now I would be curious to know who are behind those non-movie voices...

Mighty_Galvatron 06-10-2010 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 242728)
Wow, 2nd question answered for me in a row, I'm on a roll! :p Now I would be curious to know who are behind those non-movie voices...

Non-Movie voices = cheaper for Hasbro.

Team Jetfire 06-10-2010 11:07 PM

My guess for Jetfire would be Mike Myers...

"JETFIRE'S me name"

If it ain't scottish it's crap!!!!

jackwacko 06-11-2010 01:28 AM

Totally not related to our Q&A Period, but about the movie Leader Prime toy.... I swear Movie 3's Leader Prime is gonna be chromeless Buster Prime.. =.= Donno if i've crossed the bounds of forum rules, but possibility?

Bruticus82 06-11-2010 08:58 AM

I think next time I'll ask about the english only cardbacks in Canada and how/why they show up in Canada, and what this means for Quebec fans.

I mean, I strongly suspect the answers, but sometimes it's nice to hear them say so.

bubbacon 06-11-2010 11:32 AM

Loved the question about distribution, it answered some questions I had.

JLvatron 06-11-2010 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruticus82 (Post 242849)
I think next time I'll ask about the english only cardbacks in Canada and how/why they show up in Canada, and what this means for Quebec fans.

Great Q!

Ozrein 06-11-2010 01:27 PM

I'm still wondering about TFA Ironhide and Rodimus. I mean with Arcee/Ratchet showing up in past couple days, I suppose we could assume that they will eventually show up but it would be nice to get a confirmation (or as much of a confirmation as Hasbro normally gives. ie: "maybe" or "no")

G.B.Blackrock 06-11-2010 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super_Megatron (Post 242722)
Cybertron.ca: Why are toys like ROTF Leader Jetfire or HFTD Leader Starscream not using the voice they had in the movie?
Hasbro: Simply stated, we felt that the voice files that we did have worked very well for these toys. While they are not the voice actors from the movie, we felt that the voices used in these toys did a great job representing the characters from the movie.

OK, that's got to be the lamest answer I've ever seen....

"Why not use the real voice?"
"We thought the fake ones were good enough."

Seriously, I'd rather they said "movie voice actors cost more money, and this was considered to be an unnecessary expense" or some such.