Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Earthrise appreciation thread (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=78971)

Pascal 02-25-2020 08:26 PM

Earthrise appreciation thread

That Starscream is a hell of a figure. One of the best Voyagers in years imo. With landing gear and maybe a waist swivel, it would be perfect.

ssjgoku22 02-25-2020 09:14 PM

Re: Earthrise appreciation thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 806283)
That Starscream is a hell of a figure. One of the best Voyagers in years imo. With landing gear and maybe a waist swivel, it would be perfect.

Agreed, I think I'm going to get rid of my Seige versions because of it (really prefer the fighter jet alt mode instead of the tetra jet).

chaingunsofdoom 02-25-2020 09:16 PM

Grapple has around... 95% of his G1 transformation in 2020 plastic technology... and is excellent!

Pascal 02-25-2020 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom (Post 806286)
Grapple has around... 95% of his G1 transformation in 2020 plastic technology... and is excellent!

Yeah, I thought he already looked fantastic just sitting there in his box on the shelf, the plastic has a nice quality shine to it.

protoform_ironhide 02-25-2020 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 806283)

Just got that today too, it's definitely underrated.

wervenom 02-26-2020 07:51 AM

Still waiting for Starscream and the only one I've opened is Prime and that was pretty impressive

GotBot 02-26-2020 08:56 AM

Really? You guys like ER Starscream better than Siege? Okay then,lol. To be fair, i always kinda detested the classics mold anyway so not surprised the ER is less than impressive to me. He's not bad but there is a TON of room for improvement and accuracy. Be careful with them tiny chest tabs.Grapple is quite the sleeper hit though.

evenstaves 02-26-2020 09:30 AM

Never got the Classics seekers, and honestly don't have a single CHUG or PWT Scream (never thought any of them were good enough representation)

POTP is a joke
got TC & SW of the CW legends, they are OK enough (functional) but tiny and limited articulation

Siege's bot mode looked kind of OK, but I couldn't get past how dumpy it looked in-box, plus I didn't want my "when I finally get a Starscream" to be a damned tetrajet that removes the whole jet off his back

EarthRise is honestly looking like I'll finally bite
Wish he had a smirk or a smile or something (Siege TC's unfolded-paper-clip-dragged-across-the-face doesn't count), and lack of a waist swivel really feels like a WTF at this point
But lots of in-hand pics coming back are making him look good, and the jet is to die for (hopefully grey plastic is OK; looks it so far, we'll see in person)

joelones 02-26-2020 10:38 AM

I know it's not the place here but I'm genuinely underwhelmed by Earthrise. Don't get me wrong, I think the engineering is much improved and designs are nice. But despite the price hikes, the toys still exhibit the same cheap feeling plastic and hollowness we're accustomed to seeing with most mainline TFs.

For example, look at Optimus, voyager scale at leader price...The cab is nice, in terms of engineering, arguably one of the best renditions of a mainline OP but the plastic is utterly terrible feeling and the trailer's ridiculously under-scaled and under-painted (and not to mention no roller).

Price is undoubtedly the biggest problem I have with these, and unfortunately that's the new norm going forward. OP is close to $80 after taxes and with lack of sales and shody distribution, we're essentially now forced to buy at regular price. I'm not sure how many of you justify that price and are Ok with dropping $80 on a mainline voyager figure. G1 nostalgia at insane price points I guess.

JonoPrime 02-26-2020 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joelones (Post 806312)
I know it's not the place here but I'm genuinely underwhelmed by Earthrise. Don't get me wrong, I think the engineering is much improved and designs are nice. But despite the price hikes, the toys still exhibit the same cheap feeling plastic and hollowness we're accustomed to seeing with most mainline TFs.

For example, look at Optimus, voyager scale at leader price...The cab is nice, in terms of engineering, arguably one of the best renditions of a mainline OP but the plastic is utterly terrible feeling and the trailer's ridiculously under-scaled and under-painted (and not to mention no roller).

Price is undoubtedly the biggest problem I have with these, and unfortunately that's the new norm going forward. OP is close to $80 after taxes and with lack of sales and shody distribution, we're essentially now forced to buy at regular price. I'm not sure how many of you justify that price and are Ok with dropping $80 on a mainline voyager figure. G1 nostalgia at insane price points I guess.

I agree 100%